70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/4/2020 at 10:19 AM, tomwang2016 said:

this set will be back in reproduction in November, so is 70620 the ninja-go sets. 

On 6/5/2020 at 7:10 AM, tomwang2016 said:

let's wait until November

I have to say, I was highly sceptical when this poster said apollo would be re-released, but seems like he was right on the money.

I only had 1 NC and unloaded it during the corona madness couple of months back, seems like if u have multiple NC, might be a wise idea to start unloading now before the price tanks in January...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Sid2020 said:

What’s the source for the re-release of Ninjago City In November 

5 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

Some guy who also said Saturn V would be re-released.

@tomwang2016 Dropped info and bailed.  Others already thought Saturn could return but N City would be more unexpected.  IMO... Hey Lego, keep retired sets F%*@ing retired

5 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

Did it sell well? I'd be surprised to see it re-released as it doesn't feel like a big seller.

it did win best set since 2000 or something like that from one of the mainstream 3rd party LEGO sites (Brickset)

Also it's Ninjago's version of modulars...with a 3rd one coming up...if Harry potter Hogwarts modulars are any indication...LEGO has already set a precedence of wanting to keep older ones on shelves longer (to spur sales of the newer ones, assuming)...just a thought at a potential rationale

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
22 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

I think they would be silly to not bring them back out. They ended so abruptly and it’s their own license. And with pics like that? For those new to LEGO, they’ll be wondering how to get those sets. 

Modular sets are always shown with previous models, even ones that are done.  It's as important to LEGO that those who bought the Ninjago City get the gardens as well.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MotorCityMuscle said:

They show the last two retired modulars in advertisements? 

They have showed modulars that are going into retirement.

This obviously pairs with Ninjago City.  My point was, they want people to see it with the city.  I'm not sure which set that is between the two.  It is not the Docks though unless they mocked it into a building rather than a dock.  

Does anyone know which set is between the city and garden?