Toys "R" Us - 50% scraps are all that's left

jsteele

On 6/13/2018 at 1:15 PM, Huskers1236 said:

Picked up a 40% Boost since it was the last one and signs were out that the place closes in a couple weeks.  Didn't want to risk missing over a few dollars.  Now to cough up the money for the coaster.

Did the exact same thing.  Picked up last two @ 40% off.  Debating what to do with the second if I'll keep it or sell it if the price gets right.

On 6/13/2018 at 2:45 PM, exciter1 said:

I think the buyout 12 years ago or whenever was the primary reason. They could have probably lasted another 10 years if they would have been managed by a better parent company, and streamlining their online sales of course.

All but one of my TRU online purchases went badly for me.  It could be that I just got the (bad) luck of the draw but I finally got the message to stop using TRU online.  It was just too much of a pain.  On my last order, a shipping label had been produced but no product was ever shipped.  It took 4 phone calls to customer service to finally get my full refund.  Is it really any wonder why they went bankrupt?

My store was really good to me when it came to the signage in the store. They literally gave my everything. All the " canvas " covers...end cap signs,  translights , border signage , and even the big red Lego cube that hangs above the whole section. 

15290682408572876727135661815299.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Phil B said:
1 hour ago, iahawks550 said:
Out of curiosity, what do you plan on doing with that?

He's opening a gray-market LEGO store ...

TRU closing presents actual opportunities for mobile sellers as people will return like geese to the ex-TRU parking lot this holiday season somehow missing the news that they went bankrupt.  

that's when this guy has his day...

dude.jpg

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Swung by two stores for giggles this afternoon, only actual LEGO left are buildable Jyn Erso's (lots), and polybags. 

Also, both stores Thur/Fri had about the same size Dimensions stuff remaining (a lot) - And one store was completely wiped out, the other still had basically everything left. So even at 70% off this stuff isn't moving which... Doesn't bode great for packs in the future, but we shall see. 

First time really, seeing the stores so empty and condensed I kinda had a tinge of sadness over the whole thing. Certainly the end of an era. Interestingly, both stores have different closing dates, one is Wed next week, the other is Fri next week. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Achilles said:

Swung by two stores for giggles this afternoon, only actual LEGO left are buildable Jyn Erso's (lots), and polybags. 

Also, both stores Thur/Fri had about the same size Dimensions stuff remaining (a lot) - And one store was completely wiped out, the other still had basically everything left. So even at 70% off this stuff isn't moving which... Doesn't bode great for packs in the future, but we shall see. 

First time really, seeing the stores so empty and condensed I kinda had a tinge of sadness over the whole thing. Certainly the end of an era. Interestingly, both stores have different closing dates, one is Wed next week, the other is Fri next week. 

My store's movement on Dimensions inventory was average until the offerings were trimmed down to Power Puff girls only.  Now the movement is dead and I don't know that even 80% would change that.