BrickHeadz 2017

Lordoflego

1 hour ago, scatttcat said:

So many people who do this have early access to the exhibit hall and can snag all the exclusives early. THAT is the real frustration with comic con exclusives. Knowing that 1/3 of them are gone before the general public can even get on the exhibit floor. 

Each year there is A LOT of push for exhibitors to not be able to buy exclusives earlier than everyone else. Comic Con seemingly "Fixed" the problem last year and simply said, if you had an exhibitor badge you couldn't buy exclusives on preview night... however many of the exhibitors simply grabbed a regular badge from friends and posed as an attendee. Point is there are too many holes in the system, BUT these eBay sellers who do this consistently will have no problem getting the product. As long as you check feedback and such like @Lego Templar says, you'll be fine

Most of the big companies have gone to raffles for a chance to win so being first doesn't give you any better chance. Many other companies have made their "exclusives" available online for preorder to ship after or during the convention. I'd say that getting exclusives is currently the easiest and most fair it's ever been. 

• Like 1

I'm not going to lie, those look fantastic, but I am a little more peeved that there will most likely be a gap in the numbering system as they continue this line because of these exclusives.  They should've kept them like the other exclusives, and separate from the main line of brickheadz.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Ok preordered this one as well! Hope the marvel fig is good and any dioramas they release. Going through the same seller for everything.

How do you preorder these? You just assume the person is going to win them? 

How do you preorder these? You just assume the person is going to win them? 

I guess you can say that. Certain eBay sellers do it every year and do small orders 3-4 of each. Only thing I can assume is they have employees go and wait and line up and win as many as possible. Some of these sellers have been doing it for many years and always fill their orders. If you go on eBay right now only a few people doing it.

I'd rather pay an amount I'm ok with than get in a bidding war. My guess is there is 1,500 of each. Also only 2 sets this SDCC not 4 so technically less and after a year I think the fan base for brickheadz has grown. I'm sure half the people that wait wait for themselves and not for resell so what 500-750 hit BL, eBay, Amazon, etc. I wanna lock it down! Lol

1 hour ago, Mos_Eisley said:

Most of the big companies have gone to raffles for a chance to win so being first doesn't give you any better chance. Many other companies have made their "exclusives" available online for preorder to ship after or during the convention. I'd say that getting exclusives is currently the easiest and most fair it's ever been. 

There are still a few groups that don't do the raffles. The large ones do though (Hasbro, LEGO, Funko (just started), Bandai)... However you will not convince me there aren't people on the inside avoiding these ticket lines and just getting a direct chance to buy them. They have already secured their copies back at preview night, happens every year. Just people with the "in" I guess. I have been going too long to know that everyone is not forced to play by the same rules at Comic Con. 

I am just curious as to see if these Brickheadz draw more attention to the raffle line this year. As I said, last year I could go through the raffle line twice (even 3 times) due to lack of popularity. Maybe they are more popular this round, who knows? 

I am also curious if they offer 4 sets total and take the "1 per day" route. That makes it even more difficult for these. At least with the minifigs they only did 2 and gave Captain America out Friday/Sunday and Atom Thursday/Saturday

I guess you can say that. Certain eBay sellers do it every year and do small orders 3-4 of each. Only thing I can assume is they have employees go and wait and line up and win as many as possible. Some of these sellers have been doing it for many years and always fill their orders. If you go on eBay right now only a few people doing it.

I'd rather pay an amount I'm ok with than get in a bidding war. My guess is there is 1,500 of each. Also only 2 sets this SDCC not 4 so technically less and after a year I think the fan base for brickheadz has grown. I'm sure half the people that wait wait for themselves and not for resell so what 500-750 hit BL, eBay, Amazon, etc. I wanna lock it down! Lol

Lego confirmed only 2 this year? Phew

Did they confirm 2 minifigs again too?

[edit] never mind I just saw the post from sdcc. Lol

1 hour ago, citymorgue said:

I'm not going to lie, those look fantastic, but I am a little more peeved that there will most likely be a gap in the numbering system as they continue this line because of these exclusives.  They should've kept them like the other exclusives, and separate from the main line of brickheadz.

They haven't revealed 9 & 10 or 11 & 12 yet.  The numbering will be contiguous, just as the set numbers will be.  We're missing sets 41494 (9/10) and 41495 (11/12).... 

1 minute ago, thedingman5 said:

They haven't revealed 9 & 10 or 11 & 12 yet.  The numbering will be contiguous, just as the set numbers will be.  We're missing sets 41494 (9/10) and 41495 (11/12).... 

The first 4 comic con exclusives weren't numbered.  Then when they released the general line they are numbered 1-12.  So it appears, when they release the next line, there will be a gap from 13-16 because of this years SDCC exclusives.

15 minutes ago, scatttcat said:

There are still a few groups that don't do the raffles. The large ones do though (Hasbro, LEGO, Funko (just started), Bandai)... However you will not convince me there aren't people on the inside avoiding these ticket lines and just getting a direct chance to buy them. They have already secured their copies back at preview night, happens every year. Just people with the "in" I guess. I have been going too long to know that everyone is not forced to play by the same rules at Comic Con. 

I understand what you're saying, but this has been going on forever with this type of thing and isn't only happening at conventions. The people with a good hook-up don't have to bother with the raffle, but they didn't have to waste their time in line before either. So those few people who have that connection are not changing how it all plays out whether they do raffles or some other system since they'll always get theirs. 

• Like 1

Lego confirmed only 2 this year? Phew Did they confirm 2 minifigs again too?

[edit] never mind I just saw the post from sdcc. Lol

Only reason I assumed it's 2 vs 4 is because each day was one set but spiderman can be had at 2 different days. So these may be for the other 2 days. They could potentially release 2 more. We shall see.

3 minutes ago, Lego Templar said:

Only reason I assumed it's 2 vs 4 is because each day was one set but spiderman can be had at 2 different days. So these may be for the other 2 days. They could potentially release 2 more. We shall see.

I think you may be right with only 2 this year.

http://sdccblog.com/2017/06/lego-san-diego-comic-con-2017-exclusives/

Blog states:

Spidey / Venom - $40  - Thursday, July 20 and Saturday, July 2

Supergirl / Martian Manhunter - $40  -  Friday, July 21 and Sunday, July 23

On 6/29/2017 at 1:41 PM, Lego Templar said:

I didn't pay much attention in the past when it comes to the announcements of these sets. Will we see stuff each week leading up to SDCC? Like next week the mini figs week after the display sets.

Minifigs will be late next week or early the following week I'd guess and that will be it.  I've seen you mention the display sets a few times but I'm not sure why you are expecting this. The Brickheadz are the exclusive sets and that's it. They've never had multiple styles of exclusive sets at one event before. 

Minifigs will be late next week or early the following week I'd guess and that will be it.  I've seen you mention the display sets a few times but I'm not sure why you are expecting this. The Brickheadz are the exclusive sets and that's it. They've never had multiple styles of exclusive sets at one event before. 

True. I forgot they didn't release one last year and yeah seems brickheadz replaced them. I like the brickheadz better so I'm ok with it. Hope the minifigure is good. Last 2 havnt really done much for me.

5 hours ago, Lego Templar said:

Has anyone been to a lego store today? I'm curious if the "adult build" for Wonder Woman is a numbered releases and if I should stop by tomorrow or not.

The build is not today.  Lego stores are allowing the first 80 customers per store that spend $75 or more to sign up for a time later this month to do the Wonder Woman build.  My store offered evening times July 18 and 20.  The did not have much details on the build kits themselves.

If you want to do the build, you should go ASAP as once the times fill up the build is closed.  I'm guessing most stores will have all slots full by tomorrow because they are telling every customer about it at checkout if they qualify.

Edited by JimboJet

The build is not today.  Lego stores are allowing the first 80 customers per store that spend $75 or more to sign up for a time later this month to do the Wonder Woman build.  My store offered evening times July 18 and 20.  The did not have much details on the build kits themselves.
If you want to do the build, you should go ASAP as once the times fill up the build is closed.  I'm guessing most stores will have all slots full by tomorrow because they are telling every customer about it at checkout if they qualify.

Yeah I called my store. Only 2 people signed up as of 2 hours ago. So I think I'll be ok. I'm going tomorrow after work

• 2 weeks later...