Canadian Tire Clearance MADNESS!

Veegs

17 minutes ago, Sandwraith said:

Was in a local CT the other day looking for some car washing stuff (it's getting to be that season :)!) and this location has not put their toys section away yet (or maybe they never do).

They had a ton of Phantoms, AAT's, and Skyhoppers of note. I picked up a couple more Phantoms, but if anyone is interested in any of the mentioned just let me know. Sadly all at full price as i guess X-mas clearances have been removed by now at this location.

I'm interested if you don't mind sharing the location and have taken your share of the carcass. ;)

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/20/2016 at 0:59 AM, massakassa said:

Was just browsing the CT website and saw that they still had some Brick Bounty's scattered around town, East Toronto, retail price but still might be worth checking out. Not ordering any myself so have at it!

I went to that store the other day and was surprised to see they had a full aisle of Lego, fully stocked with the latest sets. But no sign of the Bounty. I figured they're probably in a bin in the warehouse but the floor jockey wasn't any help so I ordered all 6 online and it now shows that they have none and I received a confirmation that my order is being processed but still waiting for confirmation that it's complete. I used to work at Cdn Tire years ago and it is not uncommon for their inventory numbers to be off, but 6 Brick Bounties would be a significant screw up so here's hoping it pans out. 

15 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

I went to that store the other day and was surprised to see they had a full aisle of Lego, fully stocked with the latest sets. But no sign of the Bounty. I figured they're probably in a bin in the warehouse but the floor jockey wasn't any help so I ordered all 6 online and it now shows that they have none and I received a confirmation that my order is being processed but still waiting for confirmation that it's complete. I used to work at Cdn Tire years ago and it is not uncommon for their inventory numbers to be off, but 6 Brick Bounties would be a significant screw up so here's hoping it pans out. 

During the AT-AT and ISD clearances last Christmas i experienced my fair share of online orders getting cancelled because the store didn't actually have any stock. Frustrating that's for sure! I had more luck with Ant-Mans though, so that was nice.

41 minutes ago, jeff_14 said:

A full aisle of Lego at CT at this time of year is indeed surprising, haven't seen any Lego at my local CT so might be a one off location. Well i hope the Brick Bounty's pan out, 6 missing bounty's would be a major discrepancy indeed. Do hope we will see another CT Lego clearance madness this year.

4 minutes ago, massakassa said:

A full aisle of Lego at CT at this time of year is indeed surprising, haven't seen any Lego at my local CT so might be a one off location. Well i hope the Brick Bounty's pan out, 6 missing bounty's would be a major discrepancy indeed. Do hope we will see another CT Lego clearance madness this year.

I have noticed toys in more GTA area Canadian Tires over the summer than I have seen in years past. Newmarket, Bay and Dundas, Warden/Eglinton, Kingston/St Clair all have toy sections with varying amounts. Some even have clearance prices on odd sets like the Ninjago serpent scene I got the other week at Kingston/St Clair, which are never advertised so you have to do some legwork as the Tire will clearance random things at random times

So here's the conclusion of the Brick Bounty saga, and another example of why Crappy Tire sucks online. I got an email on Friday night saying that my order for the 6 Brick Bounties was cancelled "on my instruction". No such instruction was ever given. I check the site to see what it says now and the Brick Bounty has vanished from their system like a pirate ghost ship, even though I remember it showing as available at a few other locations. I seem to have been the catalyst for its complete removal. 

On September 6, 2016 at 9:57 AM, jeff_14 said:

So here's the conclusion of the Brick Bounty saga, and another example of why Crappy Tire sucks online. I got an email on Friday night saying that my order for the 6 Brick Bounties was cancelled "on my instruction". No such instruction was ever given. I check the site to see what it says now and the Brick Bounty has vanished from their system like a pirate ghost ship, even though I remember it showing as available at a few other locations. I seem to have been the catalyst for its complete removal. 

Thats sucks, but it was worth the try. If it worked out it would have been quite the score.

• 3 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, kd123 said:

Here we go again! 

I remember this from last year.  Buying to get the $50 was easy, selection afterwards to spend the $50 was a challenge.  

I found so many AT-AT's to buy at %20 off in groups of 2 to get these discount cards, then turned around and used them on ISD's. Good times... 

• Like 1

Spoiler

Hate online ordering promo, their inventory is a complete mess .. Placed 3 orders of over 200$ Each.. 2 got missing items...now will I still get my 2x 50$ ? It´s not my problem if their inventory s... I couldn't know I did what I've needed to do to get that card...

Edited by gravtation

Ahah, this is so pathetic. Product lists show a bunch of "Image not available", trying to open pages for any individual item produces a 404, and the "Add to cart" button doesn't work.

Anyway, this $50 off over $250 is just 20% off... In a couple days, we'll have 2x VIP plus freebie worth at least $20 at LEGO Shop at Home.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stragus said:

Ahah, this is so pathetic. Product lists show a bunch of "Image not available", trying to open pages for any individual item produces a 404, and the "Add to cart" button doesn't work.

Anyway, this $50 off over $250 is just 20% off... In a couple days, we'll have 2x VIP plus freebie worth at least $20 at LEGO Shop at Home.

Completely agree. What a disaster.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stragus said:

True, but most around me have in store clearance between 20-30% already, so stacking this would be a no-brainer. My order of 3 50% off Poe's X were already cancelled (from yesterday) but I am determined to keep trying. A few retired sets are in stock (I've seen them with my own eyes) around me but I want the darn $50 card, too!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, gravtation said:

Still scored 2 pirates ship at 95$ each, 3 ninjago sets already 50% off, 2 cinderellàs castle 50% off, 2 cargo train 50% off good deal, 4 star wars transportation 50% off.. And few cancellation .. But at the end decent haul.

Nice!

So, was the website actually working fine earlier today? Because it's utterly broken at the moment.