71374 - Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

19 minutes ago, Pez said:

Anybody else get one of these and showing the order 'in process' ?

The site was acting wonky last night and I ended up with 2 different orders.

1 before the promo (which on my side looked like it declined so I tried again)

1 after the Mario mushroom promo

Really hoping they don't cancel on me as my local lego store is out of stock.

I wouldn't worry just yet. I had three orders go through due to the website being messed up. Two of them currently show as In Warehouse and one shows as In Progress. Then I also had three orders of the Mario starter set and one of those shows In Warehouse and the other two are In Progress. The warehouse one just updated about 30 minutes ago.

FYI anyone trying to get this at a lego store it was ridiculous at open today. It was like a restaurant when they call you to tell you that "your table is ready" got there @ open and it took 1.5 hours.  You cant go in the store. The entrance is a cash register and you place your order like at fast food. Cept Karen hasn't decided what she wants yet in front of you.

• Haha 4

On 7/14/2020 at 4:43 PM, MusiKyle said:

I don't have a system anymore but I couldn't get rid of these games as collectibles.  Still have them after all these years.

Nice. I've kept my cartridges as well plus the system though don't know if that still works or not let alone have anything to hook it up to.

On 7/14/2020 at 7:10 PM, BrickLegacy said:

Most of my favorites right there but f**ck that ninja turtles game

It was a game rife with picky jumps and needless paths (not to mention screen flicker & stutter with all the enemies on screen in spots) yet I find myself to be the odd one here in actually beating it back in the day. Now it took many, many hours to accomplish but I did it.

The dam was easy when following a generally straight path and keeping calm. Third level (first with the Turtle Van) if I remember well enough the barricades you need rockets to destroy hinted towards the way going down & around the bottom of the map. Some of the sewer jumps in that area were obnoxious still. The following level that felt like an airport of sorts was a slog of a labyrinth with mean traps between fire pits and big magnets for some reason. I recall somewhat faffing around until finding the boss. Kind of the same thing with the next stage as well. My first times tackling the Technodrome were rough. Then I realized my problem was trying to clear the screen of enemies instead of just going past them at least regarding the jet pack guys exception being one last narrow hallway before Shredder where I had to clear them. First successful run I think I used the triple throwing stars. That final fight with Shredder was intense only because of everything else in the game when I think about it. A few good hits and down he went. I pretty much played the entire game as Leonardo & Donatello swapping as needed.

TMNT on the NES is an altogether challenging game marred by pointless extra sections and side paths. Still in the end it controlled well for the most part, featured memorable music, and the open overworld was a unique feature then. Comparatively I found Legend of Zelda II more difficult and outright convoluted without a strategy guide. In fact until GameFAQs became a thing, I couldn't finish either Zelda game.

• Like 2

I ordered at about ten minutes after midnight. My set was changed from in warehouse to waiting for stock. So it seems like they oversold the first batch. Then they also took backorders for a while, so those have to be filled next. Then there's covid slowing down production. In my opinion it would be unlikely to get this before November if you haven't already.

34 minutes ago, Serejai said:

I ordered at about ten minutes after midnight. My set was changed from in warehouse to waiting for stock. So it seems like they oversold the first batch. Then they also took backorders for a while, so those have to be filled next. Then there's covid slowing down production. In my opinion it would be unlikely to get this before November if you haven't already.

Yeah, it did take a good 3-4 months for some of the larger sets to recover from the big COVID March Sellout of 2020.  I think we started seeing the sets again in July.  So August sellout to November could totally be a good estimate.

23 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

Yeah, it did take a good 3-4 months for some of the larger sets to recover from the big COVID March Sellout of 2020.  I think we started seeing the sets again in July.  So August sellout to November could totally be a good estimate.

I don't think it will take that long to be honest. Mexico was shut down during that time, but they are open now. Maybe 30-60 days is more accurate, if not sooner?

2 hours ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I don't think it will take that long to be honest. Mexico was shut down during that time, but they are open now. Maybe 30-60 days is more accurate, if not sooner?

yes, but there's also a boatload of new sets that are releasing (in US) as well...the HP wave alone is pretty massive...not to mention the SW sets.  

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

25 minutes ago, Kittytoot said:

Can someone clarify - so, the starter kit is a completely different thing altogether but it contains the Mario figurine that makes the NES TV give off sound effects? Is this right? 

Oh, I hadn't heard that, that would be cool. To get Mario you buy "71360 Adventures with Mario." 

2 hours ago, Kittytoot said:

Can someone clarify - so, the starter kit is a completely different thing altogether but it contains the Mario figurine that makes the NES TV give off sound effects? Is this right? 

I was delighted to find he worked with the NES.  I ordered a Mario Adventures bundle back in April before the NES was even announced (just to have one).  I never intended to 'play' with the Mario as designed (I may sell off the other pieces).  I'll keep him nearby the NES and TV and activate him once in a while.  He sure does look creepy when turned off (those black eyes).

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, sauromosis said:

If someone wants to create a listing for this and the piano I will give you a free like!

I made one for NES, but Amazon took it down.  I'm trying to get them to restore it.  If not, I'll put up a new one in a day or 2.

• Like 5