42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

So WW19, 25, and 28 production runs at a minimum.  May, June, and July.  That seems like a lot sets.

Other sets from ebay auctions that I can read the code have 22g0 (China?).

Well, if two different factories were producing sets as far back as 19/22, then I suppose we can't rule out Mexico making these.  But given the pressure to fill the North America needs on current releases and the Sept versus August release date, I still expect they didn't make any before last week's announcement.

Just my 2 cents.

14 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

I think I can work out the amount per pallet, the question is, how many pallets are there?

lets start with jhow many "there have been" since the production started. First shipments went off already in May. Standard road truck loads approx 22 palets (there is no other transport used for UK or Germany). Surely you do not expect that in May - when there were no foreseeable obstructions anywhere close on the horizon, that the full, standard production of cca 150 EUR sets would comprise in just 10 palets or so. 

https://www.dnoviny.cz/spedice-logistika/ze-skladu-v-jirnech-putuje-lego-do-celeho-sveta

have this article regarding LEGO export warehouses translated automatically via Google Chrome

square footage over 100.000 sqm, annual turnover ove r1.5 mil LEGO sets, at any moment can store up to 150.000 sets. and that was almost ten years ago.. 

Edited by crayxlp

6 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

lets start with jhow many "there have been" since the production started. First shipments went off already in May. Standard road truck loads approx 22 palets (there is no other transport used for UK or Germany). Surely you do not expect that in May - when there were no foreseeable obstructions anywhere close on the horizon, that the full, standard production of cca 150 EUR sets would comprise in just 10 palets or so. 

https://www.dnoviny.cz/spedice-logistika/ze-skladu-v-jirnech-putuje-lego-do-celeho-sveta

have this article regarding LEGO export warehouses translated automatically via Google Chrome

square footage over 100.000 sqm, annual turnover ove r1.5 mil LEGO sets, at any moment can store up to 150.000 sets. and that was almost ten years ago.. 

So are we saying that there at least 150, 000 of this set waiting to be sold on the 1st?  Would this be for UK and EU?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

Are you sure that you can use so-called "common sense"? Or do you think that LEGO in 2011 constructed a warehouse size of 18 football fields JUST for the future release of some idio-tic Bell copter.. ? Seriously? 

I'm reading this thread and thinking the same.  Those that feel this set will be plentiful are likely mistaken.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, crayxlp said:

Are you sure that you can use so-called "common sense"? Or do you think that LEGO in 2011 constructed a warehouse size of 18 football fields JUST for the future release of some idio-tic Bell copter.. ? Seriously? 

I was not trying to imply they would hold 150k, I was just trying to understand what you were saying about the amount that could be stored.  You said to do the math per pallet, and I did, but you never gave any further context to that.  Were you meaning to just be rhetorical? 

1 minute ago, Klownicle said:

I'm reading this thread and thinking the same.  Those that feel this set will be plentiful are likely mistaken.

I have a feeling that this set will be very scarce, you just have to look at John Lewis and Argos to see this.  Both selling out in mere hours shows that either 1000's were bought unbelievable quick (unlikely) or that the stores simply had very little stock to begin with.  I am assuming this is the case, if other stores did happen to have sets to sell, I would also assume they would have little stock to sell that would also sell out very quickly.

2 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

I was not trying to imply they would hold 150k, I was just trying to understand what you were saying about the amount that could be stored.  You said to do the math per pallet, and I did, but you never gave any further context to that.  Were you meaning to just be rhetorical? 

And I have a feeling THAT:

a) you are a minor under 18 not yet finishing his studies

b) have real problems with LOGICAL THINKING! - or do you think that you build a warehouse just to hold A SINGLE SET??

there was nothing in my original submission that could possible lead you to any sci-fi expectation that there would be over 100.000 Osprey sets in that warehouse. You all (with a very very scarcy few) are soooo distant in the "distribution chain" that i wanted to give you some more xtra info.. what infor you have? Scrugging and scouting local toychains either online or asking the "supermanager" (who lets be frank might actually know nothing significant, certainly not straight from Kladno, CZE factor and just parroting heard-say from his managers and so.. and sco.. there would be, I imagine, at least 5 different dptm (ppl) between the moment the loaded truck leaves the Prague warehose and the set appears in the UK local toystore. 

3 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

And I have a feeling THAT:

a) you are a minor under 18 not yet finishing his studies

b) have real problems with LOGICAL THINKING! - or do you think that you build a warehouse just to hold A SINGLE SET??

there was nothing in my original submission that could possible lead you to any sci-fi expectation that there would be over 100.000 Osprey sets in that warehouse. You all (with a very very scarcy few) are soooo distant in the "distribution chain" that i wanted to give you some more xtra info.. what infor you have? Scrugging and scouting local toychains either online or asking the "supermanager" (who lets be frank might actually know nothing significant, certainly not straight from Kladno, CZE factor and just parroting heard-say from his managers and so.. and sco.. there would be, I imagine, at least 5 different dptm (ppl) between the moment the loaded truck leaves the Prague warehose and the set appears in the UK local toystore. 

What's with all the hating against MasamuneHonjo? Leave the guy alone. Sorry if we all don't have the incredible insight that you do. The guy was just asking questions about things. Brickpicker is surely about helping others and learning and not about bashing each other and making them feel crappy. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, raulaco said:

What's with all the hating against MasamuneHonjo? Leave the guy alone. Sorry if we all don't have the incredible insight that you do. The guy was just asking questions about things. Brickpicker is surely about helping others and learning and not about bashing each other and making them feel crappy. 

Thank you, this is literally the first set I've shown interest in investing into LEGO, I only found this site last week.  Apologies for asking questions that some of you might find laughable.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

Thank you, this is literally the first set I've shown interest in investing into LEGO, I only found this site last week.  Apologies for asking questions that some of you might find laughable.  

No dumb questions, only stupid answers!  :-D. Ask away I say.

• Like 1

Hi all!  My name is Chris from the US.  I've got twin kiddos (6yo) that both LOVE LEGO.  I love them too, but we have a small house and not a lot of storage space for finished builds.  Lately I've been exploring the thought of investing in a few great sets...and somehow I stumbled onto the Osprey.  I'm officially one of those "Shmucks" from the US that overpaid early exclusive ebay prices.  I feel a little sick to my stomach....but I'm hoping that this set ends up being limited and worth collecting.

Anyway...Hello :)

11 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

Really glad to have you here buddy. Ask whatever you want, I certainly won't be laughing. This set is one out of a million and defiantly a reason to look into Lego investing a bit more. I hope you bag some more sets in the next week, I'm sure they'll be at least one other opportunity. :)

6 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Really glad to have you here buddy. Ask whatever you want, I certainly won't be laughing. This set is one out of a million and defiantly a reason to look into Lego investing a bit more. I hope you bag some more sets in the next week, I'm sure they'll be at least one other opportunity. :)

my plan hit any smiths when the doors open on release day, if its not there it wont be stocked.

1 minute ago, joneyyy1981 said:

my plan hit any smiths when the doors open on release day, if its not there it wont be stocked.

How many Smyths we covering, may see you eventually lol. Race you to the set, first one gets the set the runner up gets a Bugatti from the other person.

Pretty fair I say. 

1 minute ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Just wait for August 3rd or so, it will show how many are out there. Holding this set is a bad idea either way, there will only be more of them.

Hold or to be scammed that is the question 

Looks like I'll be holding for ever

Edited by raulaco

Just now, joneyyy1981 said:

no point really is there?

Could do cash on collection? Wait that also seems a bad idea for me. I'm a pretty weedy person so if any sort of conflict arrived I would be sure to break in half. Also the fact now everyone wears masks makes things 10 times worse when trying to identify someone. 

Only option is to return them I guess. 

4 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Could do cash on collection? Wait that also seems a bad idea for me. I'm a pretty weedy person so if any sort of conflict arrived I would be sure to break in half. Also the fact now everyone wears masks makes things 10 times worse when trying to identify someone. 

Only option is to return them I guess. 

Sell it to me at cost?  I mean there is that too.

Edited by Klownicle
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

Sell it to be at cost?  I mean there is that too.

I'll sell you it at cost if you promise not to re sell it for profit lol 

Just now, raulaco said:

I'll sell you it at cost if you promise not to re sell it for profit lol 

Wait I miss read your message and realise you weren't actually asking for it haha oops 

Edited by raulaco

53 minutes ago, Klownicle said:

No dumb questions, only stupid answers!  :-D. Ask away I say.

You cant be serious.. - questions of that "guy" .. like ".. so .. if the storage can hold up to 150.000 Ospreys - are there now 15.000 Ospreys?" 

if you do not see the absurdity of that, perhaps even you should question your logical thinking. This has nothing to do with "litterate and logical questions". The reasoning of this guy is totally dumb and below logical thinking.

None the less this is going to be interesting turn of events rolling out in the next week, if prices plummet due to supply, I'm sure there will be a few issues with people that sold them on ebay for huge returns. orrrrr there is not many released or none on the 1st, and prices are set to sky rocket over the coming years. grab some pop corn and watch it all unfold.