The LEGO Movie 2 - 2019

Doofy McGee

13 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Yep, anyone who held onto 71221 or still has them might make some good $ since the Witch isn't included for this CMF. Interesting they combined Lego Movie and WoOz.

New Heart piece possibly for Tin man?

Agreed on 71221. Too bad I don't have any. 

I think the heart looks to be a torso print but it'd be cool if it was a separate piece. 

Went to the Lego store today and saw they had the new 2019 catalogue, noticed that 70841- Benny's Space Squad wasnt listed as a set, quite surprising as it's one of the main LM2 sets, I remembered that sometimes the catalogues dont show retail limited or store specific sets but didnt think this was one of them? Anyone got anymore info?

20181230_001416.jpg

20181230_001428.jpg

20181230_001437.jpg

20181230_001446.jpg

20181230_001453.jpg

50 minutes ago, Baragon said:

I wasn’t around for the first movie sets. Were the larger sets sitting on shelves long enough for discounts like we saw for LEGO Batman?

There was basically a LEGO "shortage" during and after the first LEGO movie.  While I don't foresee a similar situation, this movie will definitely stir more interest than the Ninjago and Batman movies.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money/nation-now/2015/10/21/european-lego-shortage/74353308/

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/shopping-and-consumer-news/11943951/Worldwide-Lego-shortage-tension-builds-as-toy-maker-warns-it-cant-meet-Christmas-orders.html

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baragon said:

I wasn’t around for the first movie sets. Were the larger sets sitting on shelves long enough for discounts like we saw for LEGO Batman?

Your writing skills are amazing for a 5-year-old!

Some Movie 1.0 sets are still shelf warming, like Benny´s Spaceship.

20 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

The original The LEGO Movie sets will benefit from the release of this movie.  

Force Awakens effect maybe and that will extend to other lego sets too. But if the movie is a subprime effort like TLJ then it could have the opposite effect.

12 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

anyone have any details on the movie ticket giveaway at the Lego Store?  Seems like an easy $16 discount (for 2 tix) but can it be used on fandango for any theater?  my kid is old enough for this movie.

Seems like it can be used at any theater that sells tickets through Fandango. Alas, none in my area do (I'd have to go about an hour away, to a theater with smaller screens).

9 hours ago, CathyVT said:

Seems like it can be used at any theater that sells tickets through Fandango. Alas, none in my area do (I'd have to go about an hour away, to a theater with smaller screens).

Thanks!

Luckily All the theaters in the SF Bay Area sell thru Fandango...also all the theaters are renovated w/ the luxury recliners and designated seating.  W/ Designated seating I wonder if companies are losing money on the lack of preview viewers; but fandango makes a killing since to buy tix any other way one has to make 2 trips to the theaters: one to buy a day in advance and another to view.

• 2 weeks later...