Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

8 minutes ago, izx said:

My MILF, when she is built, will be dedicated in sincere gratitude to @BrickVoyeur -- his post alerted me about 3 min before the deal started while I had been focused on power tool deals. Thank you!

I pranked, then I delivered.The real question is how many redditors slammed their laptop shut after seeing the fake, and allowed for a slightly better chance here?

Time for a bit of cock-waving like we like to do around here

rooster.thumb.gif.e9cc7a4e7e4a9970110a9822d4d8232c.thumb.gif.2ca367a29f1b9b7867d8d075f2af84ae.gif

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

pv6l9tkf3n141.thumb.jpg.54c1ebdd4ab7fd7fad0fe15b6d949642.jpg

From reddit

3 hours ago, brickvoyeur said:

Correct, it is. I made it. Isn't Black Friday supposed to be about fun and freaking out everyone. The comments on reddit were priceless and I will cherish them forever, but the thread was deleted in the midst of the panic.

Simple as saving a webpage and changing a few values. This one goes out to Jenny:

amaz.thumb.JPG.8a44c3dd12e4753928b966b20aadc86a.JPG

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

75192 Starts at 12:50 EST. Not an edit this time. Good luck folks

75192.JPG

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

With respect to how many were available: since Amazon is probably making something at least on the sets they discount close to 50% (LM2 in recent memory), does Lego keep a higher margin on rare/exclusive/expensive things like the UCS sets? The only explanation for how few seemed to be available makes me think Amazon was using this as a loss leader. Perhaps one of the brothers Mack can chime in...

2 minutes ago, brickvoyeur said:

The real question is how many redditors slammed their laptop shut after seeing the fake, and allowed for a slightly better chance here?

:bow: Have you, sir, considered a second career as a 'dirty trickster' for political campaigns? :laugh:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Alright, lets move past the MILF debacle and discuss what's on the menu for tonight.  Only one really on my list at current 30% is going to be the Ninjago City.

I like Ninjago City the most out of the sale list but my guts tell me resort and pop-up book will have better return. There are just not many buyers out there willing to shell out >$4-500  for a Lego set anymore, unless it is truly rare or caught resellers off guard.

Edited by allen9917

4 minutes ago, allen9917 said:

I like Ninjago City the most out of the sale list but my guts tell me resort and pop-up book will have better return. There are just not many buyers out there willing to shell out >$4-500  for a Lego set anymore.  

I agree, however my average buy-in for the resort has been well under $60 so it's a tougher sell for me at $70.

Edited by NIevo

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.

It all started with a goal to spend $5,000 on Black Friday sales this year. I had most of it planned out, with a few backups in case certain items went out of stock too quickly. So I've been buying things all week, and I felt like I was doing okay with regards to my goal. Until this morning.

After staying up until 5am waiting to see if anything would happen with the Falcon, I finally called it quits and went to bed. I woke up around noon and saw that nothing had changed, so I ran out to grab breakfast. I got back home about half an hour later... and the Falcon was sold out. Apparently the Lightning Deal was announced about two minutes after I left the house, started two minutes before I got home, and sold out instantly. I was pretty bummed out, but what can you do? I can just spend that $500 on something else I guess.

That's when I made the mistake of checking my email. "Sorry, we oversold this product and had to cancel your order". Two emails from Kohl's, cancelling both of my orders from 12:01 AM Thursday morning. Total of $1,000 in products gone just like that. And it took them three days to figure out they oversold? I purchased in the first 30 seconds of the sale starting. How did this happen? To make things worse, I paid with gift cards. Yes, that's right. Before the sale I bought $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards at a pretty nice discount. So now I'm stuck with $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards. On the bright side they let me keep the ~$350 in Kohl's Cash I earned on the cancelled order. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's when I saw the other emails. Walmart, cancelled. Target, cancelled. Best Buy, cancelled. All oversold their products, apparently. I still have a LEGO order for Cloud City from last Saturday that charged my card but still says the order is processing in my account and I haven't gotten a confirmation email or anything (my other orders were already delivered on Tuesday). So I'm pretty sure that one isn't going to ship out, either.

So, about that goal of spending $5,000 this week. I did manage to spend $4,200 during the week. However, $2800 worth of orders across five retailers were either cancelled or have been pending for days. And what's worse, none of the charges have been refunded to my cards and probably won't be until Monday, which means I don't even have $1,800 of that available to spend on something else over the weekend. That leaves me with about $800 in cash and $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards to spend. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with Kohl's at the moment, but I figure I'll probably spend the rest of my cash on LEGO sets while I can. Hopefully the rest of the money will be refunded on Monday and there will be some Cyber Monday deals worth picking up.

TL:DR - Black Friday can eat me. BRING ON CYBER MONDAY!!!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Serejai said:

Now this is a story all about how my life got flipped, turned upside down.

It all started with a goal to spend $5,000 on Black Friday sales this year. I had most of it planned out, with a few backups in case certain items went out of stock too quickly. So I've been buying things all week, and I felt like I was doing okay with regards to my goal. Until this morning.

After staying up until 5am waiting to see if anything would happen with the Falcon, I finally called it quits and went to bed. I woke up around noon and saw that nothing had changed, so I ran out to grab breakfast. I got back home about half an hour later... and the Falcon was sold out. Apparently the Lightning Deal was announced about two minutes after I left the house, started two minutes before I got home, and sold out instantly. I was pretty bummed out, but what can you do? I can just spend that $500 on something else I guess.

That's when I made the mistake of checking my email. "Sorry, we oversold this product and had to cancel your order". Two emails from Kohl's, cancelling both of my orders from 12:01 AM Thursday morning. Total of $1,000 in products gone just like that. And it took them three days to figure out they oversold? I purchased in the first 30 seconds of the sale starting. How did this happen? To make things worse, I paid with gift cards. Yes, that's right. Before the sale I bought $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards at a pretty nice discount. So now I'm stuck with $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards. On the bright side they let me keep the ~$350 in Kohl's Cash I earned on the cancelled order. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's when I saw the other emails. Walmart, cancelled. Target, cancelled. Best Buy, cancelled. All oversold their products, apparently. I still have a LEGO order for Cloud City from last Saturday that charged my card but still says the order is processing in my account and I haven't gotten a confirmation email or anything (my other orders were already delivered on Tuesday). So I'm pretty sure that one isn't going to ship out, either.

So, about that goal of spending $5,000 this week. I did manage to spend $4,200 during the week. However, $2800 worth of orders across five retailers were either cancelled or have been pending for days. And what's worse, none of the charges have been refunded to my cards and probably won't be until Monday, which means I don't even have $1,800 of that available to spend on something else over the weekend. That leaves me with about $800 in cash and $1,000 in Kohl's gift cards to spend. I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with Kohl's at the moment, but I figure I'll probably spend the rest of my cash on LEGO sets while I can. Hopefully the rest of the money will be refunded on Monday and there will be some Cyber Monday deals worth picking up.

TL:DR - Black Friday can eat me. BRING ON CYBER MONDAY!!!

Black Fridays have been weak lately besides some great LEGO freebies.  Better deals come when you least expect them.