10261 - Roller Coaster

Val-E

10 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I guess those cheap Boosts from Target are going to come in mighty handy:

Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!

Sold mine too soon

2 hours ago, Val-E said:

I guess those cheap Boosts from Target are going to come in mighty handy:

Upgrade the Roller Coaster with LEGO® Power Functions for a motorized chain lift, or with LEGO BOOST for automated chain lift activation and realistic sound effects!10261_Prod_20180425.jpg

I missed out on the $49 Boost, but found one on clearance at Walmart this morning for $75. Picked it up specifically because of that press release this morning. 

26 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Looks like a complicated and difficult build with a potential for issues in many areas, but worthwhile nonetheless.  Very cool set.

Yes, I am sure that on release day one we will get at least ten  people complaining it´s a poor design and that their coasters don´t roll only to find they built it wrong.

• Like 2

I hope I’m wrong, but I think there are a lot of stickers in this set. In forementioned video for example all the signs looks like they’re applied.

At this price point, least they can do is properly print these things.. ?

Nonetheless this is a no brainer buy for me.

16 minutes ago, Pietsma said:

I hope I’m wrong, but I think there are a lot of stickers in this set. In forementioned video for example all the signs looks like they’re applied.

At this price point, least they can do is properly print these things.. ?

Nonetheless this is a no brainer buy for me.

I´m still coming to terms with Howard Stern being the rollercoaster operator.

Im pretty sure that the Roller Coaster is based on the one in Prague (= take into account that LEGO has a real horde of designers in Kladno factory who/that produce(s) and make(s) the mock-ups, real size models and other "big things" for lego stores and parks around the world).

below the pictures of cca 40 yrs old main Roller Coaster in Prague, CZE.. does anyone miss the similarities? the color branding, shape... .. etc?

YEEYY!!! . . and it is even more expensive here than in the rest of Europe.. .. just pure ingenuine, TLG.. really..  forget some "national feeling, appreciation.. or GRATITUDE (for local tax benefits)" or whatever that LEGO could  display.. 

yes 3.jpg

Horská_dráha-1024x685.jpg

mozna 2.jpg

yes 1.jpg

yes 2.jpg

yes 6.jpg

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

@crayxlp That is a pretty spot on replica. I was looking for a similar mini-steel coaster as representation but that matches almost perfectly.

Too bad this doesn't give us any hints....Lake with rowing boats? Jurassic Park Gate maybe? /s

Screen Shot 2018-04-26 at 8.28.17 PM.png

The old antique cars that you can drive at the parks...   I'm sure they ( Lego) can motorize them too. Maybe put them on some sort of track..  

• Like 1