75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

3 minutes ago, zskid00 said:

The only question that matters is where will they stick the cheese slope that will be the highlight of the new and improved set with a 25% markup.

Well, there´s also the crucial point of which shaped satellite dish they use.

Bookmarked at important question

I would love to play poker with her lol. Her body language at that question is all I needed. I think it's safe to say we see a new UCS MF end of year (maybe force Friday or around that time)

Let the record be known I said they were foreshadowing that on the new DS box and everyone laughed at me! Lol...
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

There is no news here.  We all knew this was coming.  The only question that counts is how good or bad the new version is.  That was always the question and most important  point.  If it's a duplicate or better set, we all know the 10179 will be history.  If it is a lesser set, then the 10179 will have new life.  

I do not see how they would bank their financial comeback on a lesser set ????

Going to take a wild guess and assume the new trend is smaller than previous UCS sets but more detailed. I think it will be bigger than the new UCS snowspeeder but like 3/4 the size of the original.

Iconic ships will keep being made over and over. I think the only true one of a kinds that won't be remade are like SSD and Death Star 2 (which I'm building as I type this) sets like this I don't see them remaking. I also don't see Yoda, Darth Maul, GG, etc. ISD will be remade, Blockade runner will be remade, etc.

Hate to say it but I don't think we ever see something like SSD again (great for you guys who have a bunch) the big unique sets are done.

Smaller more detailed sets will be the future.

Well, there´s also the crucial point of which shaped satellite dish they use.

Early rumors indicated they would provide 2 types so you can interchange (your preference)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lego Templar said:

Going to take a wild guess and assume the new trend is smaller than previous UCS sets but more detailed. I think it will be bigger than the new UCS snowspeeder but like 3/4 the size of the original.

Iconic ships will keep being made over and over. I think the only true one of a kinds that won't be remade are like SSD and Death Star 2 (which I'm building as I type this) sets like this I don't see them remaking. I also don't see Yoda, Darth Maul, GG, etc. ISD will be remade, Blockade runner will be remade, etc.

Hate to say it but I don't think we ever see something like SSD again (great for you guys who have a bunch) the big unique sets are done.

Smaller more detailed sets will be the future.

Early rumors indicated they would provide 2 types so you can interchange (your preference)

Yep...Smaller, yet more detailed, with better build techniques.  That's the ticket.  I don't see a $600, 5000+ piece set in the future. 

Guest TabbyBoy

Wouldn't it just be easier for LEGO to re-release 10179 and just add the rectangular radar dish as an option? I think it would make sense for LEGO to release a 5000+ piece, $600+, £450+ set as the demand is obviously there if 10179 still sells for crazy money. If it turns out to be the new largest LEGO set ever, there'll be queues around the block on release day! I bet the 10179 holders now are getting a little nervous - do they cash in now or risk losing thousands if it's a close remake? I sold mine as soon as I heard the rumour as markets can respond quickly.

4 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

Wouldn't it just be easier for LEGO to re-release 10179 and just add the rectangular radar dish as an option? I think it would make sense for LEGO to release a 5000+ piece, $600+, £450+ set as the demand is obviously there if 10179 still sells for crazy money. If it turns out to be the new largest LEGO set ever, there'll be queues around the block on release day! I bet the 10179 holders now are getting a little nervous - do they cash in now or risk losing thousands if it's a close remake? I sold mine as soon as I heard the rumour as markets can respond quickly.

doubt it. after the initial huge demand, i don't think most folks will be willing to shell out $500 for a rehash or even a redesign.  it's too much cash for little play value.  i think lego wants even their expensive sets to be somewhat appealing for kids.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

A lot rides on the 75159 experiment.  If that sells (and is profitable), then I can see a larger set similar to the 10179.  If it does not, I don't think LEGO would release a $600 set and hope it sells.  We'll see how 2016 corporate profits go.  I don't see LEGO getting too risky if they are weaker than anticipated.  This has already been decided and designed months, if not, years ago.  Our discussion is probably moot.  LOL.  

A 4000 piece UCS Falcon is safer IMO.  It would sell very well and be accepted by most.  But LEGO could want to make a splash and launch the biggest set ever.  As for the 10179, if you are a reseller and haven't cashed out yet on it, now be the time to cash out.  LEGO has given you almost a decade to profit from this set.  If you are a collector, the  10179 will always be a special and valuable set, worthy of keeping.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Val-E said:

We should create a poll.

A: Exact same designl as 10179 but 100 USD more expensive

B: TFA version smaller than 10179 but same price

C: Other

I expect B - not sure whether TFA version, but I think we will see pn 90% the smaller set than 10179 for same price. I think that also same big (or bigger) model as 10179 would be selling very well, even for bigger price (but still much lesser than the market price of 10179), because this is a holy grail for SW fans and they need to have a big falcon. But problem is that the actual attitude of TLG is to prefer playsets and make UCS models attractive also for children. So I expect a smaller version of 10179 with a lot of play functions, more detailed interiour and more figs. 

Many AFOLs would be satisfied also by such smaller UCS falcon, which will affect the market price of 10179. But on the other hand, many hardcore SW fans will want to own the biggest SW set - and after producing a downsized UCS falcon they will know for sure, that there is no way to have another big UCS falcon - so the only way to have the biggest falcon ever is buying the 10179 for any price - which will be the opposite influence towards the price of 10179.

I might not know how big the new UCS Falcon will be, how many pieces it might have, or how much it will cost.

But it does feel pretty safe to say that regardless of those answers, its impact will damage the value of the 10179, and will do even further damage to LEGO valuations in general.

It's unfortunate that LEGO doesn't realize that having those high priced retired sets actually helps people to justify overspending on their currently available sets.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, CM4Sci said:

My guess is similar size to 10179 with a refurbished build with some interior detail, including both the OT and PT gang, with interchangeable satellites for $600 

If LEGO wants to make a statement, it is possible. However I am sure as hell it would not sell for $600, even the 10179 was difficult to get rid of for $500. There is a reason why out of the two big anniversary sets the 10188 stuck around for 10 years while the MF was discounted  and retired. The current inflated prices are only due to the steep supply curve, there is not a huge demand for this stuff. Releasing a set like this would be a bad commercial move in my opinion.