Ideas #026: 21318 - Treehouse

2 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

Am tempted to go RRP on this one because I'm worried it might go and not reappear.

It's currently Out of Stock in the Lego shop.

Decisions , decisions.

I have still hope there will be another production run for this, before it's permanently done and retired by end of this year. I'd like to get it with at least a good promo thrown in. ;) 

• Like 1

I just got one at RRP at a barnes & Nobles for curbside pickup

Most stores seems to have just 1 and it was my 2nd store (a city away) that I was able to snag one.  I called first and the lady was super nice to check stock and everything.  I have had terrible luck at B&N...so I expect the box to look like it was kicked literally to the curb...if so it's a personal build...if not, may consider easy flip for $300+

6 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

its hard in the uk at the min. i'm in same boat. loads sold out that i'm after, i got these at £140 from JL a while back and sold them all at £230.

the fact that the EU factories have been unaffected & loads still gone for ages makes me think lots aren't coming back.

probably wrong.

I'm wishing I'd bagged one at JL when they were on offer. At the time I was just waiting for a decent freebie from Lego.

16 hours ago, elmaslıefendi said:

In the EU this set is very hard to come by at a discount. I'm holding my breath for 20% off on BF, maybe stock miraculously catches up again. Not biting at RRP.

This is the price development of 21318 for online stores in The Netherlands:

image.thumb.png.d4a1c53262b36e35b2f363fbfa4bf0ee.png

On average a 10% discount (€180) was possible for many times. Apparently is has briefly hit €160 but I doubt there was much if any stock available at the price. I missed that discount, anyway.

Still if this set hits €400 in 2 years from now [it's not unlikely...] then that 10% or 20% difference doesn't really matter much, does it?

47 minutes ago, HandyHand said:

This is the price development of 21318 for online stores in The Netherlands:

image.thumb.png.d4a1c53262b36e35b2f363fbfa4bf0ee.png

Apparently is has briefly hit €160 but I doubt there was much if any stock available at the price. I missed that discount, anyway.

160€ was no problem at all in Germany. Every 3-4 weeks there is a 40€of200€ purchase coupon on Galeria. I just missed it & low stock surprised me out of no where. I have 1 built in my personal collection though.

On 5/19/2020 at 2:13 PM, joneyyy1981 said:

its hard in the uk at the min. i'm in same boat. loads sold out that i'm after, i got these at £140 from JL a while back and sold them all at £230.

the fact that the EU factories have been unaffected & loads still gone for ages makes me think lots aren't coming back.

probably wrong.

Sold out again at John Lewis - they had 86 in stock the other day!

On 5/19/2020 at 7:45 PM, elmaslıefendi said:

In the EU this set is very hard to come by at a discount. I'm holding my breath for 20% off on BF, maybe stock miraculously catches up again. Not biting at RRP.

problem is in this climate, we getting no discounts on the larger stuff. will be the same at christmas, black friday will be terrible this year for lego.

uk wise will be either buy at RRP or take the year off.

if the major stuff is not in by christmas i can only imagine what some sets will be selling for.

Edited by joneyyy1981

• 3 weeks later...

Received mine today from Lego SAH. Ordered Monday morning, IL to SC. Not bad shipping time. Info sticker on front, seal codes 17S0. Hot Rod freebie packed neatly in box with it, both in near perfect condition, at least to my standards. This is for personal collection, so not worried about the box, but still nice to get a good looking one.