Ideas #032: 21324 - 123 Sesame Street

Alpinemaps

• Darth_Raichu changed the title to Ideas #032: 21324 - 123 Sesame Street
28 minutes ago, TheOrcKing said:

Right in the nostalgia. A very colorful and decently sized build with a good selection of characters. I realize the "18+" is for build complexity or whatnot. However it makes me think who's the special quest on the show this time? Dave Chappelle?

I think it's going to be a popular set...anyone who saw this with no expectations would love it...obviously for us here who expected Ghostbusters Firehouse..were disappointed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think it's going to be a popular set...anyone who saw this with no expectations would love it...obviously for us here who expected Ghostbusters Firehouse..were disappointed.

I agree, it will be received well by the general public. good price point, good subject matter, good product.

wow...I learn the darnest things on this forum..about "LEGO reselling"

I went down the rabbit hole one night a few years ago. Kermit and Grover (and especially their interactions) were my favorite as a kid. When my daughter started watching, I looked into why Kermit rarely showed up in modern episodes.

If I remember right, they can use Kermit in a limited capacity - the occasional reused skit/clip from years ago. But they can’t do anything new with him. I’m pretty sure that was the result of Disney buying “The Muppets” which is specially Kermit, Fozzy, etc from the Muppet Show and beyond.

The while Disney misusing the Muppets and not being able to do something with them is a whole other topic....
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

I went down the rabbit hole one night a few years ago. Kermit and Grover (and especially their interactions) were my favorite as a kid. When my daughter started watching, I looked into why Kermit rarely showed up in modern episodes.

If I remember right, they can use Kermit in a limited capacity - the occasional reused skit/clip from years ago. But they can’t do anything new with him. I’m pretty sure that was the result of Disney buying “The Muppets” which is specially Kermit, Fozzy, etc from the Muppet Show and beyond.

The while Disney misusing the Muppets and not being able to do something with them is a whole other topic....

*cough* Star Wars

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Muppet Show CMFs would be a great start. 

The old show and first couple movies were sooooo good. It's not surprising they can't make anything decent with them now. A show/movie with puppets that works well for kids and adults takes some genius talent. Henson was one in a billion. 

In the 70s Henson was happy to work with sesame Street. Now Disney wants megabucks to allow Kermit a cameo. Evil Empire. 

• Like 2

Anyone made a comment about the two 1x1 bricks with holes for Technic pins down the one side of Hooper's? They are not in the correct spots for the modular house standard style of connection. Although I believe I saw the piece (color & type) used in a couple other spots of the build meaning their usage could be a matter of simplifying production, that specific sort of construction leads me to think this is but the first of the street to be released. I assume the other half of Hooper's followed by whatever was down the alley.

• Like 4

Anyone made a comment about the two 1x1 bricks with holes for Technic pins down the one side of Hooper's? They are not in the correct spots for the modular house standard style of connection. Although I believe I saw the piece (color & type) used in a couple other spots of the build meaning their usage could be a matter of simplifying production, that specific sort of construction leads me to think this is but the first of the street to be released. I assume the other half of Hooper's followed by whatever was down the alley.

Interesting. Hadn’t noticed that until you said it.

The laundry mat and repair shop are to the left of Mr Hooper’s shop. (And yes, I watched when Mr Hooper was still alive)
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, TheOrcKing said:

As someone else said, I hadn't noticed either, nice catch.  They look similar to some of the connections on the Harry Potter Hogwarts sets but they do not appear to be at the same height as the HP sets.  Makes you wonder what else is coming.

Just an observation after watching the above review.  There are pictures for every major missing character inside the build.  Including a living space for the count.  Why include a space for the count but not the count himself?  I really wonder if LEGO is planning a minifigure series to compliment this set.  They could do a grover and a super grover, count, guy smiley, a Mr. Hooper, and a bunch more characters that are pictured in this set.

And that side with the open pins really does look odd when you're looking at the brownstone straight on.  I really do wonder if there will be an expansion or if they just left it for kids to add onto themselves.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Just an observation after watching the above review.  There are pictures for every major missing character inside the build.  Including a living space for the count.  Why include a space for the count but not the count himself?  I really wonder if LEGO is planning a minifigure series to compliment this set.  They could do a grover and a super grover, count, guy smiley, a Mr. Hooper, and a bunch more characters that are pictured in this set.

And that side with the open pins really does look odd when you're looking at the brownstone straight on.  I really do wonder if there will be an expansion or if they just left it for kids to add onto themselves.

Interesting theory.  It took over a year for the set to go from approved to market.  So maybe they spent some time working on minifigs, too.

I'd buy the heck out of Super Grover.  And Count.  You could even do a "Bathtub" Ernie and a Pigeon Handling Bert.

• Like 1

I periodically search google news tab for "Lego" and right now its chock full of news about this set.  If it gets some alternative news visibility it might draw in some extra demand.  I can't imagine anything in this set a 12 year old (or younger) couldn't build... but again I'm not sure if the audience is truly for those that grew up with it vs. those that watch it now.  My daughter is 7 and she's a bit old for the show now.  She shrugged her shoulders at the set.  Kind of a "hmm" reaction.  I also just want the minifigures but the overall set, idk.  I was collecting Ideas sets but now there's either top many or they're too expensive (Grand Piano).