71017 - Minifigures - The LEGO Batman Movie: Series 1

Alpinemaps

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

20 in a set.  60 per case.

So we could have 3 sets per case.

Or, more likely (because this is LEGO) - 2 sets per case, and we'll end up with 3 and 4 of some of the figs.

yeah that is what I was curious to if anyone knew if they would give 3 sets without dupes, doesn't seem LEGO like

Just now, stackables said:

So these are going to cost more than $3.99?

rumor was they were doing 4.99 in parks on a lot of stuff as trial and eventually some of the license ones would stick with that.  Who knows though.

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

yeah that is what I was curious to if anyone knew if they would give 3 sets without dupes, doesn't seem LEGO like

rumor was they were doing 4.99 in parks on a lot of stuff as trial and eventually some of the license ones would stick with that.  Who knows though.

$300+ for a box....ouch!

• Like 1

My favs:

Eraserhead: The printing on the body and head make for an interesting look. The printed tile is cool also.

Swimming pool Batman: The molded duck floaty ring is awesome.

Commissioner Gordon: The detail on the torso is really cool and the hair piece is nice. Too bad it's just a walkie but at least there is a printed wanted poster of the Joker.

Least favs:

Orca: Yeah it's a recolored Shark suit guy that's supposed to be a whale now. I understand why they went that route but in the end I smell a little bit of laziness. (At least the head piece is a printed mouth and tongue so that might be good for other costume type minifigs.

Joker: (yeah I went there) The face is just not great...what's with the tooth? I guess I might need to see the movie to see if it makes sense. Perhaps there is an alt face on the back. The hairpiece is nice but the rest of the torso might seem a little plain but I guess it can be re-purposed pretty easily with other figs.

Fav accessories:

Calculator Helmet, Duck Floaty (so awesome), Joker wanted poster

Minifig most likely to give me nightmares:

Fairy Batman

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stackables said:

So these are going to cost more than $3.99?

I read somewhere that these were going to be 3.99 Euros each, so I'm guessing still $3.99 in the US

3 hours ago, Stud-Flipper said:

On a serious note, any chance there could be a head under Red Hood's dome?

Take a look here, a few posts down.  You can see Red Hood's head - http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/143240-the-lego-batman-movie-setcmf-rumors-discussion/&page=195

• Like 1

the local pricing in Singapore has been announced to be SGD $7.90 a packet (equivalent to $5 USD)... this is an increase of 40% from Disney/S16 pricing of SGD $5.50 a packet ($3.80 USD)!
just waiting to see the pricing in US/UK now... voting with my wallet as the increase is nuts...

They still don't get it. People are going to stop buying these, especially resellers.

I actually like The Calculator and King Tut fits well into the 60's Batman stuff and also regular Egyptian MOC settings. March Harriet from the torso down is alright but the recolored bunny costume head is silly. They gave Catwoman her proper head of hair with cat ears so why not here? Maybe they were afraid of making the closest to what could be considered a Playboy bunny. Glam Metal Batman is awesome and so is Orca who with a head swap could go right next to Shark Guy ....when he is making his next candy gram.

So, couple days later...

I still really like this minifigure series, but unlike other series, I don't feel compelled to get a bunch of multiples.  I will probably get a couple of Orcas, so I can have one with a regular minifig head (a la Left Shark), and then use the minifigure head from the Orca to put on a Left Shark to make that one look menacing. 

On 11/23/2016 at 9:47 PM, Alpinemaps said:

I will probably get a couple of Orcas, so I can have one with a regular minifig head (a la Left Shark), and then use the minifigure head from the Orca to put on a Left Shark to make that one look menacing. 

For some reason, your post just reminded me of how absolutely terrifying it would be to fall into a pool with an orca in it. I'm genuinely afraid of them and the color scheme just makes it that much worse. IMO, I'd probably rather swim with a great white shark for a few minutes than a killer whale.

Edited by Stud-Flipper

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71017 - Minifigures - The LEGOhttps://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17326-71017-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie/ Batman Movie
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic