Site Update 2020

9 hours ago, vam1256 said:

Any way to set up a Temporary link or login just to get an export file of our data?  Realize a big redesign takes time, but just getting the basic data files would be great soon. Thanks.  

Is there an expected date when the Brickfolio will be back? Thank's again for your effort!

10 hours ago, waterytowers said:

Just noticed the site update banner at the top of the screen.  Great to see everything is getting a refresh, look forward to seeing the next release.  Amazon have great support, I work in CICD and development with data platforms running on AWS.  So many tools and capabilities but importantly they are always trying to help you improve on your existing solutions.  We get annual architecture reviews and regular tech updates from our TAM. 

Keep up the great work :)

I would love to use AWS, we just did a major migration there for my job and love using it.  It is just costly.  To set it up there the way I would want to do it would easily be 2-3x the cost.

9 hours ago, vam1256 said:

Any way to set up a Temporary link or login just to get an export file of our data?  Realize a big redesign takes time, but just getting the basic data files would be great soon. Thanks.  

There is no temporary link to give at the moment, all of the work is on my local development setup.

3 minutes ago, eyebrow40 said:

Is there an expected date when the Brickfolio will be back? Thank's again for your effort!

I honestly can't give a date at the moment.  I am working on it as much as I can.  This global issue we are having has my normal job in overdrive.  There just hasn't been much time during the week to do extensive work.  Most of my time on the development has been on the weekends.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, vam1256 said:

Agreed on this. I'd love to sell some sets but have no idea how much I paid for them! I get the whole "backing things up" but also never imagined we wouldn't have access for six weeks or more. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

Agreed on this. I'd love to sell some sets but have no idea how much I paid for them! I get the whole "backing things up" but also never imagined we wouldn't have access for six weeks or more. 

Unless these were in store purchases at an off clearance time, you can probably find an email receipt with a price or a price in your order history.  If they were clearance store purchases, then you can probably find the going rates here. 

• Like 1

On 4/8/2020 at 6:26 AM, vam1256 said:

would be very important. I asked the administrators privately but had no answer.

• Like 2

Hello I am writing to you from Italy, as you will know here the economic situation is becoming dramatic and many are losing their jobs, me too. Because of this problem, I have to sell many LEGO from my collection. My entire collection was Brickfolio registered and I don't have a copy. I recorded over 800 sets. I ask you if it is possible to have an exel file where I can see the purchase price of my LEGO to be able to resell. You would do me a great favor.I need your help. I don't know what to do and I'm in trouble.The simple file by email is also fine.

Thanks a lot.

• Like 2

On 4/9/2020 at 9:47 PM, Vincemarche said:

Hello I am writing to you from Italy, as you will know here the economic situation is becoming dramatic and many are losing their jobs, me too. Because of this problem, I have to sell many LEGO from my collection. My entire collection was Brickfolio registered and I don't have a copy. I recorded over 800 sets. I ask you if it is possible to have an exel file where I can see the purchase price of my LEGO to be able to resell. You would do me a great favor.I need your help. I don't know what to do and I'm in trouble.The simple file by email is also fine.

Thanks a lot.

Hi ... but really no administrator can help me by sending me a simple file?

On 4/12/2020 at 7:32 PM, Vincemarche said:

Even in small things we can see people's sensitivity when there are difficult times. In this community there are people with great hearts and altruism. Administrators are good people. Thank you all for your help. THANK YOU!!!!

I will pay the admins for a copy of my file.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2020 at 9:47 PM, Vincemarche said:

Thanks a lot.

You can contact me, maybe we can work something out.

On 3/3/2020 at 6:51 AM, Jeff Mack said:

I wanted to create a new thread in order to give progress on my site updates.  I want explain a bit on what happened and what I am doing.  

What happened with the site?
Honestly nothing really exciting or dramatic, overall in the end, I did not want to support the host I was with for the past four years after not really offering too much help with managed servers.  They would spend 30 seconds looking, say they can ping the server so its up and then just say, "hey not my problem". I was on aging hardware, paying the same amount of money, so I took the opportunity to move to a new host with better/faster hardware and a staff that does help to support you when run into an issue that you can't handle on your own.  I have been doing this a long time and pretty good monitoring and handling 99% of what comes my way, but there are issues that you need the next level up to help figure out what to do.  I wasn't getting anything like that, but paying for it.  Not anymore.

What my goal is...
I know more than anyone that the site needed some TLC. It's been a while since I have done any drastic updates, the site looked tired and I know the site can be so much better than what it's current state was.  LEGO investing has changed since Ed and I launched the site and it's time to remove the dead content and bring more of what people are looking for.  Below is the short term list of items planned for updating.  I have been working on the nightly, just like the early days and enjoying seeing parts of it coming to life.

• Fix the login. This has been messed up and quirky for a while. This has been resolved and working well. It's a simple thing overall, but nice that it actually works how it's supposed to
  • Overall price guide site design update.  The site was tired and disjointed.  I hated it and pained me to look at it.  Time to start over. 
  • Brickfolio update. All the Brickfolio data is safe.  I have close to three million rows of data for Brickfolio entries.  Time to bring this thing to 2020. I will probably create another thread at some point to solicit some feedback on some new requests for the brickfolio
  • Fix the data syncing with Brickset.  A lot of people used this feature, but it's time to make it work the way it should.
  • Later I will work on the content portions.  The news and blogs.  I have some good ideas for this, but want to get the price guide and brickfolio to you sooner than later.

What I am asking for if possible...
If you can, please stop asking where the brickfolio is.  Again, the data is safe and I am working as fast as I can to bring it all back to you.  It won't be a few days, but more like a few weeks, but it will be worth it.   I setup my dev environment to push releases quick and easy.  I want to create a true changelog so that you can follow updates to see what was done/fixed/new/removed, you know like what real software companies do.

I really do appreciate your patience with this.  It wasn't planned, but if there was going to be a time to do it, it was going to be now.

Thank you for all the heard work, Jeff!

Edited by Diego2565
Mispelt "heard" work... Sorry, I meant hard work. Thanks again!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It would be nice if everyone actually read Jeff’s post above. But for those didn’t/won’t/can’t:

1. The data is coming...this site is something he does on the side...and RL has made his real job super busy, meaning he doesn’t have the time.

2. Stop asking about it. It’s more work on him to go through and find just one person’s data (or five or twelve people’s). The site will be up, when it’s done and ready.

Also:

If this site is your only documentation for insurance, it’s possible that your collection may not be covered (I have a specific rider for my legos, and 40k stuff because the replacement cost would be ridiculous). I also have a spreadsheet backup (listing the sets, their status, and original retail) with photos of every set and mini fig.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, [email protected] said:

My entire collection was stolen and for insurance purposes I need to know the values.  Is there any way to get the old information?  Anything would be helpful.  Thank you

You are the 4th person that has written to tell me they need it because of a stolen collection.   How does this stuff keep happening to LEGO resellers?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

I'm saddened for those who desperately need the money/sell, and for the many resellers who have had their collections stolen.  I'm grateful to the site owner and administrator for the free, high quality service. I guess that sounds a bit like "Sorry about your bad luck, but I'm alright"

Edited by Dbldwn

You are the 4th person that has written to tell me they need it because of a stolen collection.   How does this stuff keep happening to LEGO resellers?
My one year old drew on my copy, but at least he added a one and two zeroes to the total value :)

21 hours ago, Jeff Mack said:

My dog ate my only paper copy of my spreadsheet and my hard-drive just crashed. and my wife and dog left me! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1