TRUTH Tactics : and now the end is here

Alpinemaps

Finally got on board with the Toys R Us coupons. Picked up 7 Electro minifigures and used the $5 off $25. What is the deal with all these deals on on line purchases? What could one technically purchase a sandcrawler for on a Thursday. Contemplating getting the card even though I haven't signed up for a new cc in years.

Finally got on board with the Toys R Us coupons. Picked up 7 Electro minifigures and used the $5 off $25. What is the deal with all these deals on on line purchases? What could one technically purchase a sandcrawler for on a Thursday. Contemplating getting the card even though I haven't signed up for a new cc in years.

​Unfortunately TRUTH is only in store. IIRC the last time we had any good deals from TRU online was early 2014. 

​Unfortunately TRUTH is only in store. IIRC the last time we had any good deals from TRU online was early 2014. 

The slave 1s for $160 on May the 4th was pretty good.  But other than that and using points up on exclusives there is not much to buy online.

Has anyone had luck finding Lego deals at the TRU Express outlets? Saw one driving along the interstate...never been in one.

Sometimes they carry some rarer, recently retired stuff.  They will usually honor coupons and sales, if you ask them too.  They prey on the unknowing and buyers of convenience.

I just applied for a TRU credit card so it looks like I'm missing out on these deals but I want to be prepared for the the next iteration/offering.  I didn't really set foot in a TRU for the last 20 years due to the inflated prices but thanks to you fine gentleman (and ladies) I'm understanding the opportunities.

I just applied for a TRU credit card so it looks like I'm missing out on these deals but I want to be prepared for the the next iteration/offering.  I didn't really set foot in a TRU for the last 20 years due to the inflated prices but thanks to you fine gentleman (and ladies) I'm understanding the opportunities.

Plan your first purchase as the additional "new" cc discount only works on the first purchase.

Yeah I saw the 15% discount with 1st purchase.  I figure a 10188 DS might be in order (already have 1 though).  Don't know if it's worth it to go with that or some other 100+ set in store and stack with the 20%.  I don't think I'll get my CC until early July though.

• Like 1

Yeah I saw the 15% discount with 1st purchase.  I figure a 10188 DS might be in order (already have 1 though).  Don't know if it's worth it to go with that or some other 100+ set in store and stack with the 20%.  I don't think I'll get my CC until early July though.

you can use the application print out in the mean time

looks like 60044 is down to $40 at TRU online.  Not a great deal in and of itself but if you find it in store, with 10% + Poly + $5 off 25 (if they stack?) + 10+% on giftcards, it may be worth it.  This set has hit the sale rack on LEGO Shop at Home EU so is likely on its way out.  plus although its generic city is unique enough to to have a remake right away.

Hey Jonny, yea, I asked the same question a few weeks back myself about using this coupon to get a Sony PS4 and never got a response from anyone. I can confirm that the 20/25% coupon will NOT work on any gaming consoles, software, games, tablets, etc. The cashier was kind enough to try it for me but the coupon wouldn't apply, I hope this helps !