The LEGO Movie 2 - 2019

Doofy McGee

4 hours ago, Clintonjoseph said:

which ones are double bagged? is it only the wizard of oz ones?

That's a good question.  I didn't think about that until after I went through the 8 or 9 bags I found at Target.  Emmet, Lucy and Benny were single bagged and I got two Benny's and three Lucy's.  I'm pretty sure the green flower/singer girl (#7) was double bagged and also the swamp man (#10).  I got a crayon man (#5) but don't remember.  That was all I could find.  I know, not enough info.. I'm really curious now to find out when others report on their findings.

• 2 weeks later...

I saw the movie with my 3.5yo daughter on Saturday. It was her first movie in a theater and she did great! It was a good movie, but not as good as the first. The Cameos are just okay but the overall message is pretty good. I was able to figure out the plot line twist about halfway through because of some pretty good foreshadowing. I won't ruin anything here.

However, I must say I am very disappointed we do not have the Triple Decker Couch Mech. It sees about 2 seconds of screentime, but I want it badly. Also. Benny and his friends have about 5 seconds, so if you haven't seen it, don't get your space hopes up.

I would give it 4 of 5 Bricks.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Thanks 1

Saw it yesterday with the family. My 6yo son loved it. My 11yo daughter liked it but said it was corny. Man, can she stop growing up already?!? I am so not ready for her to enter the teenage years where everything sucks and mom and dad are embarrasing. 

I liked it. It definitely was not as good as the first one. I would rank it lower than the first Lego Movie and Lego Batman. Higher than Lego Ninjago though. I had high hopes of cool scenes with the Rexcelsior expecting it to punch through things but was left sorely disappointed. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Saw it with my wife and 8 year-old daughter. Lots of fun. Loved the message behind it. Perfect for the day we live in where everything’s supposed to be all dark and edgy. Such a positive movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Oh, and watch the credits for the Architect Statue of Liberty. Look at her faceplate. I think it was a good-natured poke at all the haters.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 1

Saw the Movie w/ wife and 7 yr old. We all enjoyed it....liked sitting thru teh credits..pure adult themed humor

Alas...Brickpicker has ruined me so far as I can't "just watch the movie" as every build in the movie gets analyzed for potential re-sale...when it's time for a spoiler thread...I'd be curious to hear what sets Lego SHOULD have made from the movie

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Saw the Movie w/ wife and 7 yr old. We all enjoyed it....liked sitting thru teh credits..pure adult themed humor

Alas...Brickpicker has ruined me so far as I can't "just watch the movie" as every build in the movie gets analyzed for potential re-sale...when it's time for a spoiler thread...I'd be curious to hear what sets Lego SHOULD have made from the movie

Emmets Couch Mech

Glitter Batman's Cave

Purple-Legged Metal Beard

End of the Movie Style BHz for all characters, except Lucy, she can be PRE-TLM.

For real though, the sets that have been released thus far have NOT had as much screen-time as I thought they would. Ragekatty is by far my favorite of these sets. Apocalypseburg is probably the set most prominent from the movie. Do you even remember seeing the Rexplorer in the movie?

Still interested to see what the sets the second wave correspond to. The Shimmer and Shine Sparkle Spa will be cool and will probably have those Sparkly Vampires. That whole scene paid homage to The Wizard of Oz, and it as nice to see the CMF figs representation make sense.

Edited by CosmicSpeed

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

46 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

For real though, the sets that have been released thus far have NOT had as much screen-time as I thought they would. Ragekatty is by far my favorite of these sets. Apocalypseburg is probably the set most prominent from the movie. Do you even remember seeing the Rexplorer in the movie?

Still interested to see what the sets the second wave correspond to. The Shimmer and Shine Sparkle Spa will be cool and will probably have those Sparkly Vampires. That whole scene paid homage to The Wizard of Oz, and it as nice to see the CMF figs representation make sense.

Dude, you highlighted the wrong sentence

Don't give away fun plot points this early

Saw it earlier. Good watch, but it’s not a patch on the first film.

Any UK users know if there are any DFS-related exclusives? Would be very strange for the DFS employee minifig to not exist in the real world. The McDonalds giveaways are all non-brickular, but it feels like there should be polybags all over the place with so many promo licensing deals going on.

E1FD831F-55B8-49BE-A2C5-FF5959908159.jpeg