42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

4 hours ago, Sergei316 said:

Some updated sales numbers as of 22:22 EST...

Sets Sold:  176

Sets active for sale: 94

Total Sales: $208,421.73 (USD)

Avg Sale Price:  $1,184.21

Average BIN and AUCT prices continue to fall

What do you think the total sets available will be? 500?  1000?

Lego42113_0801.pdf 441.25 kB · 6 downloads

I think it may well be a full European production run of 10000 out there.

Very.co.uk just sold out 5 mins ago, I’m not sure if they were selling them online yesterday though.

30 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Very's stock appeared after 6am. Looks like around 60 units judging by the other new sets. 

I think there are a lot less than 10,000 sets out there. 

Lego branded stores would have received a shipment as well as the warehouse for online sales, hence will be a lot less than 10k.  My local store said they had a stack of them in the back but obviously weren’t allowed to put them on the shelves.  As to what will happen to them, they do not know yet.  Hence, would not surprise me if in the end they decide to put those out on the shelves those that are already in back rooms and avoid having to ship them back.  If they do ship them back I’d expect that they’ll break down the sets for for distribution to LUGs for spare parts

Edited by Cheese

Here is some evidence that JLP had 159 units delivered, 53 cartons. Now they may have had more than one pallet, I don't know. Very/Littlewoods had around 60. Smyths 100-200, Argos 400, Independents 100 to 200.

Lego and Amazon stock is missing as are one or two other players. 

If anyone can add any other evidence, it would be much appreiated. These are ball park figures, but my gut today is 1,000 to 2,000 units in UK circulation, probably nearer 1,000.

Of course this figure many change in the future with the unsold stock. Will it be broken down and recycled, who knows. 

1512322089_JohnLewis.thumb.jpg.44c17efc0e7612ff3c82581092115d4b.jpg

Edited by Goblin

48 minutes ago, Goblin said:

Here is some evidence that JLP had 159 units delivered, 53 cartons. Now they may have had more than one pallet, I don't know. Very/Littlewoods had around 60. Smyths 100-200, Argos 400, Independents 100 to 200.

Lego and Amazon stock is missing as are one or two other players. 

If anyone can add any other evidence, it would be much appreiated. These are ball park figures, but my gut today is 1,000 to 2,000 units in UK circulation, probably nearer 1,000.

Of course this figure many change in the future with the unsold stock. Will it be broken down and recycled, who knows. 

1512322089_JohnLewis.thumb.jpg.44c17efc0e7612ff3c82581092115d4b.jpg

What other sites should we be keeping an eye on do you think? You mentioned Amazon and Lego but that's surely unlikely now but what about others. Do some retailers wait until after release date. 

If the release date in Northern America was meant to be 1st September, when do you think you could comfortably say they aren't getting any?

Given other countries who received stock started selling it a few days before the 1st August official release date.

5 hours ago, csingh said:

If the release date in Northern America was meant to be 1st September, when do you think you could comfortably say they aren't getting any?

Given other countries who received stock started selling it a few days before the 1st August official release date.

It was Sept 1st before cancellation as far as I'm aware.  So "never".  However, I imagine there is a possibility that Lego could decide to ship stock manufactured if so to stores and just sell it.  That way said stock is sold without any "losses".

On 8/4/2020 at 1:36 AM, Klownicle said:

It was Sept 1st before cancellation as far as I'm aware.  So "never".  However, I imagine there is a possibility that Lego could decide to ship stock manufactured if so to stores and just sell it.  That way said stock is sold without any "losses".

I think that's kinda day dreaming but a nice thought, Lego to ship/sell all stock that is manufactured for the Osprey would well undo all issues they are trying to avoid by recalling the product. I think there is a few little pockets of product floating about in retail stores now, but the thing is well done its dash, now to see what happens with the free market now should make for fantastic watching!

5 hours ago, H3ssian said:

I think that's kinda day dreaming but a nice thought, Lego to ship/sell all stock that is manufactured for the Osprey would well undo all issues they are trying to avoid by recalling the product. I think there is a few little pockets of product floating about in retail stores now, but the thing is well done its dash, now to see what happens with the free market now should make for fantastic watching!

Lego technically didn't recall this product, they just canceled it.  Lego said that themselves retailers that received stock would still be allowed to sell it.  

The price average has really dropped in the past two days, earlier this morning we were at around $750.  It seems to start lower in the morning and then increase by the evening.  Currently I see a $800 average before shipping.  We are just shy of 500 listings total since inception.  The number of items being listed peaked on the 3rd at around 40 plus on one day.  We are back down to the average prior to release around 20 average.  Total sold each day has also lowered.  Each day we have seen about a 50 to $60 drop in the average price sold. If it continues by Sunday we might be in the $600 range.  Right now I believe quick flippers looking to sell are driving the lowering of the price.  Just ends up being a battle.  I think I saw maybe 150 listed currently?

Edited by Klownicle

The number of quick flippers selling these right now is next level. Over 300 active listings internationally on ebay. 

It will be interesting to see what the numbers look like in a week, a month, and in December... I can't see them going below $500US personally, but the question is if they'll ever get back to $1800... We can but wait and see!

9 minutes ago, MrSam said:

The number of quick flippers selling these right now is next level. Over 300 active listings internationally on ebay. 

It will be interesting to see what the numbers look like in a week, a month, and in December... I can't see them going below $500US personally, but the question is if they'll ever get back to $1800... We can but wait and see!

I'm sitting on a few sets, waiting for the eBay noise to die down.

I've sold a couple to people in America to recover my outlay. Seems that's where the premium will be if no sets ever make it there.

If prices crash back to rrp then I'm no worse off.

So the price may be stabilizing in eBay, seeing an avg for the past couple days of 715-750 USD before shipping.  The number of new items being listed as well as sold has slowed down.  And we are now at the fade into memory stage because the Lego sub reddit unpinned it's thread.  I'm sure it'll continue to drop a smidge more but things appear to be normalizing.

• Like 1

Has anyone seen the set with North American packaging with the piece count on the front of the box? 

As people pointed out there are probably 1,000+ in European/Asian packaging but I haven't seen any listings with US packaging yet.

LEGO probably never shipped any to the retailers due to the later release date of September 1st.

I am not sure if the factory in Mexico even produced any or if LEGO was planning to re-label European ones like they did with other sets.

Still hoping that some will fall off a truck in Mexico.

great site and thread here guys. I'm new here and only just started looking into Lego investing as a hobby probably only in around May (so am yet to get to the point of selling anything as planning to hold most ~2 years after retirement).  However, I was lucky and managed to snag an Osprey today for $250 AU which i wasn't looking for or expecting to see! Obviously I've missed the initial wave of really high resale prices, the sales in Ebay auctions in Australia seem to be around $800 AU at the moment (I know obviously still an amazing ROI). I've noticed the price here seems to be less than overseas sales though (also seems that a large percentage of available sales on ebay are from Aus at the moment, obviously driving the price down). IF (and from reading this thread it sounds highly likely) the US don't get ANY in shops, I'm thinking selling into the US is going to be a possible good option.  Going to watch the market for a few days and read as much as I can, and plan on going back and picking up the remaining 2 sets on the shelf tomorrow!  btw, the sticker on my box says 19g0, so which factory is that from, out of interest? Currently 133 sets on Ebay I can see, 44 in Australia. 

On 8/16/2020 at 9:01 AM, Hammers33 said:

great site and thread here guys. I'm new here and only just started looking into Lego investing as a hobby probably only in around May (so am yet to get to the point of selling anything as planning to hold most ~2 years after retirement).  However, I was lucky and managed to snag an Osprey today for $250 AU which i wasn't looking for or expecting to see! Obviously I've missed the initial wave of really high resale prices, the sales in Ebay auctions in Australia seem to be around $800 AU at the moment (I know obviously still an amazing ROI). I've noticed the price here seems to be less than overseas sales though (also seems that a large percentage of available sales on ebay are from Aus at the moment, obviously driving the price down). IF (and from reading this thread it sounds highly likely) the US don't get ANY in shops, I'm thinking selling into the US is going to be a possible good option.  Going to watch the market for a few days and read as much as I can, and plan on going back and picking up the remaining 2 sets on the shelf tomorrow!  btw, the sticker on my box says 19g0, so which factory is that from, out of interest? Currently 133 sets on Ebay I can see, 44 in Australia. 

Market bottomed out at $670 avg before ship.  However sales and new items have slowed down quite a bit.  Just a handful each day being sold and added.  Avg sale price is now starting to climb erratically but slowly.

There is no US/CA release for this product.  All auctions you see located on the US and CA are drop ships from overseas.

RU, UK, NZ, and AU are the primary sources.  Leading with UK.