75159 - UCS: Death Star (2016)

No More Monkeys

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what 75159 is (I haven't been keeping up to much with all the rumors)? Also, does 75159 have anything to do with what has happened to 10188 this summer? I just took a look at the prices on eBay. Holy cow, that thing is getting dumped on right now. Brand new under $500?!?! It was in the high $500s earlier this summer. 

1 minute ago, bigboy61 said:

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what 75159 is (I haven't been keeping up to much with all the rumors)? Also, does 75159 have anything to do with what has happened to 10188 this summer? I just took a look at the prices on eBay. Holy cow, that thing is getting dumped on right now. Brand new under $500?!?! It was in the high $500s earlier this summer. 

Nothing has happened - all is well.

I don't know what you think you see, but don't worry - it isn't there.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bigboy61 said:

Can someone give me a quick synopsis of what 75159 is (I haven't been keeping up to much with all the rumors)? Also, does 75159 have anything to do with what has happened to 10188 this summer? I just took a look at the prices on eBay . Holy cow, that thing is getting dumped on right now. Brand new under $500?!?! It was in the high $500s earlier this summer. 

75159 = 10188 + minifig refresh + $100

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bigboy61 said:

image.gif

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bigboy61 said:

75159:

Will go into history as the number that made it possible for lego investors to go on early retirement without loosing face in the brickpicker community. It provided a good and legitimate excuse to bail out and leave. It was Lego themselves who gradually signaled the end of reselling is nigh and worse is to come. Thus doing the awake and obeying reseller a favour. A last chance to exit without too much damage. Once 75159 becomes a selling success more numbers with the same meaning will follow. Only making the exit more risky and less smooth with every number that gets revealed.   

6 hours ago, Vinetu said:

Well @Ed Mack, some of us perhaps haven't known for a fact, but nevertheless had quite a strong feeling what was the potential evolution for 10188. I am really not gloating here, I would just like to point out that some of the matter-of-fact criticism towards less experienced members of the board, that very prominent members of this forum are often prone to, is sometimes misplaced. Not to mention the zealous dismissal of just2good's reputation when he first registered.

DS was always an investment powder barrel, and apart perhaps @asharerin and @fossilrock everyone here was extremely aggressive in dismissing that statement without even a shred of self-doubt. I just hope we all have learned something from this: Gut feeling and (board) experience are no substitute for a proper risk/benefit analysis... :) That's coming from a guy who stocked on 10 Super Cycle Chases for that matter (ok, 50% off), I was just never so assertive in saying that was THE investment providence we've all been waiting for :D 

Actually, my comment wasn't directed toward or even involved @just2good .  I actually enjoy his posts and many here are thankful for his input and info sharing. 

Thus I'm sure even sure of the purpose of your post.

Our forum community welcome members who contribute insightful and informative content such as posts, set reviews, blogs, introducing themselves and just chatting about the wonderful thing we call a Lego brick .

1 minute ago, jaisonline said:

Actually, my comment wasn't directed toward or even involved @just2good .  I actually enjoy his posts and many here are thankful for his input and info sharing. 

I'm sure even sure if the purpose of your post.

I have no idea what he is referring to.  I irritate people all the time so it could be me...or not.  I know who he is and I can't recall him posting here.  Why would I want to turn away good info?  

9 minutes ago, LegoSox said:

In that case, we'll definitely need to do a cover of Tommy Tutone's "Jenny."

D-S-7-5-1-5-9

Would seem appropriate since (1) if the writing was in fact  on the wall for this remake, it was on a bathroom stall, and (2) the design and/or marketing team was likely in the bathroom when they hatched this remake...

BTW, first post.  Really enjoy the site.  Lots of good info and you all crack me up.

Actually, the words of the prophets are written on the subway walls

and tenement halls...

:D

• Like 9