71017 - Minifigures - The LEGO Batman Movie: Series 1

Alpinemaps

You guys make me laugh.  At this point, I love standing there smooshing.  It's fun.  You meet some interesting people.  A grandma (woman in her late 60s) and her 5 year old grandson were smooshing Series 16.  She was an expert, telling me what to look for on Series 16. 

In all seriousness, this series is really easy to smoosh, even without the magic basket.  There are some easily recognizable parts that you can figure out quickly.  Sometimes, they're unique.  Other times, they're unique to just one or to figs (like the 2x2 tile), but then there are unique pieces to help figure it out.

I can share my feel guide, if you guys want.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

You guys make me laugh.  At this point, I love standing there smooshing.  It's fun.  You meet some interesting people.  A grandma (woman in her late 60s) and her 5 year old grandson were smooshing Series 16.  She was an expert, telling me what to look for on Series 16. 

In all seriousness, this series is really easy to smoosh, even without the magic basket.  There are some easily recognizable parts that you can figure out quickly.  Sometimes, they're unique.  Other times, they're unique to just one or to figs (like the 2x2 tile), but then there are unique pieces to help figure it out.

I can share my feel guide, if you guys want.

I just haven't had the time.  Maybe someday...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, c_rpg said:

Yeah, it helps to have one of those cheap microgram scales and a list of the weight of each figure. I use it to sort through the most obvious ones and only smoosh the ones that are similar in weight. Everything up to about 100 micrograms difference can be done with just a scale. Though it's still a lot of (boring) work. Gotta get a full box at a decent discount over RRP to make it worth it.

I just roll in my CT-scanner .... I get some funny looks but the smooshing is a breeze.

• Like 3

Here's my "feel" guide for the Batman set.  It helps to be looking at pictures while you're doing this.  (*sigh*)

# Figure Tells
1 Lobster-Lovin' Batman lobster, plate
2 Glam Metal Batman guitar
3 Fairy Batman tutu, wand, wings
4 Clan of the Cave Batman club
5 Vacation Batman flippers, duck ring
6 Barbara Gordon cuffs, 1x1 plate, 1x1 round plate
7 Commissioner Gordon walkie talkie, 2x2 tile
8 Arkham Asylum Joker cuffs, hair
9 Dick Grayson old style gun, 1x1 round brick
10 Pink Power Batgirl scaluped skirt, batarang, hair
11 Red Hood 2 guns, large round headpiece
12 Eraser 2x2 plate, 1x1 round brick, no head
13 Nurse Harley Quinn hair, 2x2 plate
14 Orca left shark head piece
15 Zodiac Master fish, crab
16 Catman claws, belt
17 March Harriet bunny ears, long gun
18 Calculator 1x1 tile, helmet
19 King Tut staff, snake
20 Mime 2 lightning blasts, mohawk
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, MinifiguresPlus said:

I've been running my Indiana-based business from Minneapolis for the last few years. 

You are probably aware, but I just learned that Brickmania is also out this way.

@MinifiguresPlus Actually I had no idea Brickmania was out here. Do you have a brick & mortar or strictly online? I want to order a case of batman cmf's from you but if you're local I'd love to just pick it up. 

7 hours ago, CM4Sci said:

Ha! Went to TRU today and they had 2 boxes so I felt out 20 packs and got a whole set! They had everything, everything for 2017! I got them to price match me too, so I saved $20. 

Can you share the price match link?  I'm having a hard time finding one.

55 minutes ago, Jman444 said:

Can you share the price match link?  I'm having a hard time finding one.

I just told them "the tag says 4.99 but they're 3.99 on your site" and she checked, brought a manager over to verify, and that was it. Simple and easy. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CM4Sci said:

I just told them "the tag says 4.99 but they're 3.99 on your site" and she checked, brought a manager over to verify, and that was it. Simple and easy. 

Ah, I thought it was Target that you price matched.  I didn't realize TRU online had a lower price.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 71017 - Minifigures - The LEGOhttps://community.brickpicker.com/topic/17326-71017-minifigures-the-lego-batman-movie/ Batman Movie
  • Alpinemaps unpinned this topic