71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1

Alpinemaps

My Wal-Mart has finally reset toys (shelving and price tags anyway) and is in the process of stocking the shelves.  I asked the toy manager yesterday and he offered zero help... "I got 13 pallets back there guy, I got no idea"...  I'm sure he'd been asked this 100 times already.  He seemed stressed out so I left.  Went back today and he wasn't there (somewhat thankfully, he seems to give me the eye like 'I know who you are', of course that could be my own paranoia... lol).  Today at least there were two gals from a nearby small-town store that were farmed in to help work the inventory.  They listened to my plea and I was surprised that they both put down their scanners and went in back to look for me.  They'd said a couple young guys were also asking about them a bit ago.  Unfortunately, they came back empty handed but I was very thankful they at least took the effort.  Got to love small-town Iowa.  They said there were 5 pallets all still wrapped in plastic.  If that's accurate it went from 13 yesterday to 5 today, hopefully by evening it's all stocked.  Another unfortunate part of this story is that I ran in to those two young guys who were asking earlier.  They looked like they rode their bikes there and were prepared to just sit it out and wait all day... must be nice being 13 with some lawn mowing money and nothing but time to kill while you watch and wait... At least my work is fairly flexible and I'm 10 mins from the store.  I'll check back at lunch or after work.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Loghamel said:
I haven't read anything saying yay or nay;  can one find Percival in the same area on those stupid hanging displays?

I found 2 in one display. Both mid-way through stack on first & second rung of left side (marked red). A good indicator that a rung hasn’t been tampered with is the plastic retention disk (marked yellow).

IMG_2613.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Edited by kris_1973
  • Like 2

I unexpectedly bought my first HP CMF today. Was at a local bookstore with the wife and noticed that they had an opened box behind the counter. Went right for the fourth position from the rear of the first row and nailed Percival Graves on the first try. The two hair pieces make this one easy to find! Happy hunting!

Edited by eliminator

I unexpectedly bought my first HP CMF today. Was at a local bookstore with the wife and noticed that they had an opened box behind the counter. Went right for the fourth position from the rear of the first row and nailed Percival Graves on the first try. The two hair pieces make this one easy to find! Happy hunting!

Make sure there is no staff. Mad-eye Moody also has 2 hairpieces, but has a staff....
  • Sad 1

33 minutes ago, Phil B said:
59 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Make sure there is no staff. Mad-eye Moody also has 2 hairpieces, but has a staff....

Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack! Confirmed, yes got PG!

On 8/11/2018 at 7:41 AM, kris_1973 said:

I found 2 in one display. Both mid-way through stack on first & second rung of left side (marked red). A good indicator that a rung hasn’t been tampered with is the plastic retention disk (marked yellow).

IMG_2613.PNG

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I found the two I grabbed in completely different locations.............:blink:

Speaking of minifigures, has anyone ever seen these displays before?  Ran across a listing on ebay that was displaying their figures with these and I think they look great.  

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-Series-2-11-Minifigure-Collection-Lot-Must-See-159-Figures-Bumble-Bee-Mor/113187860845?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Seller said they were on ebay as well but I have had no luck finding them.  Thanks.

Anyone still looking for help to completing their collection feel free to check out this feel guide video Timestamps to each # at bottom.  It is all in checklist # order for all 22 figures.  Opened entire box and got the following from front to back. Interesting pattern with the 6th, 7th, 8th and 18th spots housing rares in each row.  In this box, each row had 3 rares

Row 1: 13, 13 14, 16, 10, 17, 11, 5, 12, 18, 7, 8, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1, 22, 19, 19

Row 2: 17, 17, 13, 14, 9, 16, 10, 15, 5, 12, 7, 8, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1 21, 20, 20

Row 3: 16, 9, 9, 14, 10, 11, 15, 12, 7, 18, 18, 8, 4, 6, 3, 2, 1, 21, 19, 20

#1 - Harry Potter @ 1:32
#2 - Hermoine Granger @ 2:01
#3 - Ron Weasley @ 2:32
#4 - Draco Malfoy @ 3:10
#5 - Luna Lovegood (Rare) @ 3:53
#6 - Neville Longbottom @ 4:42
#7 - Cho Chang @ 5:17
#8 - Dean Thomas @ 5:53
#9 - Voldemort @ 6:40
#10 - Dobby @ 7:23
#11 - Professor Sybill Trelawney (Rare) @ 8:02
#12 - Cedric Diggory @ 8:52
#13 - Professor Filius Flitwick @ 9:36
#14 - Madeye Moody @ 10:13
#15 - Harry Potter and his Invisibility Cloak (Rare) @ 10:58
#16 - Professor Albus Dumbledore @ 11:40
#17 - Newt Scamander @ 12:22
#18 - Tina Goldstein @ 13:04
#19 - Jacob Kowalski @ 13:50
#20 - Queenie Goldstein @ 14:32
#21 - Credence Barebone (Rare) @ 15:17
#22 - Percival Graves (ULTRA RARE) @ 16:00

Edited by Pokeshop
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My wife and I got 16 of the 22 at regular retail price and then I scored that full box at $1.00/minifigure at Wal-Mart.  That helped provide the missing 6 she didn't have.  As far as selling the remainder is it best to sell them individually?  Percival basically sold himself, and the next bite was on Luna Lovegood.  I'm listing the other that are only 2/box but some of the 3/box figures are not even pulling retail on eBay.  Curious if now is the right time to be listing these or if I should wait?  I considering combining figures to sell in 3- or 4- figure groups.  Open to other ideas of how to handle the remaining.  I'd be happy getting retail per figure back since I got them so cheap.

Edited by MusiKyle
Clarify

49 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

My wife and I got 16 of the 22 at regular retail price and then I scored that full box at $1.00/minifigure at Wal-Mart.  That helped provide the missing 6 she didn't have.  As far as selling the remainder is it best to sell them individually?  Percival basically sold himself, and the next bite was on Luna Lovegood.  I'm listing the other that are only 2/box but some of the 3/box figures are not even pulling retail on eBay.  Curious if now is the right time to be listing these or if I should wait?  I considering combining figures to sell in 3- or 4- figure groups.  Open to other ideas of how to handle the remaining.  I'd be happy getting retail per figure back since I got them so cheap.

Hold them. It's Harry Potter, not likely to fade from desirability for a looooooooooong time.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Pokeshop said:

Anyone still looking for help to completing their collection feel free to check out this feel guide video Timestamps to each # at bottom.  It is all in checklist # order for all 22 figures.  Opened entire box and got the following from front to back. Interesting pattern with the 6th, 7th, 8th and 18th spots housing rares in each row.  In this box, each row had 3 rares

Thanks, I have a sealed box on the way and will confirm. At lease this makes things easier.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Phil B said:

Hold them. It's Harry Potter, not likely to fade from desirability for a looooooooooong time.

Curious question. If we look back at Disney minifigs (in which you can currently get a whole set for about $5 a figure - $1 over retail), do we really thing HP will perform that much better?

I like the figures, and I don't doubt the HP fanbase, but I always thought the Disney figures had a pretty solid following too... and they are barely making it over retail .

Obviously if you got the Disney figures at discount its gravy and same applies to HP, but for the collector who buys at retail, does anyone think these perform super well 2-3 years down the line? And is it worth it to hold onto to a few complete sets. Do you we think they severely out perform Disney? Could be, I really don't know who has the bigger fan base.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

Curious question. If we look back at Disney minifigs (in which you can currently get a whole set for about $5 a figure - $1 over retail), do we really thing HP will perform that much better?

I like the figures, and I don't doubt the HP fanbase, but I always thought the Disney figures had a pretty solid following too... and they are barely making it over retail .

Obviously if you got the Disney figures at discount its gravy and same applies to HP, but for the collector who buys at retail, does anyone think these perform super well 2-3 years down the line? And is it worth it to hold onto to a few complete sets. Do you we think they severely out perform Disney? Could be, I really don't know who has the bigger fan base.

The "collectable" minifigs seem to be overproduced and relatively easy to get.  The sell out quickly but come back in abundance.  My guess the set will end up like Disney.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71022 - Minifigures - Harry Potter and Fantastic Beasts: Series 1
  • TheOrcKing unpinned this topic