10254 - Winter Holiday Train

DadsAFOL

3 minutes ago, John82 said:

You didn't honestly think Lego would be retiring this after one xmas did you?

It will be here next xmas, and the xmas after that.

No. Maybe naïve, but I was kinda hoping this would remain somewhat exclusive.

Winter Toy Shop is readily available everywhere. Holiday Train is now limit 5 and popping up at retailers too so looks like they are pushing these out in large quantities.

Just now, c_rpg said:

No. Maybe naïve, but I was kinda hoping this would remain somewhat exclusive.

Winter Toy Shop is readily available everywhere. Holiday Train is now limit 5 and popping up at retailers too so looks like they are pushing these out in large quantities.

It would be nice if it was a 1 year release, would be absolute gold if it were. I wish they would start doing limited editions, the winter village theme would be perfect for short runs.

Out of interest does anyone know how many of these are in a carton?

No doubt this will be at John Lewis soon.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Damn! I have one listed for sale ;-(

The Winter Village Market and Santa's Workshop kept returning like a smelly fart.

Edited by TabbyBoy

• 6 months later...
2 minutes ago, BrickSamurai said:

Even without a discount promo - this set should do well after it retires as there's no telling how long it'll take TLG to release another set like it. I think it'll do well, maybe not as well as the original one, which is still highly sought after but it should do well.

based on this and the last one I will say 10 years

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Migration said:

You will need the ir receiver and remote to control the speed. It will run wide open with just the motor and battery box and you will spend much time putting it back together from crashes (the rechargeable pack may have a speed control on it)

Even with a remote, there is still the chance the train might go flying off the table that you have the track on, sending it careening off the side because you're testing to see how fast it can take the curves.

Or so I've heard.  From a friend.

• Like 8

Even with a remote, there is still the chance the train might go flying off the table that you have the track on, sending it careening off the side because you're testing to see how fast it can take the curves.
Or so I've heard.  From a friend.

There is a two curve limit, and no "s" curves or chicanes, or so I've heard. From my wife.

12 hours ago, BRIX23 said:

Want to add power to this set.  Is the IR receiver(8884)/remote(8879) required or can I get it running with only the motor(88002) and battery pack(88000)?  Asking because all parts are available except the IR receiver until after Christmas.  

just keep an eye out for a deal on 60051, 60052 or 60098.   found a 60051 at walmart for $60 last year and used that for the christmas train, and have seen both 60052 and 60098 for around $100 with gcs and sales.  the power functions and track in 60052 would run you close to $100 retail.

• Like 2