Recent S@H promo policy enforcement

conceptmachine

I'm wondering if there is a new policy regarding the promos?

Last week during the X2 VIP and Holiday train I ordered lots of modulars on individual orders (only to be sure they were boxed separately) 

Are they starting to only send one promo /day?  In the past they sent with each order I placed that met promo price.

In a way I'm happy that they don't send them cause they always mess up my main boxed item.  On the other hand, if they sent, like in the past, I'd have dozens of them for trade bait.

If they are cutting me short I'd at least like to know why, but if it's now policy, I'm OK with that.

NM, lol. I see where it says 1 per household.  I guess they are actually going over my 1/household because I've already recieved 3.

Wow, if they are actually sticking to the policy, that is bad news.  I have placed 3 orders so far (the third was as recent as yesterday).  On the other 2 orders that I placed earlier in the week and received yesterday, I got a train with each one.  

Are you saying that you have placed more orders within the promo train period and did not receive the train with each one?

Yes,  in one day I odered 8 separate orders, all over the amount for the train and only recieved 1.

The following day I ordered another 6 items on separate orders , all over the requirement, recieved 1 train.

The day after that another 6 items, same thing.  If it is supposed to be 1 per household, then I've already went over.  In recent past ive always gotten one promo within purchase requirements.  Just wondering what the difference is with this one.  Maybe they're upset because I'm sending back crushed boxes left and right and wanna retain a bit more profit from me.

Well that sucks.  I know others have placed several orders as well and received a train with each one.  I wonder if it is because you placed 8 orders all in one day and 6 orders the next day.  It seems like a lot of orders over the course of 2 days.  I would not be bold enough to try that knowing they have actually banned people before.  

I'm curious to what it shows regarding the status of the promo train on your orders where you did not receive them?  You know for each item it shows whether it has been shipped, backordered, in warehouse, etc?

Yes,  in one day I odered 8 separate orders, all over the amount for the train and only recieved 1.

The following day I ordered another 6 items on separate orders , all over the requirement, recieved 1 train.

The day after that another 6 items, same thing.  If it is supposed to be 1 per household, then I've already went over.  In recent past ive always gotten one promo within purchase requirements.  Just wondering what the difference is with this one.  Maybe they're upset because I'm sending back crushed boxes left and right and wanna retain a bit more profit from me.

1. Were they 8 orders of 1 set ?

2. Did you see an entry for Train promo on each receipt:
a. when placing the order?
b. under Order Status on S@H?

• Like 1

Why would they ban me for buying within their limit requirements?  The only thing i haven't was the ferris wheel, but they didnt have their limits set up at that time.  I also got some of the current modulars before they set limits so i just went ahead and bought my limits on them recently.  I suppose they could come back and say I bought over the limit because I purchased many prior.  I'm not one of those guys that are buying 20 plus of an item.  The helicarrier was the only one recieved a cancellation notice for as I didn't realize I had bought over their limit until I recieved a notice of cancellation.   

Why? Because they can.

You may think I'm being funny or snarky, but go back and read the Lego Ban thread.

If they believe you are a reseller, or that you are abusing their system, they will ban you.

You placed 14 separate orders in 2 days, trying to get that train. Yes I get that their system allowed you to do it. But the terms are 1 train per household.

There are plenty of people on this board that have been banned from LEGO Shop at Home for buying within the limits. It's more than just staying within the limits - its patterns of behavior.

• Like 6

Darth, they aren't on all the receipts.

I made 3 calls to SAH regarding sending the promo items.  I told them to either not send then at all or send them in a separate box because I don't want my other main box damaged.  They didn't listen and do the same thing.    I didn't buy specifically for the holiday train, I bought to collect VIP points.  Train is a nice addition though.

On a lighter note, I'm not worried about getting banned.  I'm easy going enough and don't sell anyway, so if they ban me I won't sweat it one bit.   There are always other avenues to take. 

In today's day age TLG should be able to set ip addresses/emails/credit cards searches that find out exactly what people are buying, especially when it comes to their site.   If i make several purchases within their data on me should be collected and if I go over then the flags should shoot up.    It shouldn't be me telling them how many I have, it should be them telling me.  Why?  Because I don't mind how many I have....if they do, then they should be the ones enforcing, correct?  Instead of sending me 1 per day, or in promos past, 1 per order over price point, a flag should shoot up saying I've purchased my 1 per household and no more should show.  I'm happy with that.  Maybe they are finally starting to enforce things...but not fully lol...ugh...

That's good to know.  I figured the trains might not even show up in your order status page, hence why I was curious as to what it showed.  Once you check your order status, you would see whether the train was even listed on the order or not.  When promos are offered, I make sure they show up on the order page before I hit submit because if the promo item does not show, there is little chance you will receive it when your order is fulfilled.  At that point, you will have to call and go through the hassle of asking them to send you the promo item.

Why? Because they can.

You may think I'm being funny or snarky, but go back and read the Lego Ban thread.

If they believe you are a reseller, or that you are abusing their system, they will ban you.

You placed 14 separate orders in 2 days, trying to get that train. Yes I get that their system allowed you to do it. But the terms are 1 train per household.

There are plenty of people on this board that have been banned from LEGO Shop at Home for buying within the limits. It's more than just staying within the limits - its patterns of behavior.

That are more apt to get looked at when you call. 

This thread should get copied to the Ban thread and stickied under lessons learned what not to do. 

• Like 3

I've been a member since 2010.  I'm not getting banned...lol.  

Me and the SAH rep talked for quite a while.  He was a big collector as well.  He was trying to puzzle together the Bat Pod as well.  I offered to pay half shipping on my returns for damaged items.  He was good with that.  If i so happen to get banned one day... i won't phase me.  If i want any more than what I have now i need to buy in other areas.  I would probably get banned I try to buy over the limit.    My "Patterns of behavior" are only a few isolated incidents recently, not over a long period of time.   Hardly enough to consider it a pattern.  

Edited by conceptmachine

I've been a member since 2010.  I'm not getting banned...lol.  

Me and the SAH rep talked for quite a while.  He was a big collector as well.  He was trying to puzzle together the Bat Pod as well.  I offered to pay half shipping on my returns for damaged items.  He was good with that.  If i so happen to get banned one day... i won't phase me.  If i want any more than what I have now i need to buy in other areas.  I would probably get banned I try to buy over the limit.    My "Patterns of behavior" are only a few isolated incidents recently, not over a long period of time.   Hardly enough to consider it a pattern.  

I just got banned a few weeks ago and I was buying within the limits.  It was a case of guilty until found innocent, only they're not interested in hearing any plea.

• Like 1

I find it funny that they would even have the policy of one per household. I went to a local B&M store last night and bought three Red 5's and walked out with 6 trains. I asked if it was one per $100 spent and they said yes that that was the policy. It also helped they messed up while ringing up the order and I somehow got quadruple rewards...........:victory: