Ideas #022: 21311 - Voltron

Alpinemaps

42 minutes ago, Migration said:

I would much prefer a live action Robotech.

Kind of hard to pull off a live action version of an already excellent series.  The live action has to be a serialized with good writers and director(s).  At least don't let anyone who did US live action of DeathNote (Netflix) anywhere near the series :P

• Alpinemaps unpinned this topic
  • 2 months later...
On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:24 PM, Shewie said:

Lego Stores got it's database updated with 21311 set which is Voltron and the price for this is rather hefty because it's set in Polish S&H for 829.99PLN which is eq of 179.99EUR and 169GBP.
Don't you think it's rather expensive not to say a "rip off"?
So The Adventure Time v2.0 in Europe is coming apparently in the set named VOLTRON.

look at this set and think it's 179.99 EUR
then look again...

179.99EUR.

Yeah this set may look pricey and may very well may be overpriced but if you are a fan of Voltron from back in the day this set may very well be a crazy unexpected sell out, especially since Netflix revamped the entire series to fire up new and long time fans. 

There are so many generations of Voltron in the toy world... but peeps are looking for that “holy Grail” version to emerge. If the Lego group does it right this may be a great investment. 

Its not about the kids with this thing...Voltron spans generations of fans and adult collectors will pay through the nose like a UCS 10179.

This sideshow maquette statue with light up eyes based on the new Netflix series has gotten great reviews from collectors.. I believe it’s the same size as our future ideas set. But thank God we won’t have to pay $1200!!!

lol

B2477342-2989-4CB1-B4F3-CFAF91D2B707.jpeg

1 hour ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I assume the box art will be epic! Also very interested in the mechanism to build Voltron! 

What do you think? Will we get mini figures as well?

I don't expect minifigures but a display stand for the figures a la Helicarrier-style would be amazing!

19 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I don't expect minifigures but a display stand for the figures a la Helicarrier-style would be amazing!

Wow I wasn’t even thinking “minifigs” with this set but you’ve got a great idea there with the possibility of “nano figs” like the helicarrier or Saturn V rocket.

...so 5 “nano figs”, for each lion...Now that would be Epic! 

7694B671-748F-4A84-BAD0-0CD9E520A811.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...