42113 - Bell Boeing V-22 Osprey **Cancelled**

brickvoyeur

4 minutes ago, Sergei316 said:

Here is a full breakdown of all sales on eBay (PDF)

As of 07/29/2020 16:40 (PST)

113 sets sold

81 currently listed

$139,152.67 (USD)

Avg: $1,245.91 9USD)

Lego42113_Sales.pdf 393.8 kB · 5 downloads

Hi, thanks for this, quick question though, it says that data is as of 16:40 PST, when I Google the PST time just now to convert it to my time it says it is 12:49 PST just now.  Was this data from yesterday the 28th and not the 29th?  Sorry if this is a picky question, was just curious to know.

19 minutes ago, Sergei316 said:

Used the average for BIN for sets sold in the UK.

UK sellers seem to favor BIN

NZ sellers seem to favor AUCT

It's worth mentioning that kiwis never use ebay for selling, we have our own auction site called trademe (which has a way better UX and lower fees ;) ). So most are new users and wouldn't have had an option to put a fair buy-now price due to ebay t&cs.

14 minutes ago, Sergei316 said:

What is clear when reviewing all the listings is premiums prices are being paid for sets that are listed as MISB (MINT IN SEALED BOX).

Most of the AUCT/BIN with MISB are above $1500+ (USD).

Definitely agree. 

1 minute ago, MrSam said:

It's worth mentioning that kiwis never use ebay for selling, we have our own auction site called trademe (which has a way better UX and lower fees ;) ). So most are new users and wouldn't have had an option to put a fair buy-now price due to ebay t&cs.

Definitely agree. 

I see a lot that sell with MISB in the title but when you inspect the photos with a fine tooth comb, the sets are far from mint.

5 minutes ago, MasamuneHonjo said:

I see a lot that sell with MISB in the title but when you inspect the photos with a fine tooth comb, the sets are far from mint.

Personally, MISB means the item/product (in this case Lego) is mint inside a sealed box. MISB to me doesn't mean the box is in mint condition. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I've always interpreted it. 

Edited by oneknightr

9 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Personally, MISB means the item/product (in this case Lego) is mint inside a sealed box. MISB to me doesn't mean the box is in mint condition. Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how I've always interpreted it. 

Oh, perhaps I have been interpreting MISB wrong, I always thought it meant the the box was mint which made me very cautious about ever using MISB in my titles.

13 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

MISB _does_ mean that the box is in Mint condition. By using MISB in your listings you are opening yourself up for SNAD cases. Use NISB instead (New in Sealed Box), or avoid using these abbreviations altogether.

18 minutes ago, Phil B said:

MISB _does_ mean that the box is in Mint condition. By using MISB in your listings you are opening yourself up for SNAD cases. Use NISB instead (New in Sealed Box), or avoid using these abbreviations altogether.

I totally agree with the possible SNAD case with using the MISB acronym. That's why I hate using it. Also because of the different interpretations people have with it.

I only use "SEALED" and put the box condition in the description. 

Edited by oneknightr

Even Hwu thinks the set is "fundamentally flawed"

https://brickset.com/article/52876/review-42113-v-22-osprey

"However, the gearbox contains a serious design flaw, the likes of which we've never encountered in a Technic model before. I've managed to break it within a few hours of building it. If the mechanisms are kept within their limits and operated in a particular way, they operate fairly well, but it's all too easy to strain the motor and break the gears."

Edited by CosmicSpeed

8 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Even Hwu thinks the set is "fundamentally flawed"

https://brickset.com/article/52876/review-42113-v-22-osprey

"However, the gearbox contains a serious design flaw, the likes of which we've never encountered in a Technic model before. I've managed to break it within a few hours of building it. If the mechanisms are kept within their limits and operated in a particular way, they operate fairly well, but it's all too easy to strain the motor and break the gears."

another (aka sophisticated) crap why this banned set should not be resold. There have been numerous and pretty fascinating graphs how the set is doing on ebay. IF you got one sealed for 150 GBP and its not good enough to flip it the day after for 300 GBP .. I have absolutely no compassion for you. you are of the schmucks that Mr. Brickset mentioned in his article.  I understand the need to make a profit on a set.. but 100 per cent in less in a day is totally sufficient in my opinion. if you ask for more - your problem, your issue, do not cry over here.

17 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

another (aka sophisticated) crap why this banned set should not be resold. There have been numerous and pretty fascinating graphs how the set is doing on ebay. IF you got one sealed for 150 GBP and its not good enough to flip it the day after for 300 GBP .. I have absolutely no compassion for you. you are of the schmucks that Mr. Brickset mentioned in his article.  I understand the need to make a profit on a set.. but 100 per cent in less in a day is totally sufficient in my opinion. if you ask for more - your problem, your issue, do not cry over here.

https://brickset.com/article/52890/fixing-the-osprey

Honestly with the defect. Someone can claim the set was defective and want their money back.  Then your screwed.

Edited by Klownicle

41 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

People are selling the sets for what people are willing to pay.  I myself have bought several at very high prices.  Most people are buying this set at these prices for investment/collecting, not to build.

A seller sets a price, a buyer buys at said price. 

I do not understand how you can be upset with sellers who are trying to maximize their return.  The sellers I bought from didn’t twist my arm to buy the set.  

I have no desire to build any LEGO set I buy.  The gear issue would not stop me or most of other 140+ buyers from trying to obtain this set.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sergei316 said:

People are selling the sets for what people are willing to pay.  I myself have bought several at very high prices.  Most people are buying this set at these prices for investment/collecting, not to build.

A seller sets a price, a buyer buys at said price. 

I do not understand how you can be upset with sellers who are trying to maximize their return.  The sellers I bought from didn’t twist my arm to buy the set.  

I have no desire to build any LEGO set I buy.  The gear issue would not stop me or most of other 140+ buyers from trying to obtain this set.

I agree. People are surely only spending what they can afford on these sets. I only have a few but will probably wait it out for one and see how much it gets to. What does everyone think on the long term value on this set, if some of you are purchasing it for a grand then there must be potential. :)

2 minutes ago, raulaco said:

I agree. People are surely only spending what they can afford on these sets. I only have a few but will probably wait it out for one and see how much it gets to. What does everyone think on the long term value on this set, if some of you are purchasing it for a grand then there must be potential. :)

i dumped most of mine already, tomorrow is key. if nothing shows its money well spent probably.