**NEW DAILY DEALS FEED**

Max Profit

11 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Can any of you confirm that you haven’t been getting email updates every 30 min when the feed gets updated? You’ll see the times are updating but I am trying not to repost it every-time causing an email to go out.

I have not been getting an email when the feed gets updated.

• Like 1

So a question I have for you for this feed is what levels do you want to see.  Right now, its set at 15%.  Should there be a simple blanket percentage off like this at a certain level (15%,20%,30%) or I can do it per set starting at 20% off, then adjust in demand sets to be at 0% and will just show up if in stock.  The problem of course is everyone will have different ideas of what is important, etc and I am not going to be playing all day adjusting 700+ sets.  Yes things are already in progress to allow you to pick your own alerts, but that's not ready yet.  Right now I am just talking about this feed and what to display to make this productive for everyone.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

I think 20% is still a good barrier,  and perhaps you can crowd source a poll of in stock interest sets that feeds that search so you don't have to manually intervene?

Also,,,,, THANK YOU!

Charge $20 a month to have access as well. Others can down-vote all you want, but this is a time saver and I would pay for exclusive rights on how to do this myself.  (This is a compliment)

Also, 21%, 20% is fairly standard. 

Edited by LegoMan1212
  • Like 8

The visual piece of this is excellent. I can memorize some set numbers or descriptions, but it's much easier to gauge my interest in purchasing by seeing what the set is. Thank you very much for putting this together and showing multiple stores in one place.

I do worry that this will become too useful for the masses and those moles that come here for info to post elsewhere for the brownie points they earn.

I'm not going to request any changes as I think this will work very well as-is, however if you are looking for input:

•  20% off is pretty common place now and may make this a bit busy for small sets. Maybe only show small discounts for sets over $125/150, like those that rarely go on sale?

Thank you for putting this together!

57 minutes ago, LegoMan1212 said:

Charge $20 a month to have access as well. Others can down-vote all you want, but this is a time saver and I would pay for exclusive rights on how to do this myself.  (This is a compliment)

21% is a good threshold.  Walmart tends to put new sets on sale for 20% off right out of the gate.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

So a question I have for you for this feed is what levels do you want to see.  Right now, its set at 15%.  Should there be a simple blanket percentage off like this at a certain level (15%,20%,30%) or I can do it per set starting at 20% off, then adjust in demand sets to be at 0% and will just show up if in stock.  The problem of course is everyone will have different ideas of what is important, etc and I am not going to be playing all day adjusting 700+ sets.  Yes things are already in progress to allow you to pick your own alerts, but that's not ready yet.  Right now I am just talking about this feed and what to display to make this productive for everyone.

How about a separate page where 'in-demand' sets sit? This way it doesn't clog the Daily Deals thread for people making any mentiosn of them or requests for new in demand sets. - also keeps this thread focused on the 'deals' so to say.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LegoMan1212 said:

1 minute ago, yukmeez said:

How about a separate page where 'in-demand' sets sit? This way it doesn't clog the Daily Deals thread for people making any mentiosn of them or requests for new in demand sets. - also keeps this thread focused on the 'deals' so to say.

I just need a bit more time on something I am working on.   These updates are from those efforts and just wanted to start getting it out here. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Mack said:

Thank you so much for this! I prefer the 20% but understand the 21%*ahem* .

*Patiently waits for personal alerts option* 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

By the way, I know some of you have requested Macys, this is what I see online, maybe like 15 sets?  Do we really want Macys?
https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/lego

I was going by last years purchase...it was 10 times better than BN because higher quantity limits

11 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

By the way, I know some of you have requested Macys, this is what I see online, maybe like 15 sets?  Do we really want Macys?
https://www.macys.com/shop/featured/lego

Macy's is an underrated site. perhaps we can keep it that way...

All kidding aside - they had a ton more sets just a few weeks ago, with some good price  drops. Apologize if I didn't leave anything on the shelf.. they have some strange restocking times/patterns i.e. stock coming in and out, including retired sets from 2019. 

Some of my recent buys from a few weeks ago included: 41359, 75196, 60223, 76133

If/when they restock, may be a good one to add - unless your script can recognize/pull when they add more sets (before they are bought out).

Edited by yukmeez

Minor (I hope) formatting suggestion: Start with the LEGO number instead of set name, then limit the length of the title.  This will cut off the set name, but will keep the titles to 1 line per box.  Since we already have a picture of each set, the completeness of name is less important 

So, instead of:

Buzz Bo Peeps Playground
Adventure: 10768

Display this:

10768: Buzz Bo Peeps Playg

• Like 7