Ideas #022: 21311 - Voltron

Alpinemaps

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ogelwoc said:

Is this on the way out? Looks like not very popular set. Being discounted by Amazon and Walmart up to 20%. And not many stores here carry it and is drying up.

You seem to read your tea leaves differently...I see your reasons to have the opposite meaning

FYI...I do belive EVERY LEGO set hits 20% off eventually or even at the first release...that 20% off should just be considered RRP...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

28 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

If you're a true Lego collector and not just in it for the money then there are sets worth RRP.  Modulars for example.  I even paid RRP for the last AT-AT just because I wanted it.  One of the problems being in this hobby too long and especially if you're trying to make money is that you lose interest in the building and collecting aspect.  If you don't enjoy the build then it's just plastic.

6 minutes ago, Mathew said:

If you're a true Lego collector and not just in it for the money then there are sets worth RRP.  Modulars for example.  I even paid RRP for the last AT-AT just because I wanted it.  One of the problems being in this hobby too long and especially if you're trying to make money is that you lose interest in the building and collecting aspect.  If you don't enjoy the build then it's just plastic.

au contraire mon frere...I'm both a "true" LEGO collector and a discerning shopper....no set is worth paying more than I need to...my wife works too hard for me to waste any of it ?

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

...that 20% off should just be considered RRP...the "full price" is only reserved for soccer moms who don;t know any better or shoppers  who don't have the time/energy to get a better price.

I paid RRP for the Lunar Lander.  Now I did get the GwP that will be sold to offset some of that cost, and its the first set I've paid RRP for in 2 years.  But, I did do it.

• 9 months later...

Interesting that this set is doing OK already. I had little hope for it, so only brought one.

Seems pretty niche to me. They're still somewhat readily available over here so will keep an eye out for sales. If they disappear before then, I'm not too concerned. 

14 hours ago, Pez said:

Not sure how long this will last, but Barnes & Noble in the US shows stock on this at RRP

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/toys-games-lego-ideas-21311-voltron/34549365?ean=0673419278201

I bought one last week. It was shipped to me direct from a nearby store - seems like they will be available for a bit and if you order multiple will be interesting to see if they come from multiple sources.

1 hour ago, elmaslıefendi said:

This set was constantly 30% off here before retirement. Looking at eBay it's a really slow moving set. But it's probably just the European market...

I think this set won't do as well in the European market as it does in the USA. I've got only 2 and got them at 28% off each which in hindsight wasn't the best price I could have bought them at. Oh well, I won't lose money on them, but they won't be the moneymaker that Old Fishing Store is.