75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

A quote I love from The Eraser

Where am I at ?

Earth. Welcome.

I've been on earth the whole time.  I do not expect it to happen but the 10179 is my grail and I hope to be able to buy one some day new mint sealed with a certificate and letter at yes the going rate and yes I know what the going rate is.

I can not afford it now but it is my dream.

So I would pay $1,000 for the set and be first in line if I could

Unknown-1.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

1000 msrp for a lego set?. Not ever, sorry you will have spend your  "pocket change" on something else I'm afraid.

Not quite sure why it would never happen when compared at how many people spend 4K+ for the 10179. Not to mention how many legitimate sales are made every day for 1K Lego sets. There's obviously a market at that price point.

If Lego made a huge set of a perfect choice and numbered that set to 10000 sets at 1K each, they'd sell out within a month. There's 10mil right there. They aren't considering that? I find it hard to believe and think it's just a matter of time.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, azalon said:

If Lego made a huge set of a perfect choice and numbered that set to 10000 sets at 1K each, they'd sell out within a month. There's 10mil right there. They aren't considering that? I find it hard to believe and think it's just a matter of time.

If Lego made a huge set of a perfect choice (like an 8k-10k piece UCS Falcon, limited to 10k sets at 1k each), they would de facto sell out within a day or two, with a tiny bit of straggler inventory showing up thereafter because one store had a shipment delayed. It'd be a collector perfect storm. The collectibles traffickers, the all-purpose QFLLs, the Nike campers, diehard SW fans, diehard AFOLs... Even at limit 1 per biometric scan and DNA sample, the deep-pocket collectibles guys would be handing out prepaid Visa cards by the dozens. It would probably end up being a PR disaster for Lego, and they're probably smart enough to see that; any set that large and in-demand would have to have an open-ended production run.

But unless you're planning to die soon, it IS eminently possible that a $1k Lego set gets released in your lifetime. There's inflation and production costs and maybe Lego decides to cut the legs out from under the secondary market by releasing a modular "street-in-a-box".

• Like 2

2 hours ago, azalon said:

Not quite sure why it would never happen when compared at how many people spend 4K+ for the 10179. Not to mention how many legitimate sales are made every day for 1K Lego sets. There's obviously a market at that price point.

Because TLG doesn't cater to collectors a fraction as much as they cater to kids and they 100% do not cater to investors. They didn't become #1 by putting out insanely expensive sets and there is no reason to change that (at the moment). I am not disagreeing that something would be cool, not really agreeing though either. TLG would turn off alot of customers in their target base by doing something like that, and their target base sure isn't the likes of us.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, chipbee said:

Maybe a cross between playset and traditional UCS, which is current trend as we see in sandcrawler, deathstar 3, ewok village etc. It will be bigger than 75105 but maybe smaller than 10179?

I really like that idea! A bigger, more detailed set than 75105 so 4 minifigs can sit (snuggly) in the cockpit and the cockpit having an actual canopy similar to the 75105 set (but larger of course) instead of open space cockpit like the 10179. 

It would keep the value of 10179 in tact, while at the same time catering to people who want a larger MF than the current available smaller scaled playset. Would be a home-run for Lego without any kind of backlash.

3 hours ago, stephen_rockefeller said:

Because TLG doesn't cater to collectors a fraction as much as they cater to kids and they 100% do not cater to investors. They didn't become #1 by putting out insanely expensive sets and there is no reason to change that (at the moment). I am not disagreeing that something would be cool, not really agreeing though either. TLG would turn off alot of customers in their target base by doing something like that, and their target base sure isn't the likes of us.

After seeing the GBHQ and the perpetual increase of LEGO's popularity I wouldn't be surprised if a $700+ set appeared some time in the future, if not for just testing the market. $1000 is still a far fetch, however it is true that LEGO is getting bolder over time.

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2016 at 9:45 AM, redcell said:

If TLG remakes a new UCS Falcon, I will inevitably buy some, but there is no way that it will be the kind of hit that 10179 was.  Those will be stockpiled to the high heavens by every Tom, **** and Harry who has any clue of how 10179 performed after it retired, which will inevitably constrain the post-eol price appreciation of the set.    

if thats true...I'd grag 5 each month..till iam neck deep in them. :)

On 1/13/2016 at 8:01 AM, inversion said:

After seeing the GBHQ and the perpetual increase of LEGO's popularity I wouldn't be surprised if a $700+ set appeared some time in the future, if not for just testing the market. $1000 is still a far fetch, however it is true that LEGO is getting bolder over time.

UCS Star Wars Assault on Hoth is pretty bold for $250 in itself.  Not sure if a set will ever go over $600 unless its an limited edition specific run #.  

If this set does come out then it would be a investing nightmare. The set will make the tumbler thread look like it was a small chat with 2 people. The horde and their brothers, sisters, and cousin will buy at least 5 of this set each. I will put my capital into something else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BrickU said:

UCS Star Wars Assault on Hoth is pretty bold for $250 in itself.  Not sure if a set will ever go over $600 unless its an limited edition specific run #.  

If I was TLG, if I'm going to break the $500 mark, I would do something bolder like price something $999 for the high end collector. They will never do it, but it would be fun to see.