Ideas #032: 21324 - 123 Sesame Street

Alpinemaps

• Darth_Raichu changed the title to Ideas #032: 21324 - 123 Sesame Street

When a company dabbles in nostalgic subject matter there will undoubtedly be some feedback.  Like Grover over Elmo all day, And like to see some fur printing on Cookie. Sets ok, The ideas submission was modeled after a toy some of us had but this works to get the essence across. and as mentioned 18+ is off and black box... meh.  I'm not loading up much on Ideas sets until more is known about LEGO's intentions on rerelease anyway. 

Feels like a lot of new molds were created for the minifigs. I thought no new molds for ideas sets?

Lego sure does likes to set their own rules, just to break them in the future. 

I would add to the sentiment, it definitely should have been a modular. Will be picking up on discount for the figs. Easily would have been a day 1 purchase had it been modular. 

4 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

Feels like a lot of new molds were created for the minifigs. I thought no new molds for ideas sets?

Lego sure does likes to set their own rules, just to break them in the future. 

Hmm, possible future CMF series?  Just like The Simpsons before, why make new molds just to be used for 1 set?

• Like 4

18+ is actually the only way to market this, I think. Too many parent would buy this for their 4-6 year old kids and complain about how it is too difficult to build. Older kids don’t care, so that leaves the nostalgia crowd 18+.

It will be interesting to see if we get a 4+ series down the road for kids and that’s why they’ve kept the molds.

1 minute ago, Mark Twain said:

18+ is actually the only way to market this, I think. Too many parent would buy this for their 4-6 year old kids and complain about how it is too difficult to build. Older kids don’t care, so that leaves the nostalgia crowd 18+.

It will be interesting to see if we get a 4+ series down the road for kids and that’s why they’ve kept the molds.

I get what you're saying, but then why scale it way down from what it was? That's the annoyance for me, personally. 

1 hour ago, BricksBrotha said:

I would add to the sentiment, it definitely should have been a modular. Will be picking up on discount for the figs. Easily would have been a day 1 purchase had it been modular. 

Looks like two sets would be enough to make a modular. I'll take a shot at it once it goes on sale. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Hmm, possible future CMF series?  Just like The Simpsons before, why make new molds just to be used for 1 set?

Now that would be pretty sweet! Like people said above, the Count would be a must!

25 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Looks like two sets would be enough to make a modular. I'll take a shot at it once it goes on sale. 

That's a great point, could sell off the 2nd set of figs to help offset the cost.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo