BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

Guest TabbyBoy
13 minutes ago, jaylay said:

I’ve been reading the first couple pages of this thread and wonder if anyone’s views have changed about the investment potential of these since the first wave will retire soon. Plus they are discounted on retail sites.

These are either going to skyrocket or bomb. I've got one full set of the first wave, and I'll not buy anymore until signs look encouraging. Personally, I think they're hideous.... then again, so was the Delorean!

I think it depends on the charcater as to what happens with it I strongly doubt that POTC will do well however I am quite intrested in some of the super heros but am unsure about remakes. Personally I see this wave as a miss except for a small few but will be intrested in Han and Chewie but new trilogy looks a bust.

15 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

These are either going to skyrocket or bomb. I've got one full set of the first wave, and I'll not buy anymore until signs look encouraging. Personally, I think they're hideous.... then again, so was the Delorean!

I think Lego's plan was to retire these earlier but reasonable sales has kept them going as stocking fillers. Some have been tagged as retiring since mid-summer. 

The cheapest I've ever seen these is 3 for 2 at RRP.  Some models (e.g. Sparrow) have not been as widely available. Also they have thinned out in supermarkets near me, which is promising. Ebay sold prices are around RRP but Hulk, Robin, Joker and Sparrow are above RRP.  

We don't know how much stock Lego has and whether they will flush it away to one of the big retailers in January. If we avoid £5 clearance sales, they will do very well. 

Edited by Villager Chris
  • Like 1

Went to a store day they went on sale and I only found 3 hiding on a short shelf very inconspicuously next to non-Lego Star Wars toys. One was damaged so I only got two and didn't check if anymore were available. Never really saw them again but I have to think there may be a couple lurking around in a corner somewhere.

Ugh, all sold out around me. They were in-stock a week ago and I never once saw them on shelves and couldnt order online (no Red card). I am about to abandon all hope for this line, just not worth it.

I was at the Lego store two days ago and they had a shelf full of these damn things! So much for exclusivity!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, DarthOsiris said:

Target has most on clearance for $5-6. I saw a guy loading up a shopping cart full of these. Is it worth my time and money to grab these at that clearance price?

That guy will be posting in the regrets of 2018 thread come 12 months.

• Haha 2

I personally think it depends on which sets are being picked up. I mean, if these are cleared out soon, then they will have only been out for a year, and new LEGO fans are created every year who missed out on previous items. Is it really that far-fetched that a combo of, say, Belle and Beast for $30+ isn't doable in the near future? 

2 minutes ago, BillyBricks said:

I personally think it depends on which sets are being picked up. I mean, if these are cleared out soon, then they will have only been out for a year, and new LEGO fans are created every year who missed out on previous items. Is it really that far-fetched that a combo of, say, Belle and Beast for $30+ isn't doable in the near future? 

I think if they had drip fed them like Microfighters (4/6 per year) or had shorter lives (mixels) then that could have been the case.

It just seems they are making too many too quickly and only the really limited edition ones will do well.

• Like 1