Forum Update

As someone mentioned earlier, you might want to submit a suggestion for a "Page 1, 2, 3...44" post links after each thread, or maybe even just a "last post" or "most recent post" link under each thread.  When you view Unread Content, this feature is no longer displayed.  It might be something you can turn on as well.

The app works well again...

20 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

As someone mentioned earlier, you might want to submit a suggestion for a "Page 1, 2, 3...44" post links after each thread, or maybe even just a "last post" or "most recent post" link under each thread.  When you view Unread Content, this feature is no longer displayed.  It might be something you can turn on as well.

The app works well again...

This is my biggest complaint so far

submit this for a fix

i can't find a way I can do that

Grrr...even when I "Clear all" i keep getting the same test notifications every time I view the site. I'm not logging out, just opening up new chrome windows when I come back to browse. I've even tried clicking the block notifications pop up, but I'm still getting this issue.

Edited by BrickStanley74

51 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I put this in the site update threat, but my new content settings aren't savying. I make and save a new stream and it reverts back to previous settings everytime.

Just to clarify, when you select your custom stream under Activity -> My Active Stream, it is resulted in the default stream being shown on screen and not based on the settings you saved ?

9 hours ago, BrickStanley74 said:

Grrr...even when I "Clear all" i keep getting the same test notifications every time I view the site. I'm not logging out, just opening up new chrome windows when I come back to browse. I've even tried clicking the block notifications pop up, but I'm still getting this issue.

I think you are talking about the little icon you see in the corner that pops up for alerts.  Just give me a little time with this and I will explain everything on what we will do with it.  I needed to get the scripts out there for setup.  Just ignore for now.

5 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

I think you are talking about the little icon you see in the corner that pops up for alerts.  Just give me a little time with this and I will explain everything on what we will do with it.  I needed to get the scripts out there for setup.  Just ignore for now.

There was a time when I could not clear this yesterday, but was able to do it at night.  

I actually like that little bell.  It saves me from scrolling up to see notifications ;)

6 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

There was a time when I could not clear this yesterday, but was able to do it at night.  

I actually like that little bell.  It saves me from scrolling up to see notifications ;)

11 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

Thanks, Jeff. Consider it ignored. Like Darth, I too like the idea of it...although every time I see the Bell it makes me want to run out and grab that 4th meal :) 

25 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just a note, the little bell icon has nothing to do with the forum.  I will explain more over the next day or so. Just waiting to get s few things setup.

On the "view unread content" page, is there any way to make the click/tap targets bigger for opening a thread's unread content? It actually works okay on a computer, but web access on mobile is pretty tricky and sometimes takes me multiple tries to tap on the dot.

43 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just to clarify, when you select your custom stream under Activity -> My Active Stream, it is resulted in the default stream being shown on screen and not based on the settings you saved ?

I have a default setting. I make a new stream. Save it as "my stream" it's not saved, don't know where to find it, and it reverts back to the previous default setting.

9 minutes ago, kahuka said:

On the "view unread content" page, is there any way to make the click/tap targets bigger for opening a thread's unread content? It actually works okay on a computer, but web access on mobile is pretty tricky and sometimes takes me multiple tries to tap on the dot.

I will ask them if the main link can take you to the latest post instead of the dot.  Not sure what they will say to that.

The dots are pretty sizable though.  This is a screenshot from my iPad, i will look at my phone later.

2015-10-28_10-17-19.jpg.181f7fc89f7e6662

8 minutes ago, rcdb1984 said:

I have a default setting. I make a new stream. Save it as "my stream" it's not saved, don't know where to find it, and it reverts back to the previous default setting.

Ok,If you are using desktop browser (ie not mobile), You should see a tab on the top called "Activity".  It is to the right of "Browse".  

If you click on "Activity" it will expand with other options like "All Activity", "My Activity Streams", etc.  Click on "My ACtivity Streams" and it should open up a drop down with a list of streams you can select.  Yours should be listed under "Custom Streams"

I haven't had a chance to play around with everything yet but best thing so far being the forum is fast again compared to the former version that was speedy for a while but in those last couple of months ended up taking an eternity to load the main page and some of the topics also. I spot the little bell dangling in the corner and soon as some notifications come in I'm sure it will be useful. Right now it's just sitting there and seeing it I feel like I should be expecting a phone call. Ha.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ED-209 said:

With this site update, Ive noticed my brickfolio is still in Aussie dollars, but the valuations are wrong as they are now generated using eBay USA site and prices. I was wondering if it can be corrected.

The forum has nothing to do with the price guide.  I just switched my brickfolio over to AUD for both the dataset and currency and it is reporting the Australian prices and totally different than that US prices.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Mack said:

I am not sure I follow?

Under "Forum Home" I would see "recent posts" on the right side. Occasionally in the past it would disappear but it's now been gone for hours. Now I see "Hot Links" in its place...

10.29.15.jpg

Edited by dcdfan