10261 - Roller Coaster

Val-E

• 2 weeks later...
Really want to buy today (merry go round was my last day one purchase) but going to hold out for a better promo. Teen Groot is the worst promo since the firebike. 
At least the Firebike had part-out value. I think Teen Groot is worse ...

5 hours ago, Quacs said:

Ordered mine this AM and tracking is showing it arriving tomorrow - sweet!

I went to the local Lego Store in my area and was able to pick one up.  The store manager said Lego is doing a better job this year with supply on new sets as compared to past releases.

• Like 2

Is there somewhere on Lego site or anywhere showing how the Boost incorporates with the coaster?  Youtube not showing me anything.  I have not been able to procure a clearance Boost set but would buy the parts necessary so that I don't have to buy the whole set when I only need certain parts to "Boost" my coaster.  You guys that have bought the set, do the instructions help you in this manner?  Thanks.

Edited by Huskers1236

Is there somewhere on Lego site or anywhere showing how the Boost incorporates with the coaster?  Youtube not showing me anything.  I have not been able to procure a clearance Boost set but would buy the parts necessary so that I don't have to buy the whole set when I only need certain parts to "Boost" my coaster.  You guys that have bought the set, do the instructions help you in this manner?  Thanks.

I have a Boost but no Coaster. I have the same questions you do.

I’m guessing that there will be some programming options in the app sometime soon. There was mention that there would be some custom roller coaster sounds in app in a press release.

I’m curious if you can run the motor on the coaster or the Carousel without doing any programming?

5 hours ago, marcandre said:

Checked out a built coaster at the lego store today. It's awesome. One roll down the first hill gets it all the way around the track. Looks bigger in person than what I imagined too. Going to need some space for this beast. 

Did the same thing today.  It's about 3/4 the floor space of the UCS MF and about three times taller.  They had it setup with a motor which they triggered via remote.  Very cool.    

Store manager told me LEGO is also adapting the boost to a Ninjago and a CITY set due out later this year.  I asked about using mindstorms but there isn't any codding from LEGO for mindstorms.  You'd have to do your own coding.  They have several pre-coded sequences for the boost.  You can program the boost to have the cars wait at the gate several seconds, then activate the motor.  Motor runs until the cars are going down from the top.  There are sounds effects for when the car is going up (like they're scared,) and for when they are going down (screaming and laughing).  There is also music that plays.  Makes me wonder if they're going to make sequences for the other rides.

The store manager also said they were having problems running the boost programming on ipads right now.  So if you can't find the coding, try using an iphone or droid to run it.

It is a pretty sweet set.  Thus far, although I've loved the amusement park sets, I've avoided getting them.  But now... *Sigh*  I'm not... sure.... I can... resist.......  

• Like 1