70620 - Ninjago City

Migration

For investment purposes, given that this set is a "modular building" do you think there is a chance it will become a must have for those collecting the Creator Expert Modular Buildings line?

Perhaps this set will have a prominent role in the movie, which may help feed the level of desirability and demand.

Personally, I will probably pick one up for my personal collection...but I will wait for a deep discount. If anything, this set intrigues me.

Edited by eliminator

4 minutes ago, eliminator said:

For investment purposes, given that this set is a "modular building" do you think there is a chance it will become a must have for those collecting the Creator Expert Modular Buildings line?

Perhaps this set will have a prominent role in the movie, which may help feed the level of desirability and demand.

Personally, I will probably pick one up for my personal collection...but I will wait for a deep discount. If anything, this set intrigues me.

The ship has pretty much sailed for big sets, so it's safer to stick to this mindset.  That doesn't stop me from collecting them.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, eliminator said:

It´s a bit like Simpsons stuff and Haunted House, they don´t fit into all modular cities.

I´d say the best bet with this sets is that it will be available at deeper discounts and have a shorter life than the modulars due to higher initiall RRP and the Ninjago theme - same as ToA.

It´s a bit like Simpsons stuff and Haunted House, they don´t fit into all modular cities.
I´d say the best bet with this sets is that it will be available at deeper discounts and have a shorter life than the modulars due to higher initiall RRP and the Ninjago theme - same as ToA.

The only caveat I'd say, is that this is designed to fit in with modulars while HH did not.

This feels like a "secret" modular so it could be sought after for some time to come.

On 18/8/2017 at 5:46 PM, Alpinemaps said:

The only caveat I'd say, is that this is designed to fit in with modulars while HH did not.

This feels like a "secret" modular so it could be sought after for some time to come.

Physically fits well but the styling sticks out like a sore thumb next to the Town Hall.

• Like 2

@fuzzy_bricks checkout the Jang video above that @Val-E posted. That is what I am talking about it doesn't blend in well with the other modulars IMO and it is not a classic Ninjago set. I still plan on trying it with MS on one side since it has the open market area that the water may blend in with and can even add a few trans light blue 1x2s, and GBHQ on the other side for the height. Also I want to see how it is in the movie as I most likely will go that way  

I can not get to those sets at this time because the table they are on is blocked in by hundreds of lego sets I will probably never sell ;) 

Edited by Pseudoty
  • Like 3

I like this set, looks cool with the number of pieces included. Main interest would be for collecting and investing purposes. I don't plan on building it....sounds weird to say it out. I like the details too....I am a newbie starting from this year.....one thing I learned over the past couple months is patience......I think I will wait it out and see. At the beginning I would be worried of having a particular set sold out and couldn't get my hands on it, but then now I think Lego wants to make an earning too......can't make too few..so I am gonna wait and see if there is any surprising discount on Thanksgiving black friday. :) Nov will be here soon so might as well wait.

• 2 weeks later...

Ordered one of these from SAH, together with 70618 (the boat, not sure what it's called). Both are awesome-looking sets that I can't wait to start building.

Just out of curiosity though, why do some of the boxes for these sets have just the age recommendation and set number, whereas others also include the name of the set, piece count, etc? Thought it might be a language thing, but I live in the UK and still received the versions with just the age & set number.

3 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

Ordered one of these from SAH, together with 70618 (the boat, not sure what it's called). Both are awesome-looking sets that I can't wait to start building.

Just out of curiosity though, why do some of the boxes for these sets have just the age recommendation and set number, whereas others also include the name of the set, piece count, etc? Thought it might be a language thing, but I live in the UK and still received the versions with just the age & set number.

I think they have to display the piece count in the US and maybe other countries but not the UK.

Ninjago city is my favorite build and simply amazing to look at, enjoy.

Edited by blocp13

I've seen that mentioned before, but TLG seem very inconsistent. I've ordered a lot of modulars from SAH and from memory most of them include both the set name and piece count. I've bought sets off shelves in places like Toys R Us and online via Amazon that have included the set name but no piece count (75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike being a recent one, for example). And I think these two Ninjago sets are the first I've received in a very long time that have neither the set name nor the piece count.

All very strange. 

29 minutes ago, binary_storm said:

I've seen that mentioned before, but TLG seem very inconsistent. I've ordered a lot of modulars from SAH and from memory most of them include both the set name and piece count. I've bought sets off shelves in places like Toys R Us and online via Amazon that have included the set name but no piece count (75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike being a recent one, for example). And I think these two Ninjago sets are the first I've received in a very long time that have neither the set name nor the piece count.

All very strange. 

i mentioned that to a lego employee last time I was there and she did say that by requirement the US had to have piece count included on the box. I guess it's hit and miss here, I would prefer it to include the count, I just had a look and I have piece count on GBHQ, Assembly square the original mini box, but on the ucs tie and snowspeeder there are no counts. maybe it depends where it is packed when sent to the UK

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I bought one from SAH during the double VIP (for building, not holding).  It was ordered while backordered but shipped soon after.  While starting the build, I noticed that the base plate it came with was the wrong color.  Should be dark bluish gray, but came with light bluish gray.  Kind of a strange thing to mess up.

Maybe the substitution was made due to a shortage of the correct color, but either way I've gotten in touch with SAH to see about getting the correct one shipped to me instead.  Just an FYI.

• 2 months later...

I'm considering picking up this set at the end of the month to qualify for the 60th anniversary promo (and because I've wanted this set since it was announced).  Would I be better off waiting for a sale?   Or with the set's popularity is it unlikely it won't be discounted until it gets closer to retirement?  Thanks. 

• 7 months later...
On 1/1/2018 at 2:32 PM, Takacaster said:

I'm considering picking up this set at the end of the month to qualify for the 60th anniversary promo (and because I've wanted this set since it was announced).  Would I be better off waiting for a sale?   Or with the set's popularity is it unlikely it won't be discounted until it gets closer to retirement?  Thanks. 

I'm waiting for a sale too! Was hoping to see a discount, but aside from the 20% off at Walmart a week ago (which sold out before I could get to it) I haven't seen a sale on Ninjago City. I'm thinking of getting on SaH when there are double VIP points or a good giveaway. 

Does anyone know who else sells this set aside from SaH and Walmart?

• 1 year later...
On 8/10/2018 at 12:43 AM, Rebel Bricks said:

I'm waiting for a sale too! Was hoping to see a discount, but aside from the 20% off at Walmart a week ago (which sold out before I could get to it) I haven't seen a sale on Ninjago City. I'm thinking of getting on SaH when there are double VIP points or a good giveaway. 

Does anyone know who else sells this set aside from SaH and Walmart?

Just bought one at www.target.com 5% redcard discount only. $10 gift card too.

• 10 months later...
12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Prices are nearing $700 on 70620. Never thought I would see Ninjago do anything like this. Lego sold these for $210 or so last fall. Now it's as much as a used Green Grocer. Anyone still hoarding? What is the ceiling? 

nothing to do with theme but I see it as outstanding modular

12 minutes ago, marcandre said:

Prices are nearing $700 on 70620. Never thought I would see Ninjago do anything like this. Lego sold these for $210 or so last fall. Now it's as much as a used Green Grocer. Anyone still hoarding? What is the ceiling? 

I stockpiled a lot of cities, docks and bounty's. I have not put any up for sale yet.