71017 - Minifigures - The LEGO Batman Movie: Series 1

Alpinemaps

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:51 PM, justapilgrim said:

the

You can split them up - batmans in one, villains in another, all the cops in another, and obscure villains in another.  If you get the vehicles, you are destined to get characters like tarantula, zerbra man, calendar man, and kite man - who are just extra mini characters not exactly made to go with the set.  So, this is a complete way to sucker you to buy at least get 2 of the 16 slots, or 4 of the 8 slot units to fit all the figures if you buy all the sets.  If you're gonna go deep, you might as well go the entire way.

WIth how lackluster the star wars theme is this year, this theme has my sons attention - and he's drug me into it as well.  It seems like they are going to cover just about every obscure and major batman character in this film.  So, this is going to be a great theme to collect, I think.

On 1/14/2017 at 7:45 PM, Legbrick said:

Where to buy a sealed Box?  Price?

If you can find some toy stores in the US that are willing to sell you the box sealed, that's your best bet. The other option is via eBay.  Each polybag is $3.99 each. Factor in tax and you'll get an accurate read on how much you should pay for them. So, for a box, you should pay $239.40 plus sales tax where applicable. If you order online, factor in shipping as well. Best of luck.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, godofpizza said:

i thought the sealed box were just with standard tape? no?

The brown box is sealed with clear packing tape. The actual box has those clear circular seals. Not the best method of sealing as they can easily be replaced.

51IobT9XPaL._SX300_.jpg

On 15-1-2017 at 1:45 AM, Legbrick said:

Where to buy a sealed Box?  Price?

Imo your best bet is currently to buy a sealed box from a trusted seller on bricklink. Sometimes you can get strip versions slightly cheaper. They come in a brown box as well, but the inner box is replaced with a plastic strip with minifig bags. The content is usually exactly the same, so if you plan on selling them individually this is the way to go.

8 minutes ago, Mhd747 said:

I've found the best way to buy a sealed box is wait 1-2 months after release and buy from german sellers on ebay, somehow there is a bunch of german sellers who have managed to secure 30+ sealed boxes

I was going to say "wouldn't shipping kill this" then I noticed your location.

I think you should try to get at least 20% off MSRP for a sealed box. So about 190€/$ for the Batman minifigures. The lowest is about 220€ right now, but it'll go down once initial demand starts waning.

7 minutes ago, oli8606 said:

Just as an information. One box of 60 contains 3 complete series

That's great! No spares then as there's 20 different figures.

• Like 1

On 1/15/2017 at 8:53 PM, stackables said:

If anyone has any extras of Lobster Batman, Fairy and Catman, let me know.  Still missing those 3.

I believe I have at least one of each if you are still looking. You can have them for cost + shipping. PM me if you are interested.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Mr_Coat said:

I believe I have at least one of each if you are still looking. You can have them for cost + shipping. PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for the offer but I was able to trade for everything I needed :)

I did find something interesting.  I traded for 2 catmans and somehow both were missing base plates.  Is anyone finding something similar?

34 minutes ago, Snipes7230 said:

What are people's thoughts on a full complete box. Hold it and wait, sell now or break down and sell individual sets?

In the US, each box will contain 3 full sets.  So far, I have kept one set for my own, sold one set, and am currently holding the last until after the movie premieres. I think that's a standard modus operandi to adapt.  It's safe and reasonable.

There is great potential to gain greater profit with selling individual figures but it takes longer time and also it's a gamble. I did the same with the Disney Series and I lucked out that they were in high demand.

• Like 1

Thanks for the offer but I was able to trade for everything I needed

I did find something interesting.  I traded for 2 catmans and somehow both were missing base plates.  Is anyone finding something similar?

Didn't you know that the real money is in base plates? Buy one, get a Catman for free

In the US, each box will contain 3 full sets.  So far, I have kept one set for my own, sold one set, and am currently holding the last until after the movie premieres. I think that's a standard modus operandi to adapt.  It's safe and reasonable.
There is great potential to gain greater profit with selling individual figures but it takes longer time and also it's a gamble. I did the same with the Disney Series and I lucked out that they were in high demand.

Cheers

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71017 - Minifigures - The LEGOhttps://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17326-71017-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie/ Batman Movie
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic