Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

Found a fix for the 404 error! When the url comes up in the address bar if you delete the 'p' after the item number it will load the product page and let you add to cart. I just put in four orders and have about 8 more to do, but thought I would spread the workaround first. I have a store near my father in law that has 8 Brick Bounties in stock!

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Veegs said:

Found a fix for the 404 error! When the url comes up in the address bar if you delete the 'p' after the item number it will load the product page and let you add to cart. I just put in four orders and have about 8 more to do, but thought I would spread the workaround first. I have a store near my father in law that has 8 Brick Bounties in stock!

Thanks Veggs, that works perfectly!

There doesn't seem to be enough stock to part out, I'm only finding low quantities (under 4)... so I'll let you guys have all the fun. :)

Edit: There seems to be good stuff at the Canadian Tire of Montreal Nord (6000 Henri-Bourassa).

Edited by Stragus

2 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Part of the haul I just got .. Scored another brick bounty and 2 train station half price

Have a look at the Canadian Tire of Montreal Nord too. They had Train Stations at half price when I checked (online) a few minutes ago, among other things.

Oh, and let me know if you would like to come fill up your stock of shipping boxes. ;)

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Thanks Veggs, that works perfectly!

There doesn't seem to be enough stock to part out, I'm only finding low quantities (under 4)... so I'll let you guys have all the fun. :)

Edit: There seems to be good stuff at the Canadian Tire of Montreal Nord (6000 Henri-Bourassa).

They do have maybe 250 sets on hand not many on special and not many qty of each ... But they have a great slection, bought 6 bounty from that store 2 weeks ago at 85$ each ... ;)

26 minutes ago, Stragus said:

Have a look at the Canadian Tire of Montreal Nord too. They had Train Stations at half price when I checked (online) a few minutes ago, among other things.

Oh, and let me know if you would like to come fill up your stock of shipping boxes. ;)

I'm out of town t'ill october 13th, but would enjoy getting your box.. especially if you have few lego original shipping box:) but can't go before october 13. Let me know !

Well, my order cancelled rate was around 40%, but I put in enough orders that some good stuff came through. The eight Brick Bounties were the highlight, some Poe's Xwing at 50% off, Phantoms at 20% off, z-95s at 50% off, some Coast Guard 60014s and a couple trains all are 'available for pickup' this morning. Hopefully 7 or 8 cards come in the mail in a couple weeks (one order was part cancelled so not sure I'll get the promo card with it). I did get a bunch of cancelled orders, too, though. Ridiculous online stock system.

• Like 4

Ha!  Hopefully this helps them to realise they need to keep better track of stock.  It wouldn't surprise me if this is the start of a "clean-up" of their inventory.  Hopefully it's back up in a couple of days, and the online inventory reflects the actual stock.

Edited by Codes

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎/‎09‎/‎26 at 7:54 PM, Codes said:

It's pretty sparse out West.  Best thing I've found so far are First Order Transports  for $54.99.  I don't have one for myself, so I might play Canadian Tire Online Stock roulette for a couple of those!

I picked one of these up at my local CT in New Brunswick Friday for $54.93 - a few stores in this area have them in stock.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, kd123 said:

So aside from veegs did anyone else get anything from Canadian tire online?  I still see a whole bunch of Lego items listed but when you add it to your cart it says item is discontinued.  

I picked up a couple of  First Order Transports  for $54.99.  There were potentially a couple of interesting sets lingering around, but they were just too far away to justify.

Was just to a local CT last evening (Ottawa), picking up more inventory bins since they are on sale again, noticed they've finally stocked the toy asiles - a full row of Lego! at least 5 separate endcaps had larger sets from last year on sale (just 20% off thou) but just one or two of each set - Construction site, Passenger/hauler train, Airport, crooks hidout&swamp station, city square etc.  none of the Starwars and recent sets were on sale but red-shirt girl said they would be next week for November.

Odd thing I noticed, there was a paper sign in the Christmas decoration section requesting people not to put up decorations until November 12th to support our vets & remembrance day - thought that was a nice gesture.

Edited by Thumper

43 minutes ago, Shneebs said:

Which ones are you buying Thumper? I just picked one of these up for $22.69:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mastercraft-heavy-duty-deep-storage-tote-210-l-1421294p.html#srp

This trip was just to pick up another 25 or so shelf-bins for the sorted inventory using these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ziploc-large-rectangle-containers-2-pk-0535219p.html

For these smaller lots of parts I much prefer the older Glad 2L food saver bins, especially the Christmas ones in green and red (green for new parts red for used) but they don't seem to make them anymore.  Larger lot sizes of shelf bins I use the stackable Rubbermaid storage boxes - I get those from Home Hardware (they're a little bit more expensive but as far as I know they're the last Canadian home building store in existence so I like to use them when I can)

For larger long term storage I go with the Rubbermaid rough neck 140L hightops. (when they go on half price, I have 200 of them from the last move so I won't need more of those for awhile :-)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rubbermaid-roughneck-jumbo-hightop-tote-140-l-1428067p.html

here's a look at my mess, abit unorganized as I was still moving in at the time - oh, please excuse the little orange car taking up half the picture, self-gift...

op.jpg

• Like 2

This trip was just to pick up another 25 or so shelf-bins for the sorted inventory using these:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/ziploc-large-rectangle-containers-2-pk-0535219p.html

For these smaller lots of parts I much prefer the older Glad 2L food saver bins, especially the Christmas ones in green and red (green for new parts red for used) but they don't seem to make them anymore.  Larger lot sizes of shelf bins I use the stackable Rubbermaid storage boxes - I get those from Home Hardware (they're a little bit more expensive but as far as I know they're the last Canadian home building store in existence so I like to use them when I can)

For larger long term storage I go with the Rubbermaid rough neck 140L hightops. (when they go on half price, I have 200 of them from the last move so I won't need more of those for awhile :-)

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/rubbermaid-roughneck-jumbo-hightop-tote-140-l-1428067p.html

here's a look at my mess, abit unorganized as I was still moving in at the time - oh, please excuse the little orange car taking up half the picture, self-gift...

op.jpg

Unorganized... right. :)
  • Like 2