Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

Gah. Probably useless then. Got in touch with a collector who is downsizing, selling off (current) UCS and modulars at retail, tax free. Better use of funds I reckon. My CT didn't have any of the sweet clearances this thread discussed, which leads me to have little faith they'll have sweet clearances on Saturday. Can't win em all I guess. 

Edited by Zelgazra

My North Van CT still had some lego, all of it on clearance but hardly any of it marked, had to use the price checker to confirm. Once confirmed, I went to customer service desk and asked "If I buy these today on Credit, and get a Gift Card in the mail a week or two from now, can I return them and re-buy them on the gift card?" and the reply was "Of course, just bring your receipt in and we can do it without the product." 

Kicking myself for not phoning and asking on Boxing Day as I had a $10 ebay coupon which I couldn't otherwise find a good use for... it's expired now (27th, doh) but the $90 GCs are still available. Anyway, if you grab some GCs and then go grab stock (or even potentially use it on stock you've already grabbed) after the mailing duration, you should be good to go on the exchange!

It worked out conveniently for me as there's a CT around the corner from work, so I can stop in there literally any day of my work week.  Not so for everyone obviously. Worth a note though. Worst case you bring the product back and return then re-buy I guess. $10 is $10!

It is really only $7.22 ;)

59 minutes ago, redghostx said:

$10 is 7.22 US, without the bank taking its cut.

I still don't get it at all .. it's 90Cad to buy for 100Cad gift/card certificate .. where are you taaking the 7.22US here .. Amount on the card is still 100$ and you pay 90$ .. I my missing something ?

+ what bank taking its cut ?  .. need more infos

*** this seller has sold 3,283 cards since thursday .. at 90$  = 295 470$ in less than a week only for Canadian Tire .. think about all the other he is offering! , hope someone is helping him packaging ! lolllllllll

Edited by gravtation

51 minutes ago, gravtation said:

I still don't get it at all .. it's 90Cad to buy for 100Cad gift/card certificate .. where are you taaking the 7.22US here .. Amount on the card is still 100$ and you pay 90$ .. I my missing something ?

+ what bank taking its cut ?  .. need more infos

*** this seller has sold 3,283 cards since thursday .. at 90$  = 295 470$ in less than a week only for Canadian Tire .. think about all the other he is offering! , hope someone is helping him packaging ! lolllllllll

This looks like the company that supplies all the big box stores with all the giftcards.

2 hours ago, Zelgazra said:

My North Van CT still had some lego, all of it on clearance but hardly any of it marked, had to use the price checker to confirm. Once confirmed, I went to customer service desk and asked "If I buy these today on Credit, and get a Gift Card in the mail a week or two from now, can I return them and re-buy them on the gift card?" and the reply was "Of course, just bring your receipt in and we can do it without the product."

This type of purchasing is not ethical... Why are you encouraging people to do this? That's how all the good promotions and policies that stores have disappear .. when people abuse the process.

Any more posts about this on Brickpicker will be deleted and I'm only leaving this one here because I want people to read my response.

If you'd like to discuss further, please PM me or another mod about it. Thanks.