Amazon.ca Deals

Zender

2 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

I've been a huge lego nut my whole life but I only got into investing around Christmas last year so this was my first black Friday. Kinda blew it... but I'm still pretty excited about my purchases because I know everything I got is gonna be easy money. Got 11 or 12 nutcrackers that all have dibs already... the totes I imagine will be hard to get rid of, but everything else was totally worth it so life is good :)

Unrelated, but my tru had 2 Quinjet City Chases on clearance for $41.98. Not bogo, but still... SCORE! :P

It's ok, you'll be better prepared next year. The nutcrackers are a good flip. You'll make good money out of that.

As for the quinjet city chase from TRU, it was a bit cheaper 2-3 months ago. It was discounted to $55.98 and second one half price. 41.98 is still a good deal. If you wait a bit longer, they might roll out a crate full of those for 41.98 BOGO 50%. They did that with the milano a few years back.

2 minutes ago, Zelgazra said:

You bought $1100-$1200 worth at only 20-30% off? I did something similar on my first Black Friday.... I'm still trying to move some of that stuff. For your sake, I hope you're right about your 'easy money' choices you made! 

He can move the nutcracker for sure, but the rest of the stuff, he better have loaded up the palace cinema because that's the only thing I can see him moving. And maybe the arocs.

Edited by ChristopherJB
typo

I believe I got 3 K-E-M, 4 PC, 3 AoH, 1 Simpson House. I got a couple chess sets, and bunch of the small christmas sets 40623, 40262 (about 5 or 6 of each and a batman BH. OH, and 2 Ferrari's.
I sell on Kijiji so no shipping costs. Anything over what I paid is profit. I'm not a big league investor like some of you guys but I'm steadily getting bigger and smarter with my purchases. Some of the recent or soon to retire H2F sets I've got are;

ToA - 3
Classic Batcave - 3 (these aren't going anywhere for sometime lol)
PC - 6 
Helicarrier 6 
TIE - 3 ( plenty of time to get more since WM has a **** load)
AoH 4 
Simpsons House - 4
K-E-M - 6

All were bought at 20-30% off. 

Edited by jimmajenga

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Veegs said:

Kwik e mart back in stock, says will ship Dec. 19th. Pretty scarce up here at least around me, so maybe last chance to grab at retail.

Mastermind still has some as of a couple days ago, but stock doesn't shift much on that site as I'm guessing not many people check... probably due to lack of sales.
AoH and TIE are pretty good deals right now on amazon, considering them and walmart are the only 2 places that seem to have those sets.

AoH is currently $222.56 + an extra 10% off for prime members, which works out to $226 after tax.
TIE is currently $206.63 + an extra 10% off for prime members which works out to $210 after tax.

High Speed Passenger Train is a great deal too as it's $119.50 after tax!

Easy profit there for kijiji sellers like myself. :) 

Edited by jimmajenga
  • Like 1

Just a note, tax is different province to province. so there's no real point posting after tax prices, hehe. 

I had a $30 credit for Amazon, snagged a 60051 for $87 after [BC's] tax! Parted one of these last season to help a friend out with the PF kit for his Holiday Train. Sold off the sections slowly but successfully throughout the year. Probably rinse and repeat, the Holiday Train + PF Bundle seems to be moving nicely. 

Edited by Zelgazra

40 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Haha i actually just did a scouring of the Canadian sites today, couldn't find anything except mastermind. In the end though decided not to pick them up.

Why not? My listings of KEM seem to get a decent amount of interest. I think you could sell for $399 on ebay to make a modest profit? 

7 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Mastermind still has some as of a couple days ago, but stock doesn't shift much on that site as I'm guessing not many people check... probably due to lack of sales.
AoH and TIE are pretty good deals right now on amazon, considering them and walmart are the only 2 places that seem to have those sets.

AoH is currently $222.56 + an extra 10% off for prime members, which works out to $226 after tax.
TIE is currently $206.63 + an extra 10% off for prime members which works out to $210 after tax.

High Speed Passenger Train is a great deal too as it's $119.50 after tax!

Easy profit there for kijiji sellers like myself. :) 

prices just went down a bit more.

Check the lego technic, massively discounted, then an additional 10% off.

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Technic-Extreme-Adventure-Building/dp/B0725KD9VD/ref=sr_1_9?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1512876750&sr=1-9&keywords=lego+technic

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO-Technic-Helicopter-Advanced-Building/dp/B01E78WKEO/ref=sr_1_21?s=toys&ie=UTF8&qid=1512876750&sr=1-21&keywords=lego+technic

2 hours ago, Veegs said:

Why not? My listings of KEM seem to get a decent amount of interest. I think you could sell for $399 on ebay to make a modest profit? 

Definitely wanted to, seems to be a no brainier choice at this point, but just don't have the capital to free up this month with Christmas and all.

19 hours ago, Sandwraith said:

Definitely wanted to, seems to be a no brainier choice at this point, but just don't have the capital to free up this month with Christmas and all.

My credit card has been getting mugged in a dark alley for this entire month and starting with Black Friday. I think an intervention is in the cards come January! xD 

20 hours ago, ChristopherJB said:

I just emailed them asking if they'd adjust the price of my order to the current listings as it's starting to make a big difference! I just noticed that Extreme Adventure set... definitely considering it... Damn... my poor credit card haha

Edited by jimmajenga

5 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

My credit card has been getting mugged in a dark alley for this entire month and starting with Black Friday. I think an intervention is in the cards come January! xD 

I just emailed them asking if they'd adjust the price of my order to the current listings as it's starting to make a big difference! I just noticed that Extreme Adventure set... definitely considering it... Damn... my poor credit card haha

139 on extreme adventure now. That is really worth it considering how much it is going for on ebay in the US. 179USD and people are buying it at that price. If you start stacking gift cards, rebates, and that 10% off, you can squeeze at least a 20-30% gain after all fees.

Amazon usually doesn't give price adjustments after the order has been placed. That tie fighter going down to 189 now with another 10%.

Caterham on sale with additional 10% off

https://www.amazon.ca/LEGO®-Ideas-Caterham-Seven-Building/dp/B01GGCDK66/ref=pd_sim_21_14?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=16XNSEBFEKDEJ3A8XJYD

It is close to what they are selling at in the US and look at the sales on this from TRU.com

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-Ideas-Caterham-Seven-620R-21307/173002718779?epid=18011197969&hash=item2847c3fe3b:g:XJ8AAOSwCtJaBFuq

Over 80 sold in 24 hrs at 50USD.

So in Canada, 69.99 with 10% off plus tax, you are looking at around 70-75CAD.

50USD plus 5% GST when bring across the border plus conversion is around 65-70CAD.

Edited by ChristopherJB
comments

Heads up ASSonHoth is lower now - $203.36 - still can get 10% off further with Prime. This was enough to convince me to bite. Even if this turns out to be as loved as the Bwing, with this discount I'm pretty sure I won't lose money (and I only made money on those Bwings). A few other sets are nicely discounted, too. I'm leery of some of the SW sets unless 50% off, though. I feel like this is a game of cat & mouse with retailers...discounts keep coming and stock doesn't dry up like it did in previous years.

6 hours ago, Veegs said:

Heads up ASSonHoth is lower now - $203.36 - still can get 10% off further with Prime. This was enough to convince me to bite. Even if this turns out to be as loved as the Bwing, with this discount I'm pretty sure I won't lose money (and I only made money on those Bwings). A few other sets are nicely discounted, too. I'm leery of some of the SW sets unless 50% off, though. I feel like this is a game of cat & mouse with retailers...discounts keep coming and stock doesn't dry up like it did in previous years.

Everywhere is sold out of Ass Tie's, except Amazon and Walmart. Walmart has 190 AoH and 72 TIE, but who knows how many Amazon has. And how low is that TIE gonna go on amazon! 

16 hours ago, jimmajenga said:

Everywhere is sold out of Ass Tie's, except Amazon and Walmart. Walmart has 190 AoH and 72 TIE, but who knows how many Amazon has. And how low is that TIE gonna go on amazon! 

Down to $175! Not as great as how cheap a lot of US buyers got it in the last year, but not too shabby.

7 minutes ago, Veegs said:

Down to $175! Not as great as how cheap a lot of US buyers got it in the last year, but not too shabby.

Unfortunately the limit is 3 per account!   I already bought my limit when it was $195 plus 10% prime discount. :(   Still a good deal, wish I could buy more.

If you're not buying heavily discounted (soon to be retired) Star Wars UCS sets then you're missing out.  My personal opinion.