71374 - Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)

1 hour ago, spener90 said:

I was actually about to post on here, what is expected as the next big exclusive set, hoping it was the Harry Potter Diagon Alley, but this answers that question.

Speaking of the expected HP Diagon Alley

Does anyone having info as to whether the set will be minifig, or microfig scale? I've seen 4,000+ pieces, so it seems it could go either way.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I don't think you are considering the target market for a set like this.  

The same market that was for the NES mini?  That’s me. It’s neat but I’m not seeing the the same appeal you guys are.  If this comes in at $250 you’d need to flip it for $350. I don’t see it. The retro gamers are spending their cash on the actual systems and games. Just my opinion. 

Edited by Mathew
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Mathew said:

The same market that was for the NES mini?  That’s me. It’s neat but I’m not seeing the the same appeal you guys are.  If this comes in at $250 you’d need to flip it for $350. I don’t see it. The retro gamers are spending their cash on the actual systems and games. Just my opinion. 

I sent this to my retro gaming friend as soon as I saw it and he was like :maninlove:.  He's not a Lego guy, either. Just a middle class, childless collector of old RPGs and the like.  Given our forum's universally positive reaction, this is going to be an in-demand set and probably scarce AF.

1 minute ago, keymomachine said:

I sent this to my retro gaming friend as soon as I saw it and he was like :maninlove:.  He's not a Lego guy, either. Just a middle class, childless collector of old RPGs and the like.  Given our forum's universally positive reaction, this is going to be an in-demand set and probably scarce AF.

Did you tell him how much it would cost?  Most non-LEGO people **** bricks when they hear the price. 

• Like 1

I'm in the minority here. I don't see the appeal of this. Neat display piece I guess, but I'm just not feeling the same hype. I grew up in the '80s and still have my original NES hooked up and play it from time to time, so I understand the fandom. Anyone looking to spend that kind of dough on a NES Lego set would probably rather just buy a real NES that you can actually play. The reseller in me will probably buy a few just because, but I don't think I'll be loading up on these unless there is a steep discount. I think there are safer options at or below that price range to invest in. I'll enjoy watching from the sidelines. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Anyone looking to spend that kind of dough on a NES Lego set would probably rather just buy a real NES that you can actually play.

I don't think this logic makes much sense. I can see how this won't appeal to all NES fans, but I'm approaching this from a "Oh my gosh...this is such a cool thing to do with LEGO" mindset. I could buy an NES, I guess. But I have little desire to play any of those games. I don't really get why it would be one or the other, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

As for investing, I'm not going to bother. Above the price point I dabble in for that and I don't like dealing with quick flipping.

Edit: maybe this a really good set for fairweather NES fans, like me?! Is that what it is? :smile:

Edited by minicoopers11
  • Like 1