Site Update 2020

May I suggest that you stick this thread to the top? As of now it seems that it will just go under every time there is a new thread - thus not really helping you with "stop asking where the brickfolio is".

aahh.. now I see. you have that blue line at the top of the screen..

Edited by crayxlp

Offering some help if you need it. I'm a SVP software development scrum leader at a fortune 10 company. If you need any help with unit, validation, regression or user testing, just let me know. 

I really appreciate what you are doing and keep up the great work! 

-Chris 

• Like 2

Thanks Jeff, I have been using and tracking my collection for several years on this website and had no idea that only a couple people were behind everything. At least I know I’ve got quite a bit of data entry once you are up and running again. Regards 

Thanks for everything you do to make this website available to users.  I've already seen much greater consistency and stability.  Looking forward to seeing your final results, but again, thanks for making the efforts.

Seriously, how many users are registered for this site? Seeing how many have come to post during this downtime shows how many silent users are finding this beyond useful, not just the common forum contributors. $1/year....$1/mo....it's more valuable than most things we use and/or pay for. I do realize though, it would add pressure in times like these, as you could currently say, "this is a free service, we owe you nothing." I know it's not a new topic as there's been threads 6-7 years back mentioning the idea. Would be justifiable compensation for all the hard work.

I'd Buy That Dollar Tshirt

20 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Seriously, how many users are registered for this site? Seeing how many have come to post during this downtime shows how many silent users are finding this beyond useful, not just the common forum contributors. $1/year....$1/mo....it's more valuable than most things we use and/or pay for. I do realize though, it would add pressure in times like these, as you could currently say, "this is a free service, we owe you nothing." I know it's not a new topic as there's been threads 6-7 years back mentioning the idea. Would be justifiable compensation for all the hard work.

I'd pay just to have a better covid discussion and have the Lego stuff as a throw in :-)

• Like 3

I would not mind contributing something like 10-20 dollars a year. What about giving the members that support that website something extra like "brickpicker supporter" badge or something? This shows who is contributing and stimulates other people to do so as well. For all I care, you run it as a non-profit and give all the profits to that primary school that needs money. Then you still owe us nothing, but you're not the only one carrying the costs.

21 hours ago, Legojona said:

I would not mind contributing something like 10-20 dollars a year. What about giving the members that support that website something extra like "brickpicker supporter" badge or something? This shows who is contributing and stimulates other people to do so as well. For all I care, you run it as a non-profit and give all the profits to that primary school that needs money. Then you still owe us nothing, but you're not the only one carrying the costs.

I'd be happy to contribute!

I agree, and would be happy to contribute. I realize that things are tough for a lot folks out there in the world at the moment, but I would hazard a guess that most of us could conjure up a few dollars to help support you and the site. 

I hope everyone is washing their hands and staying as healthy as possible...with lots of sets to build.

Just noticed the site update banner at the top of the screen.  Great to see everything is getting a refresh, look forward to seeing the next release.  Amazon have great support, I work in CICD and development with data platforms running on AWS.  So many tools and capabilities but importantly they are always trying to help you improve on your existing solutions.  We get annual archtiecture reviews and regular tech updates from our TAM. 

Keep up the great work :)