Ideas #022: 21311 - Voltron

Alpinemaps

43 minutes ago, donbee said:

We’re the blue and yellow cats always bigger than green and red?
They were all the same size, right?
Not to be picky. Just jogging my memory

Yep.  Yellow and Blue were always bigger, since they are the legs.  Green and Red were always smaller.  Black Lion was always the largest.

My level of excitement is off the charts on this.

• Like 5

Actually set pics are beautiful. I can’t believe Voltron didn’t take off in the 70s-80s in Europe while it blew up in the USA, Asia and of course its birthplace in Japan. For the late 30s to 50 something’s in Asia and US this set is is totally awesome and will sell out fairly quick. Asian demand will probably be very high on this. Truly a must have in multiples.

If designers can design this mech this well imagine the possibilities with other great mech from the past!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jaylay said:

Actually set pics are beautiful. I can’t believe Voltron didn’t take off in the 70s-80s in Europe while it blew up in the USA, Asia and of course its birthplace in Japan. tiples.

We had much more exciting programmes back then.

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:11 PM, Alpinemaps said:

Yep.  Yellow and Blue were always bigger, since they are the legs.  Green and Red were always smaller.  Black Lion was always the largest.

My level of excitement is off the charts on this.

Mine too.  I can't wait. Now, do I get two, one for the lions and one for Voltron, or just one. HMMMMMM.. I wish they included nano-figs, or even mini-figs. That would've been a huge finishing touch.. 

2 hours ago, house72 said:

Mine too.  I can't wait. Now, do I get two, one for the lions and one for Voltron, or just one. HMMMMMM.. I wish they included nano-figs, or even mini-figs. That would've been a huge finishing touch.. 

I'm getting two.  I need to have both the Lions and Voltron on display.

43 minutes ago, jaylay said:

15” tall is about right. About the same size as the OG Godaikins.

Yep.  Final height based on box art is 17.7".

• Like 2

I was thinking if Dimensions hadn’t tanked...
I’m sure This was in the line up.

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

Hey if the shoe fits... It can be both a great set and a lousy investment. Don't care anything about voltron so I need to figure out if this is a winner or just fanboy hype.

Nothing seems to be a winner anymore though :boredom:

Exo Suit had the small set hoarding blues.  I don't think there's any need to jump on this thing, but I'll have at least 2.

I also have zero familiarity of Voltron and it means nothing to me.  What I do like about this set is being in 2018 and feeling like this set is straight out of the 80s.  Sure the build techniques and parts used are more advanced than in the 80s but I appeal to the retro look.  It would pair good with Tron if the Tron set was more aligned to the 80s version and less so the new Disney version.  I also know little about Tron.  Pairing them together would be nostalgic for many but enough to invest in?  This feels like Hulkbuster USC to me, the pre-release hype was wild but once it was available I immediately cared less and didn't want to spend the money.

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

This feels like Hulkbuster USC to me, the pre-release hype was wild but once it was available I immediately cared less and didn't want to spend the money.

I was really gungho when I saw the pre-release pictures of the UCS Hulkbuster. There was no need to rush out and buy it right away with the way Lego produces them, so I waited. Then when I finally saw it in person at the Lego store, and I was really underwhelmed. I thought it'd be bigger.

I sort of feel the same way with this set, but I think I'll be picking this one up. It's bigger and it's Voltron! Just a matter of when I'll buy it. I have so many sets in my backlog at the moment.

1 minute ago, exciter1 said:

Yes, it's great, better than the original.

Whoa, easy there exciter! Better than the original? That's a tall order to fill. Maybe I'll watch it with my son for the first time together instead of searching for the originals.

• Like 1