75192 - UCS: Millennium Falcon 2017

chinothegeeko

When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?  

447 members have voted

1. 1. When will you buy your first 75192 UCS Falcon?

• First day VIP early access purchase.
    • 2x VIP promo in October 2017.
    • Wait for discount of between 10%-19%.
    • Wait for discount between 20%-29%.
    • Wait for discount of at least 30%.
    • Wait until it shows solid signs of retiring.
    • No plans to buy this set.

45 minutes ago, valenciaeric said:

1 was delayed from 2015 so that still fits. Now one needs to think about what makes way for them. EV, Sandcrawler and Slave seem givens.

I wonder how many MISB 10179´s there still are out there - it would be nice to get a head count from BP  users.

I think the retirement of EV some time in 2016 is a given. I'd guess around the time the new Assault on Hoth set gets released. Maybe around May 4th ?

Sandcrawler might get the axe by end of 2016, with a "Retiring Soon" label on it in December 2016 if Lego LEGO Shop at Home still has stock they want to get rid of. It will probably do 'the dance' from Summer 2016 onwards till it finally retires.

Slave 1 is a UCS set that I have a hunch will be available until late 2016 / early 2017. 

---

Will be funny to check back on this message around Christmas 2016 and see how much of this prediction came through. :D 

I've said this many times, and others have said it, re-makes were bound to eventually happen.  As far as the rumors of the Snowspeeder, seriously it's been over 10 years.  This isn't the stock market, it's a toy.  If they can remake smaller sets over and over again, why can't they re-make UCS sets???

As far as the MF, bring it on.  Sure I bricklinked mine for a crap ton of money, but I would still go out and spend another $500 for a new UCS MF.  Collectors are going to want it regardless.  For those crying about re-makes so much, I have no sympathy for you.  If you've been holding onto sets for this long because you keep wanting to hope for more money, then it's bound to bite you in the ass.  It's the nature of the game.

With as hyped as the movie has been, and as great as it is, re-making a UCS MF is probably without a doubt going to be a home run for Lego.  You do have to think, that as much press time as 10179 gets, you have to imagine there are a lot of people out there who don't necessarily have $4000+ to spend on 10179, but could possibly afford a $500 TFA MF with the new antenna and be perfectly happy with that.

Also, Lego wasn't near the popularity force that it was 10+ years ago.  Lego is beyond mainstream now.  It's not just a kids toy.  And as Ed said, there will be people that are still willing to shell out insane cash at the original 10179 no matter what.

• Like 8

I watch 10179 auctions daily. I have seen used sets sit unsold at a BIN price of $2200. Then I have seen sets go for over $2400 on auction. But then I sometimes see the same set get re-listed a moth later because the buyer did not pay... With Christmas here I have seen a ton of listings and the sets are going for between $1700 and $2100 depending on how many new zero feedback bidders are at play. I know it has a lot to do with condition but I stand by my opinion that shill bidding is a huge problem with the price of UCS sets. On the topic of a re-release I believe it will happen. It should not change the price of the 10179 that much. What will change the price is if they bring back LBG levers or mast pieces...

On 12/22/2015 at 6:49 AM, citymorgue said:

over and over again, why can't they re-make UCS sets???

As far as the MF, bring it on.  Sure I bricklinked mine for a crap ton of money, but I would still go out and spend another $500 for a new UCS MF.  Collectors are going to want it regardless.  For those crying about re-makes so much, I have no sympa

On 12/22/2015 at 8:37 AM, neoconagenda said:

I watch 10179 auctions daily. I have seen used sets sit unsold at a BIN price of $2200. Then I have seen sets go for over $2400 on auction. But then I sometimes see the same set get re-listed a moth later because the buyer did not pay... With Christmas here I have seen a ton of listings and the sets are going for between $1700 and $2100 depending on how many new zero feedback bidders are at play. I know it has a lot to do with condition but I stand by my opinion that shill bidding is a huge problem with the price of UCS sets. On the topic of a re-release I believe it will happen. It should not change the price of the 10179 that much. What will change the price is if they bring back LBG levers or mast pieces...

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-10179-Original-Box-Totally-New-Never-Built-/161913723285?hash=item25b2cf5995:g:xC8AAOSwAKxWVZIz

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Millennium-Falcon-10179-Collector-RARE-1ST-ED-W-CERTIFICATE-/331727662985?hash=item4d3c826f89:g:240AAOSw7FRWZlZc

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEGO-Star-Wars-Ultimate-Collectors-Millennium-Falcon-10179-NEW-IN-SEALED-BOX-/141845968037?hash=item2106adb4a5:g:YmoAAOSwp5JWZKxV

Goes alright over here! 

11 hours ago, fossilrock said:

So the Millennium Falcon is the  UCS set for the Force Awakens due out in late fall I suspect?  Not exactly shocking, but a safe move by disney and lego. 

Agreed. From a business standpoint, it simply is bad to have sets selling for 10x their initial value, especially when they can simply start making another run without that much of the new production costs with a modest improvement to the model (or a simple re-release). There is clearly demand for the Millennium Falcon and the new movie did nothing to move that needle down. The Lego MF has been on so many articles about lego prices, I am sure they have seen half of them.

The MF is really the star of the show in TFA. So launching another UCS MF is simply a no brainier on Lego's part. The 400 price point is not that big of a deal - the Ghostbusters kit is going for 400, so was the Death Star. The MF will be much more coveted and will maybe crest 500. 

19 minutes ago, Sandwraithx157 said:

Here's a pretty awesome fan built UCS version of TFA Falcon 7500 pieces. Must say the cockpit piece actually blends in really well when the rest of the model is mostly tiled/greebled.

http://kotaku.com/star-wars-fan-spends-a-year-building-the-best-lego-mill-1749840942

Love the blue LEDs! Hope Lego will make its own official version and start including it in their design and official builds in the near future.

• 2 weeks later...

This is pure speculation!, this rumour has been in has been circling for bout 2 years now, I'll believe it when I see it.

So if are lead to believe all the internet chat, we are waiting for UCS Hoth playset, UCS re-boot Snowspeeder, UCS re boot Death Star/ or Star Killer base, and UCS TFA Falcon?

Brickset isn't correct, IMO.  They have separate listings for an a-wing, and darth vaders tie advanced, but we saw pictures yesterday of set that contains an a-wing with a tie-advanced.  Leaves me to wonder if maybe a UCS A-wing is possible?  The number is right before the new UCS snow speeder.  However, there is nothing about a new UCS millennium Falcon on that site.

Edited by fossilrock

16 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Brickset isn't correct, IMO.  They have separate listings for an a-wing, and darth vaders tie advanced, but we saw pictures yesterday of set that contains an a-wing with a tie-advanced.  Leaves me to wonder if maybe a UCS A-wing is possible?  The number is right before the new UCS snow speeder.  However, there is nothing about a new UCS millennium Falcon on that site.

The rumour about a new ucs Falcon came from a forum post somewhere, from a poster named cave god. He stated not only is a new ucs falcon coming, he's seen the finished article built with his own eyes. I've no idea who this cave God is, but apparently everything he's said in the past has come true /shrug

• Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did a new UCS Falcon based on the TFA design.  In fact, I struggle to find any rational reason why TLG wouldn't release such a set given the popularity of the movie.  Unless there was no way to make the economics work, why wouldn't they release one?  I think it's pretty clear from the demand for 10179 that there would likely be at least some demand for it.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Pjking said:

The rumour about a new ucs Falcon came from a forum post somewhere, from a poster named cave god. He stated not only is a new ucs falcon coming, he's seen the finished article built with his own eyes. I've no idea who this cave God is, but apparently everything he's said in the past has come true /shrug

Cavegod has had credible information in the past, and is the creator of the massive UCS AT-AT that everybody goes crazy about.  I think he generally has the goods, just doesn't put it out there like just2good does. Is it possible that he saw a prototype UCS that never makes it to market?  Sure, but Lego knows they'd be leaving millions on the table if that were to happen.  It's a matter of if, not when, there will be another UCS MF.  Lego knows that AFOLs will shell out $350 for a freaking red box with a GB name slapped on it, they sure as hell know that they'll shell out $500 for the baddest set known to mankind.

10 minutes ago, whatsinthebox said:

Just imagine how many of these would be sold in light of all the Lego investing articles highlighting 10179 MF as the most valuable model. New investors hoping/expecting to see a repeat of that sets growth in the new version. 

will be hard for them to find out it ill never reach the levels of the first one.

18 minutes ago, whatsinthebox said:

Just imagine how many of these would be sold in light of all the Lego investing articles highlighting 10179 MF as the most valuable model. New investors hoping/expecting to see a repeat of that sets growth in the new version. 

12 minutes ago, Hogi said:

will be hard for them to find out it ill never reach the levels of the first one.

My strategy on this hypothetical set will be to purchase these in year 3 of production after the Horde V2.0 begins to sell out at any cost when they begin to scream, "IT'S NEVER GONNA RETIRE!", or "WHY ISN'T THIS AS EXPENSIVE AS 10179????"

I love Horde V2.0.

Welcome newbies. I will feast on your mistakes.

Edited by mudcatsfan
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, whatsinthebox said:

Honestly, this might be the first valid 'con' I've heard so far for LEGO remaking this set. Trying to manage inventory of a UCS MF in today's QF market would be a real challenge. 

So by my count that's 1000 pros and 1 con...

• Like 1