75227 - Darth Vader Bust

lazuli16

not sure since these are available at celebration and not 1 exclusive element in the set (from what i can see in the instructions.

one interesting thing though.  target's pic of the box has the company  logo  on the left box side while the celebration boxes don't have it.  maybe it's a sticker, RFID ant-theft,  printed, maybe it's a target.com pic error, or just nothing.  who knows.

click on image below to see larger picture.

GUEST_e8247aa4-4bc2-47c5-9c56-da1788bec5

24 minutes ago, Pebble&Park said:

Given the low stock, where's the ending price for this one? Brickheadz were up for quite a while and went to 5x, is this a $200 set?

13 minutes ago, jaisonline said:
not sure since these are available at celebration and not 1 exclusibve element in the set (from what i can see in the instructions.
one interesting thing though.  target's pic of the box has the company  logo  on the left box side while the celebration boxes don't have it.  maybe it's a sticker, RFID ant-theft,  printed, maybe it's a target.com pic error, or just nothing.  who knows.
GUEST_e8247aa4-4bc2-47c5-9c56-da1788bec5da?wid=1400&fmt=webp

The ones that are listed on Ebay as "in hand" from the celebration have pictures of the target logo on the side.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, jaisonline said:
not sure since these are available at celebration and not 1 exclusive element in the set (from what i can see in the instructions.
GUEST_e8247aa4-4bc2-47c5-9c56-da1788bec5da?wid=1400&fmt=webp

Also, according to this article there are 2 unique pieces in the set.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/04/lego-star-wars-75227-darth-vader-bust-instructions/

good catch.  i meant exclusive  pieces like that might be never used again in a future set like printed plates.  however, that superman sdcc set's green car roof  still hasn't been in another set.

13 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Also, according to this article there are 2 unique pieces in the set.

https://www.brothers-brick.com/2019/04/04/lego-star-wars-75227-darth-vader-bust-instructions/

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Lol just my luck.  They have these available just about the only time I could not order: during my dentist appointment :mad: 

HA, same. Ive been in meetings all morning. Saw the post about April 15th and was like "cool, i can wait"

NOPE, oh well. I think its an okay miss for me, Ive really been narrowing my collecting focus.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 2

How long before Target releases the next wave? If they do it the smart way, they will do it the same day they ship the current orders out. Maximize their sales, and ride the hype train.

I find it hard to believe that there would be a one run batch, available at retail, of a main theme. Brickheadz was a dead line circling the drain. Star Wars may be dead of new ideas, but the line certainly is still running strong.

Yes, spiraling down for now... But, if these are truly done and out of stock, that means that they sold out in one hour from Target. TLM2 brickheadz lasted about 7 hours at Target if I remember correctly. Which should mean that if these are truly out of stock that the supply was much less than the Brickheadz. And I would think that there are a lot more people out there who want SW stuff more than TLM2 stuff. Prices could skyrocket on this thing if all of the above is true.

Or, Target could have messed up and made these available today when they weren't supposed to be available until after the celebration on the 15th and once they realized their mistake they stopped taking orders for it and will open it back up on the 15th...

Since I got my order for 4 in I am hoping for the former, but I guess we will see haha

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Yes, spiraling down for now... But, if these are truly done and out of stock, that means that they sold out in one hour from Target. TLM2 brickheadz lasted about 7 hours at Target if I remember correctly. Which should mean that if these are truly out of stock that the supply was much less than the Brickheadz. And I would think that there are a lot more people out there who want SW stuff more than TLM2 stuff. Prices could skyrocket on this thing if all of the above is true.

Or, Target could have messed up and made these available today when they weren't supposed to be available until after the celebration on the 15th and once they realized their mistake they stopped taking orders for it and will open it back up on the 15th...

Since I got my order for 4 in I am hoping for the former, but I guess we will see haha

Only difference I see is that the Brickheadz said SOLD OUT.  These are showing Temporarily Out of Stock.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75227 - Darth Vader Bust