Ideas #019: 21312 - Women of NASA

Val-E

thought i was out, but i guess i am not.... someone who sells on amazon prime offered me $45 a set  for my 9 sets (through ebay)  i have quite a few more then 9   - i was able to pull the transaction off outside of ebay for 10 sets, so I took it....  $450 / 436 after fees - close to  $40 for shipping for a total of  $140 profit on 10 sets.....  I am fine for that being that  i am a QFLL

had to look that up QFLL    -love it !        -my philosophy is pretty simple....  "what would $300 bucks in the bank do for you over the course of a year.......  ? "       will still buy at $25-27  a pop!

PP

• Like 1

seller count up to _311_ on amazon and still available at msrp from jeff b.  :crying:

looks like the last batch from target is hitting the fba queue and/or all the really slow sellers-distribution centers finally got their stuff together.

at least demand is holding up.

Edited by cladner

7 minutes ago, cladner said:

seller count up to _311_ on amazon and still available at msrp from jeff b.  :crying:

looks like the last batch from target is hitting the fba queue and/or all the really slow sellers-distribution centers finally got their stuff together.

at least demand is holding up.

How much demand is being generated by resellers who still think there is a gravy train to jump on, though?

It´s fascinating to see how different supply and demand has been in the US and other countries for this set.

22 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

You know that this kind of comment can be said for any set. Now that there is a mass supply out there, and more to come for sure, there's no need to hold inventory of this. You can wait till after X'mas and as you guys all know, TRU will likely blow these out in a BOGO 40% or something like that. Also note that this is a United States demanded set, not globally demanded.

"You know that this kind of comment can be said for any set" - No (props to exciter1 for the splendid example).

"Now that there is a mass supply out there..." Also no. Compared to what? Other than Saturn, what currently produced Lego set could this statement be less true of?

"TRU will likely blow these out in a BOGO 40% or something like that."  We'll see, but boy does that sound unlikely.

Guest TabbyBoy
43 minutes ago, 33Lego said:

400 sellers on amzn?

LOL - it can be 1000 for all I care as I'm not selling mine until way after EOL to avoid returns ;-)

At least availabilty in the UK is limited with SaH having a Tescoesque limit of 2 and John Lewis being out of stock, TRU doesn't count as they only ship smashed worthless boxes.

In the longer term, this is one of those sets that could do better in the UK than the US.

Edited by TabbyBoy

2 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

TRU doesn't count as they only ship smashed worthless boxes.

I find them to be pot luck. Sometimes the set comes mint, others, ruined. The Brick Bank I ordered recently came with box damage, and all seals had failed, so when I picked it up out of the shipping box everything fell out. Since it is a personal build, rather than returning it I managed to get a £20 gift voucher after a bit of back-and-forth.

On 11/17/2017 at 11:58 PM, Deanfjr said:

I am on vacation i went to the local lego store to scout out what they had n I seen at least 24 of these out for tomorrow's pre brick Friday VIP very tempting as they also have the Apollo on the shelf about 6-8 deep 

Why would that tempt you? It's #31 on the Amazon best sellers in building toys and no longer on the overall top 100 toys list.  I don't think this will be hot again until RI 3.0

• Like 1

On 11/16/2017 at 11:37 AM, dmc said:

"You know that this kind of comment can be said for any set" - No (props to exciter1 for the splendid example).

"Now that there is a mass supply out there..." Also no. Compared to what? Other than Saturn, what currently produced Lego set could this statement be less true of?

"TRU will likely blow these out in a BOGO 40% or something like that."  We'll see, but boy does that sound unlikely.

I wonder what you think of this set now that you've seen the masses pile onto this. TRU will be begging people to take this set soon enough.

1 hour ago, montreid said:

still a few dollars in this and in volume is fine.  sell 1/2 now;  keep rest for EOL;  matches nicely up with RI.  

No way does this match up with RI. NASA is nothing outside of the United States. If you really need inventory, just call up someone north of the border and they can send you a few cases of these.