10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

This week in the UK we're able to get 20% cashback from TRU and LEGO Shop at Home through a cashback site. Some transactions seem to be taking a while to confirm, however.

Lego TCB has always taken 48hrs to track, for me anyway, but it always goes though.
Even when I buy through the Australian page

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...

amazon, target, wm, and LEGO Shop at Home all sold out. John Lewis will ship a pair to a US address for $347. Thats about what two would have been here rrp with tax. 

I did not buy any of these other than the one I built. I didn't think it would do anything but it could be a sleeper. There are only 19 sellers on amazon!

10 minutes ago, marcandre said:

amazon, target, wm, and LEGO Shop at Home all sold out. John Lewis will ship a pair to a US address for $347. Thats about what two would have been here rrp with tax. 

I did not buy any of these other than the one I built. I didn't think it would do anything but it could be a sleeper. There are only 19 sellers on amazon!

It will be a good test for whether there is any hope left for larger exclusives in terms of the heady gains made till 2014 of sets like Town Hall.

Guest TabbyBoy

I've decided to watch this set from the sidelines as I've not yet forgiven the Pet Shop failure. The Brick Bank looks good, but I think "Town Hall" gains is pushing it. Also bear in mind that the prices of the Fire Brigade and Haunted House are no longer rising. IMHO it's too risky to buy a tagged set with little or no discount. What if another huge batch is made?

21 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I've decided to watch this set from the sidelines as I've not yet forgiven the Pet Shop failure. The Brick Bank looks good, but I think "Town Hall" gains is pushing it. Also bear in mind that the prices of the Fire Brigade and Haunted House are no longer rising. IMHO it's too risky to buy a tagged set with little or no discount. What if another huge batch is made?

Retirement stories of Pet Shop and Brick Bank are totally different - so why compare the two regarding expected future gains? Pet Shop and the Restaurant are the better fit for comparisons. Brick Bank meanwhile can and will only outperform those two as well as it will outshine DO.

back to sold out.  it'll be back again on sale on black friday - or at least the sale price nobody will get will be listed even if it isn't actually available for purchase.  doin' le dance . 

E48KZL4.jpg

whether or not it is a good investment at msrp buyin remains to be seen but double vip + double promo dulls the pain.  in for another earlier today. 

current amazon seller count on this set is about one sixth that of uber-dud pet shop. (17 vs 111) which would usually get my hopes up...  if hope in modular investing hadn't already shriveled up and died that is , lol.  angels and devils wrestling on my shoulders arguing about sending more modular money on vacation. 

oh yeah - btw - thanks TLG for keeping PR around another year - another guaranteed dud i was queued up for this year.  ..!..

Guest TabbyBoy

“Sold Out” means nothing and more likely another run. LEGO aren’t that stupid and will make more if demand is much higher than they expect. Isn’t that what the “Add to wishlist” button is for? It certainly brought the Pet Shop and Simpsons House back. Don’t get too excited about this pending retirement. Only a surprise retirement would work these days, not a tag.

John Lewis have plenty in stock and the Reading branch has one for £109.99 as the box is dented. I offered £95, but was refused and I’ll not offer more. What’s the point if it only reaches RRP in a year’s time after postage and fees?

Guest TabbyBoy
16 minutes ago, Frank Brickowski said:

What's not the point if it reaches RRPx2 in a year's time?

I’ll bet you USD50 right now that it will NOT reach USD340 by 18NOV 2019. If you can PM me proof that it sold for at least that, I’ll send you USD50 via PayPal F&F. It’s no longer a worthwhile theme to invest in IMHO. As for reaching GBP260 (2x RRP) in the UK, not a chance, GBP175 will be pushing it. I’m not being pessimistic, I’m being realistic, this theme is no longer a sure thing.

If I’m right, you don’t owe me a penny as I’m that confident of it not reaching 2x RRP.... even after 3 years.

You’ll wish that you’d bought Women of NASA instead!

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

I’ll bet you USD50 right now that it will NOT reach USD340 by 18NOV 2019. If you can PM me proof that it sold for at least that, I’ll send you USD50 via PayPal F&F. It’s no longer a worthwhile theme to invest in IMHO. As for reaching GBP260 (2x RRP) in the UK, not a chance, GBP175 will be pushing it. I’m not being pessimistic, I’m being realistic, this theme is no longer a sure thing.

If I’m right, you don’t owe me a penny as I’m that confident of it not reaching 2x RRP.... even after 3 years.

I would not bet on 1 year for it to reach 2xRRP (which is 300 Euros for me). But 2 years to go to (around)  300 sounds realistic to me. This is not Pet Shop, like I said before. You cannot compare those two like that. Of course my guess only applies if retirement really is imminent (this month).

Edited by Frank Brickowski

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

WoN investors will eventually wish they would in fact be in space so no one can hear them cry about this set losing big time. I cannot see how this one could be assumed a future winner. Female NASA scientists no one really has ever heard of and who have never left earth? If Saturn V was NASA's Batman, WoN is not even Robin, it's Aunt Harriet. Who is gonna want to pay for that?

Edited by Frank Brickowski
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1