71011 - Minifigures - Series 15

TheOrcKing

Series 15  

123 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your most favorite Minifigure from Series 15?

• Farmer
    • Astronaut
    • Frightening Knight
    • Clumsy Guy
    • Tribal Woman
    • Flying Warrior
    • Faun
    • Animal Control
    • Janitor
    • Ballerina
    • Laser Mech
    • Kendo Fighter
    • Shark Suit Guy
    • Wrestling Champion
    • Jewel Thief
    • Queen
    • None
  2. 2. Who is your least favorite Minifigure from Series 15?

• Farmer
    • Astronaut
    • Frightening Knight
    • Clumsy Guy
    • Tribal Woman
    • Flying Warrior
    • Faun
    • Animal Control
    • Janitor
    • Ballerina
    • Laser Mech
    • Kendo Fighter
    • Shark Suit Guy
    • Wrestling Champion
    • Jewel Thief
    • Queen
    • None
  3. 3. From a scale of one to ten, how would you rate Series 15?

• 1 - Dull
    • 2 - Poor
    • 3 - Mediocre
    • 4 - Below average
    • 5 - Average
    • 6 - Above average
    • 7 - Well done
    • 8 - Superb
    • 9 - Excellent
    • 10 - Perfect

Well this series is looking like a very short run.  I have never seen them appear in any of the local walmarts.  Saw them briefly at a target, found them multiple times at TRU, and not a single walgreens in my area has them.  Far cry from previous series.  I think the disney series is going to be flush to the brim and all over the place, but series 15 could be that silent series that came out briefly, and went just as fast.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, fossilrock said:

Well this series is looking like a very short run.  I have never seen them appear in any of the local walmarts.  Saw them briefly at a target, found them multiple times at TRU, and not a single walgreens in my area has them.  Far cry from previous series.  I think the disney series is going to be flush to the brim and all over the place, but series 15 could be that silent series that came out briefly, and went just as fast.

It's looking like it, but then Series 14 Monsters made a big comeback after Halloween after it sold out its initial run. I am glad that I have a sealed box because this series is my favorite one in quite a while.

Just now, oneknightr said:

This may be a stupid question, but I have an opportunity to get two boxes (boxes unsealed but packs sealed) for $2/pack. Should I buy them all? The only hesitation I have is the work needed to smoosh, sort, and sell. Again, most likely a stupid question.

If you don't buy, PM me. ;)

• Like 5

22 hours ago, fossilrock said:

I hear the same thing about 13 and 14 and they came back BIG.

this series finally hit the 3 Targets and Walmarts I frequent in the last week in the northeast.  even spotted some at STOP and SHOP grocery store.  Series 15 are at all checkout lanes next to the Poe's Xwing poly's which are still overflowing at the targets.  also seems like there has been a giant restocking of all Star Wars LEGO  at Target and Walmart except for Poe's Xwing which is scarce (i'm partly to blame).

24 minutes ago, MarxMarvelous said:

I hear the same thing about 13 and 14 and they came back BIG.

Maybe, we shall see.  I'm personally done investing in anymore minifigure lines, because the amount of people holding these makes for a very slow grind.  So, even if it doesn't come back, i'm not going to make an effort to collect anymore than the complete set I got for my son.

But, with the disney line coming out in another few weeks, I think this line is nearing it's end.  I also don't think this line has much going for it, and find series 15 the weakest series over the last few years.  I'm not saying walmarts, walgreens etc in my area won't eventually get a case, but I think we will instead see a massive release of disney minifigures in the next month, and series 15 will be an afterthought.  If I recall series 15 wasn't released until February, so it only had about a 3 month cycle, which isn't like series 14 or 13.  Series 14 came out in september 2015 and lasted until february 2016, and series 13 was from mid december 2014 to May 2015. 

6 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

Maybe, we shall see.  I'm personally done investing in anymore minifigure lines, because the amount of people holding these makes for a very slow grind.  So, even if it doesn't come back, i'm not going to make an effort to collect anymore than the complete set I got for my son.

But, with the disney line coming out in another few weeks, I think this line is nearing it's end.  I also don't think this line has much going for it, and find series 15 the weakest series over the last few years.  I'm not saying walmarts, walgreens etc in my area won't eventually get a case, but I think we will instead see a massive release of disney minifigures in the next month, and series 15 will be an afterthought.  If I recall series 15 wasn't released until February, so it only had about a 3 month cycle, which isn't like series 14 or 13.  Series 14 came out in september 2015 and lasted until february 2016, and series 13 was from mid december 2014 to May 2015. 

I don't invest in them either anymore. Not after the 12 and 13 overproduction. I still do get one set for my collection though.

• 2 weeks later...
On April 5, 2016 at 2:02 PM, Bags751 said:

I found series 15 in a Stop and Shop supermarket once. I rarely find CMF in Targets around here.

Target in Westwood has a ton in the toy section (on one of those side cap racks). Most other Targets hide CMF at checkout with the polybags.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2016 at 11:24 AM, fossilrock said:

i sell all sharks before they even get home, FWIW

Edited by jerryherb

• 1 month later...

I couldn't find a topic for this so I took the liberty of creating one.

Series 16 is out so I guess that series 15 is heading for EOL. Is it common to have two series available at the same time?

I suppose there are more owners of series 15 Minifigs than there have ever been till date due to the popularity of Lego and to the great line of Minifigs. Many people building cities with modular's, etc... have been putting a Clumsy Guy or a Janitor on the buildings.

I bike even this series will do very well once it's finished even though Minifigs such as the Shark Guy come in at 5 in each sealed box of 60 minifigures.

Thoughts?

3 hours ago, miguelze said:

I couldn't find a topic for this so I took the liberty of creating one.

Series 16 is out so I guess that series 15 is heading for EOL. Is it common to have two series available at the same time?

I suppose there are more owners of series 15 Minifigs than there have ever been till date due to the popularity of Lego and to the great line of Minifigs. Many people building cities with modular's, etc... have been putting a Clumsy Guy or a Janitor on the buildings.

I bike even this series will do very well once it's finished even though Minifigs such as the Shark Guy come in at 5 in each sealed box of 60 minifigures.

Thoughts?

There is a ton of stock left, so yeah there might be some overlap with series 16, but they are not going to make any additional series 15 minifigures.

Series 15 has been overproduced. I think post EOL performance will be comparable to series 13. Looking at that one it hasn't been stellar unless you got a few boxes below retail.

• 2 weeks later...