The LEGO Movie 2 - 2019

Doofy McGee

Found what I think is an upcoming set that I hadn't heard anything about... RRP $99.99, there are no sets out currently with RRP of $99.99... Rex's Rexplorer (70835) most expensive for $119.99, next in line is Pop-Up Party Bus (70828) for $79.99.  Must not be D2C since it's going to be sold at Target, plus it's not pricey enough for that.  There's a dummy page on Amazon UK site for this set... "CONF_TLM2_PlayThunder_13 Movie Building Games, 70838, Multicolour"...

Set Number 70838

MSRP $99.99

Target DPCI 204-00-0588

UPC 673419302388

Found what I think is an upcoming set that I hadn't heard anything about... RRP $99.99, there are no sets out currently with RRP of $99.99... Rex's Rexplorer (70835) most expensive for $119.99, next in line is Pop-Up Party Bus (70828) for $79.99.  Must not be D2C since it's going to be sold at Target, plus it's not pricey enough for that.  There's a dummy page on Amazon UK site for this set... "CONF_TLM2_PlayThunder_13 Movie Building Games, 70838, Multicolour"...
Set Number 70838
MSRP $99.99
Target DPCI 204-00-0588
UPC 673419302388

Just saw LEGO mention they’ve got a “big reveal” scheduled for tomorrow.

Maybe related to this set?

The material on the CMFs is different than that of the recent Harry Potter series.  This new material is thinner and feels cheaper, feels kind of textured like a thin tarp.  The bag size is also larger.  96mm vs 88mm left-to-right and 145mm vs 115 mm top-to-bottom.  Much easier to smoosh.  The front also says "1 Lego Character" instead of "1 Lego Minifigure".  Probably because of the inclusion of Uni-Kitty as a possible option.

• Thanks 1

We have our tickets to see an early screening of the movie this Saturday at 2:00 !!! Select Theatres’s are showing it 2 weeks early to hype it up !! Anyone else buy tickets for the early viewing ?

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I wanted to, but we’ve got conflicts with our usual kids activities (dance, hockey) at the same time.

Went to see the movie today. Without saying too much to ruin it for the rest. I will say it made for a nice continuation of the first one. But I did not leave the theater with the same feeling I had when we seen the first one. Being a huge Lego fan I did still enjoy it. But if I had to rank all 4 movie made by WB....
1. The LEGO movie
2. The LEGO Batman movie
3. Ninjago movie
4. The LEGO Movie 2

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Fleck said:

Went to see the movie today. Without saying too much to ruin it for the rest. I will say it made for a nice continuation of the first one. But I did not leave the theater with the same feeling I had when we seen the first one. Being a huge Lego fan I did still enjoy it. But if I had to rank all 4 movie made by WB....
1. The LEGO movie
2. The LEGO Batman movie
3. Ninjago movie
4. The LEGO Movie 2

That's a pretty dismal review.  I think you said enough ?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Fleck said:

1. The LEGO movie
2. The LEGO Batman movie
3. Ninjago movie
4. The LEGO Movie 2

I saw it today as well and agree with your ranking.

The best part was my 6 year old handing me a large bag of popcorn towards the end of the movie and only having one handful left.  That girl hardly eats anything else, but she sure loves popcorn.

• Like 4

Saw today as well with a 4.85 year old who Lovvvvvved it. 

certainly not as good as the first,  but packed some surprising late emotional punch for anyone with siblings. 

Fun movie,  but not as many laughs as the first. 

also,  I think ninjago movie was better than batman.  

Film Garmadon is one of the funniest villains out there. 

• Like 2

Saw it today as well. I felt like there were a good amount of laughs. I put it above Lego Batman movie personally. My kids enjoyed it quite a bit. I think it's hard to recapture the magic of the original when you already are aware of the real life aspect from the beginning. 

I don't think this is a spoiler, but will say as the father of a 10 year old boy and 8 year old girl I found it quite useful for future use.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Target Event coming up.  Build a ship "with a few bricks"... like they're trying to get ahead of the potential let-down. 

"The best part?  They get to keep the vest!"... how about they get to keep those few bricks...?

My Target is close, I'll probably put the date in my phone and stop by anyway. 

20190127_073838.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

I've opened several CMFs for this movie and I'm curious why some but not all of the minifigures are double bagged.  Different material vendor?  Or production of some materials performed at and shipped from multiple locations?  There must've been some rationale behind double bagging for only some of the CMFs, and not others. 

3 hours ago, MusiKyle said:

I've opened several CMFs for this movie and I'm curious why some but not all of the minifigures are double bagged.  Different material vendor?  Or production of some materials performed at and shipped from multiple locations?  There must've been some rationale behind double bagging for only some of the CMFs, and not others. 

Where did you find them?