75227 - Darth Vader Bust

lazuli16

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I would expect the 3rd party market to start having some legs 

There were 500+ eBay listings following initial wave.  Hanging in low 300's now.  Still needs time in cellar.  Ready to drink in 2020.

47 minutes ago, carini26 said:

There were 500+ eBay listings following initial wave.  Hanging in low 300's now.  Still needs time in cellar.  Ready to drink in 2020.

may not be that long of a hold (depending on goals ofcourse)...the BHz exclusives hit their ceiling just weeks into it (and VAder is way more popular than LEGO Movie). Most would be on the fence to go all in on a set where still available retail...but now that Target is done and LEgo's recent confirmation on exclusives...the race to the top starts now (IMO).

Most of the sellers are likely not high volume...if 300 sellers represent maybe 2000-5000 units...that supply could dwindle pretty fast....the vader bust would be the crown jewel for anyone collecting the anniversary sets...and let's keep in mind that we're talking about a worldwide demand...Asia alone can swallow up the lions share of the supply.

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Set of all 4 LEGO Movie 2 Brickheadz...

$233 shipped to Boston for a European Flight Crew member...

Fyi Don't think we've even seen the ceiling yet for these.

I think these will be premium gifts for Christmas for the Lego, Star Wars, Darth Vader fans...and since these are not toys..the target is an adult fan, which allows for a higher ceiling from all the cool wives and girlfriends looking to get their guy something rare and not seen on store shelves.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So are people just bailing early? Or is there a reason I can keep picking these up on the aftermarket for below retail price?

They keep getting listed. They keep arriving in fine shape. Not being dropshipped.

With the current 13% back in eBay bucks... sure, I'll take more of them below RRP.

So are people just bailing early? Or is there a reason I can keep picking these up on the aftermarket for below retail price?

They keep getting listed. They keep arriving in fine shape. Not being dropshipped.

With the current 13% back in eBay bucks... sure, I'll take more of them below RRP.

Looks like you got the only one under retail at least on eBay ($29.99 plus $9.99) in a long while. These are about to take off!! Good score. People who want one and don't have one now, will be mad at themselves for not grabbing one at $70.

39 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Looks like you got the only one under retail at least on eBay ($29.99 plus $9.99) in a long while. These are about to take off!! Good score. People who want one and don't have one now, will be mad at themselves for not grabbing one at $70.

Across Offer Up, Letgo, Facebook/Craigslist, Mercari, and eBay I have picked up 18 for under RRP since they sold out. 3 on Craigslist this week from 2 sellers. Just curious if someone heard something about a remake or second release. I couldn't find anything when searching myself, so I was curious if the crowd has seen anything.

Edited by brickvoyeur

Across Offer Up, Letgo, Facebook/Craigslist, Mercari, and eBay I have picked up 18 since they sold out. 3 on Craigslist this week from 2 sellers. Just curious if someone heard something about a remake or second release. I couldn't find anything when searching myself, so I was curious if the crowd has seen anything.

I see what your doing now. Smart man. I would keep buying them too.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75227 - Darth Vader Bust