75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

I believe the recent Death Stars, both 10188 (2008) with 3803 pcs costing $400 (10.5c per pc) and 75159 (2015) with 4016 pcs costing $500 are factoring the inclusion of 24 minifigures and 27 minifigures respectively. Too many for an UCS in my opinion. 

When the Millennium Falcon 10179 with its 5197 pcs was released in 2007 it had 5 minifigs and sold for $500.

Considering the last big sets released by LEGO in 2016:

5005217: Death Star Ultimate Kit with 4740 pcs selling in EU for 550EUR (11.6c per pc)
75827: Firehouse Headquarters with 4634 pcs selling for $350 (7.6c per pc)
10253: Big Ben with 4163 pcs and selling for $250 (6c per pc)
71040: Disney Castle with 4080 pcs and selling for $350 (8.6c per pc)

and in 2015:

76042: The SHIELD Helicarrier with 2996 pcs (17 minifigs) selling for $350 (11.7c per pc)
42043: Mercedes-Benz Arocs 3245 with 2793 pcs (no minifigs) selling for $230 (8.2c per pc)
10247: Ferris Wheel with 2262 pcs (10 minifigs) selling for $200 (8.1c per pc)
75060: Slave I with 1996 pcs (4 minifigs) selling for $200 (10c per pc)

We could infer that the Star Wars franchise (and Super Heroes) sells more expensive LEGO pieces (not as expensive as Bionicle like sets though). So, doing a new Millennium Falcon, say for the new Star Wars Episode VIII with the newer features of the older ship and using similar number of pieces, say 5200 pcs at the average price of 11.6c per piece; it would make it the most expensive official LEGO set to date at roughly $600.

Maybe LEGO will begin offering credit lines, multiple payment plans and things like that :) but WE NEED the new version of the UCS Millennium Falcon with a massive amount of pieces, yeah!

1 minute ago, Furious_george said:

Will be interesting to see what this rumour does, if anything, to 10179 prices.  Only the bravest holders of new sets will disregard this. I'm not that brave. I moved mine on last year.

It takes more courage to sell such a bad ass set than to keep hold of it.

• Like 2

hmm I'm on the fence on this rumour, like others have already stated this tends to circulate every second year!

The only thing to consider in this rumour becoming fact is that it is the 40th anniversary of star wars this year.

I just hope that the rumour of the canned reboot of the UCS Snow Speeder is not true!

3 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

If it is indeed true, I would love to see a limited edition (limited to maybe a couple thousand sets max). That would be classic....Absolute madness! Problem is Lego wouldn't really profit too much from such a limited release. Sigh...

Well, they profited enough from the DS debacle. So it is time to retribute.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, NZ-EUG said:

hmm I'm on the fence on this rumour, like others have already stated this tends to circulate every second year!

The only thing to consider in this rumour becoming fact is that it is the 40th anniversary of star wars this year.

I just hope that the rumour of the canned reboot of the UCS Snow Speeder is not true!

For what it is worth.. I asked my local Lego  employee about rumor of remake ucs mf...he had no idea but mentioned that they have a sku number for the snow speeder

• 2 months later...

29 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

If that doesn't all but confirm it.....

Mar 11, 2017 - Interview with LEGO Chief Marketing Officer Julia Goldin, annual press conference 2017 in Billund, LEGO House

Wow, that really was as much of a confirmation as you are gonna get.

She clearly was thinking about how much she could/should say, but also didn't want to lie about what she clearly already knows.

Edited by KShine
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, KShine said:

Wow, that really was as much of a confirmation as you are gonna get.

She clearly was thinking about how much she could/should say, but also didn't want to lie about what she clearly already knows.

Sales flat? Time for a MF re release.

• Like 1

Given that the Han Solo movie has the potential to blow away all the other movies, I would say a major MF set is inevitable.  and also given miss bobble head, I think its safe to say it will be close (if not a re-release of) to 10179....

Edited by jay4e

There is no news here.  We all knew this was coming.  The only question that counts is how good or bad the new version is.  That was always the question and most important  point.  If it's a duplicate or better set, we all know the 10179 will be history.  If it is a lesser set, then the 10179 will have new life.  

1 minute ago, Ed Mack said:

There is no news here.  We all knew this was coming.  The only question that counts is how good or bad the new version is.  That was always the question and most important  point.  If it's a duplicate or better set, we all know the 10179 will be history.  If it is a lesser set, then the 10179 will have new life.  

We should create a poll.

A: Exact same designl as 10179 but 100 USD more expensive

B: TFA version smaller than 10179 but same price

C: Other