2020 BRICKPICKER LEGO Raffle to Keep St. Paul School Strong!

Ed Mack

7 hours ago, BrickU said:

Lets Bump this up!  Thanks Ed & Jeff for all you do year after year!!

Thanks.  I will have more info in a couple of days as to when it will go off.  Things are just starting to improve in the US.  I might want to push it back one more time.  Just sucks really.

3 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Thanks.  I will have more info in a couple of days as to when it will go off.  Things are just starting to improve in the US.  I might want to push it back one more time.  Just sucks really.

Don't push the deadline. I know you are worried about the small amount of donations so far but just relax. Everybody tends to donate towards the end so by pushing it farther and farther back more people are forgetting about it and not donating. If you keep pushing the deadline back then everyone that donates at the end will wait even longer. It's a lose-lose. Take a breath and realize that the Brickpicker community is giving all they can and pushing the deadline won't change that. Besides you can always hold another raffle in December, when you stock up on Black Friday deals. :) 

• Like 1

Once again I am humbled by some of the recent donations.  Jeff will put out a blast the next few days to promote the final week or two of the raffle.  It has been such a difficult year for us all, but the school has been really hurt with no ability to do the usual fundraising because of that mofo virus.  It's great to see that LEGO bricks have helped many pass the time and keep their brains sharp.  Thanks again!

• Like 2

So emails are going out to remind people about this year's raffle.  The final drawing date and time will be Friday, May 15 2020 at 11:59 PM for ticket sales.  I hear that our state will start loosening things up at that time, so I am going with it and will hope for the best!

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, belljohn said:

Happy to push the raffle over $10,000.  I think this bodes well for the end game this year.  Remember to share some of the outsized Lego profits pouring these last few weeks.

$10.2k now

Looking to go back to back years on this.  :)  

Awesome cause and best of luck everyone!

6 hours ago, LegoMan1212 said:

$10.2k now

Looking to go back to back years on this.  :)  

Awesome cause and best of luck everyone!

Sorry I have not been active lately. We are in the middle of selling our house during a pandemic and I have been somewhat busy. What a pain. Anyway, I have been tracking the raffle and I am very happy to see that its above $10,000.00.  The school will need all it can get this year.  We are closed like the rest of schools and all of our fundraising depends social contact besides the LEGO raffle.  This is a very bad time for not only St. Paul, but many schools and families.  What I can promise you is that the prizes are really good and as you know, I always throw in some bonus stuff.  I still have quite a bit left and it has to go!  Thanks...Ed

On 4/25/2020 at 1:01 PM, Randyipp said:

Just a heads up, I did not get an email on the raffle this year.  It randomly came to me to check and saw it yesterday!

There are more issues than ever with spam and old emails.  Jeff will send one more out before the end of the week.  If too many emails come back vacant/spam, the email service locks it.  

14 minutes ago, kouks said:

Hi Ed,

Just to confirm, for us Canucks we can't buy tickets for the St. Paul Mystery Lot and the Brickpicker Reseller special as they can't ship to Canada correct?

Thanks!

Hi.  It really depends on where you are.  These are huge boxes, which will probably cost me hundreds to ship.  If you are very close to US border and have access to UPS, then I would do it.  

39 minutes ago, eightcoins said:

I am sorry if this is the wrong thread for asking this. (and also sorry if this is a double post, its hard to tell if something you wrote got in the que or not)

But are Paypal and Credit Card the only way of donating?

Paypal would have to go thru me.  I would have to get paid thru Paypal and then I would purchase your tickets.  Credit card is easiest and secure.

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Hi.  It really depends on where you are.  These are huge boxes, which will probably cost me hundreds to ship.  If you are very close to US border and have access to UPS, then I would do it.  

Paypal would have to go thru me.  I would have to get paid thru Paypal and then I would purchase your tickets.  Credit card is easiest and secure.

Thanks Ed.  I'm in the Greater Toronto Area in southern Ontario so not too far from the border.   UPS does ship to my area.   I'll get some tickets for other prize lots, but those two just seem so good!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kouks said:

Thanks Ed.  I'm in the Greater Toronto Area in southern Ontario so not too far from the border.   UPS does ship to my area.   I'll get some tickets for other prize lots, but those two just seem so good!

They are great prizes.  I can't lift them.