Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

5 minutes ago, waddamon said:

I bought zero lego other than a bat mobile. These stupid midnight start times and immediate wiping out of inventory aren't for me, I guess i don't care enough, or am too old for getting up at midnight to be cancelled.  The ucs falcon deal was a joke.

I got booty calls at 3am this weekend, but it was mostly due to what I ate the night before.

3 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I hear ya. Need a late night booty call to take advantage of these deals.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

I don't post this to poop in anyone's Cheerios, I am glad there's lot of happy folks buying up a lot of these deals. But I am having a hard time really feeling most of this year's deal sets, even at 50% off.

Maybe it's just kind of a bad year in general for some of this stuff, but very few of these deals have really excited me over the last few days. I mean, I know that most of these sales are to blow out stuff the retailers don't want anyway, and we've seen how Target is changing how they handle their Clearance items.

But, just looking at the stuff I bought last year during these Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, there were a lot of already winners (with a couple turds thrown in). This year, it seems to be a huge pile over mostly overhoarded turds, stuff like Lego Movie 2, Arctic Theme, Friends Racing Theme, Jurassic World and SOLO Movie crap with low demand and high stockpile rates. Many of these sets already have 100+ sellers on Amazon BEFORE these sales.

As example winners from last year - we got winners like Corvus Glaive, Bus Station, Samurai X vs Killow, Nether Railway- etc.

Maybe it was just a relatively weak year in general because of a large amount of weak themes and sets, but - with the exception of the Target Ferrari Garage/Capitol Building, I've had a hard time getting really excited about most any of these sets - Very few obvious long term winners.

And Shop@Home running out of Promos semi instantly has hurt my buzz on even most of those deals at 20/30% off. The extra thrown in set or two makes a big difference.

Seems like a great year on deals for actual builders and shoppers, not such a great season for collectors/sellers. Hopefully I am proven wrong for all of our sake(s)?. ;)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Achilles said:

I don't post this to poop in anyone's Cheerios, I am glad there's lot of happy folks buying up a lot of these deals. But I am having a hard time really feeling most of this year's deal sets, even at 50% off.

Maybe it's just kind of a bad year in general for some of this stuff, but very few of these deals have really excited me over the last few days. I mean, I know that most of these sales are to blow out stuff the retailers don't want anyway, and we've seen how Target is changing how they handle their Clearance items.

But, just looking at the stuff I bought last year during these Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals, there were a lot of already winners (with a couple turds thrown in). This year, it seems to be a huge pile over mostly overhoarded turds, stuff like Lego Movie 2, Arctic Theme, Friends Racing Theme, Jurassic World and SOLO Movie crap with low demand and high stockpile rates. Many of these sets already have 100+ sellers on Amazon BEFORE these sales.

As example winners from last year - we got winners like Corvus Glaive, Bus Station, Samurai X vs Killow, Nether Railway- etc.

Maybe it was just a relatively weak year in general because of a large amount of weak themes and sets, but - with the exception of the Target Ferrari Garage/Capitol Building, I've had a hard time getting really excited about most any of these sets - Very few obvious long term winners.

And Shop@Home running out of Promos semi instantly has hurt my buzz on even most of those deals at 20/30% off. The extra thrown in set or two makes a big difference.

Seems like a great year on deals for actual builders and shoppers, not such a great season for collectors/sellers. Hopefully I am proven wrong for all of our sake(s)?. ;)

Damn, you are a buzz kill.  If you can't make money on basically 60% off, not sure what to say.  Even if its a mix for builders, sellers, etc, overall i think it's been a pretty darn good year.  I don't want this to become some 50 page debate, if so, create another thread and post it there so we can concentrate on the time we have left for deals.

• Like 2

Just now, Jeff Mack said:

Damn, you are a buzz kill.  If you can't make money on basically 60% off, not sure what to say.  Even if its a mix for builders, sellers, etc, overall i think it's been a pretty darn good year.  I don't want this to become some 50 page debate, if so, create another thread and post it there so we can concentrate on the time we have left for deals.

lol,  you're not wrong. Just venting some of my frustration. I wish there more "GOTTA HAVE EM" sets, I just feel there's a lack of those.

And when i see 160 sellers on Queen Whatevra's Palace, it just makes me laugh. ;) But I'll delete my original post. Can wipe out this one and your reply. Not trying to be a buzz kill.

6 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Glad I stayed away from the stinkers you mentioned, but there are a few decent sets in the mix.

2 minutes ago, Achilles said:

lol,  you're not wrong. Just venting some of my frustration. I wish there more "GOTTA HAVE EM" sets, I just feel there's a lack of those.

And when i see 160 sellers on Queen Whatevra's Palace, it just makes me laugh. ;) But I'll delete my original post. Can wipe out this one and your reply. Not trying to be a buzz kill.

No it's all good. I understand what you are saying.  But in prior years, man it really was bad, so at least there was some effort.  There will always be the case to clear stuff out.  But in my opinion, it's been pretty good and could have been much worse, because it has been much worse.

6 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

No it's all good. I understand what you are saying.  But in prior years, man it really was bad, so at least there was some effort.  There will always be the case to clear stuff out.  But in my opinion, it's been pretty good and could have been much worse, because it has been much worse.

Yea, we've been pretty fortunate, each year recently it seems like one theme was obvious to avoid - Off the top of my head, in 2016, it was Angry Birds, in 2017 DC Super Hero Girls, in 2018 - Unikitty/LEGO Batman Movie... 2019 seems to have more obvious weak themes (Solo, TLM2, Jurassic World, etc.). I just hope it's not a trend that will continue. 

24 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Many of these sets already have 100+ sellers on Amazon BEFORE these sales.

Looking at some of these trends gives me pause also.  There are some really good sets in these sales, but I am noticing longer hold times for inventory I purchased in past years.  I thought LEGO was gated on Amazon yet there are more and more sellers every year. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

That's what I was wondering earlier.  I thought last year (or the year prior) they kept peppering deals.  I didn't see Vaders Transformation on there earlier but then it popped in.  Maybe it was always there and I missed it.  I'm definitely hoping for another batch.

3 minutes ago, odysea11 said:

Thanks! I bought a bunch of these last BF/CM and made some good money selling by Christmas. I'm not sure if they'll be as hot as they were last year with the movie timing, but worth a shot.

• Like 1