10251 - Brick Bank

DadsAFOL

How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?  

136 members have voted

1. 1. How many 10251 Brick Banks do you have?

• 50 or more. I am the heir to Emazers.
    • 20-49
    • 10-19
    • 5-9
    • 2-4
    • 1 (for resale not personal build)
    • 1 (for personal build/undecided what to do with it)
    • None. I am Exciter1 and this set hasn´t been released in my location yet.

As long as these don't come back in force with huge last production runs I would expect 300$ pretty quickly out of the gate. However, I don't expect it to hit much higher then 400-450 over the next long future. Fire Brigade is a great example of the stagnation happening at high price points. From an investment standpoint I always had relied on the set having the option of pushing 600+.

If you bought at 30% discount i'd be quite happy (again barring it doesn't linger for the next 3 months).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Guilty. I’m not approaching steam roller numbers, but I have double digits. Why wouldn’t I? It’s a big a** freaking bank! It looks awesome in any city lay out. Any collector would be silly not to have it.

apparently I am not a collector in your dictionary ?

• Confused 1

14 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

Guilty. I’m not approaching steam roller numbers, but I have double digits. Why wouldn’t I? It’s a big a** freaking bank! It looks awesome in any city lay out. Any collector would be silly not to have it.

Well that´s me avoiding this one totally then. Or maybe not......

Staying away from the large box sets like this. One too many AMZ returns for some stupid crap the buyer did. Yes, it went up and value, but AMZ takes their pound of flesh and then it only takes one idiot soccer mom or scammer and it eats heavily into profits. Give me a pallet of $12 junior sets I can arm sweep for $4 and sell for $40-$50 all day long over this

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

Staying away from the large box sets like this. One too many AMZ returns for some stupid crap the buyer did. Yes, it went up and value, but AMZ takes their pound of flesh and then it only takes one idiot soccer mom or scammer and it eats heavily into profits. Give me a pallet of $12 junior sets I can arm sweep for $4 and sell for $40-$50 all day long over this

I'm starting to agree with this. The trend at one point was large exclusives, but between storage, shipping costs, and return risks, it's increasingly more tempting to sell more, smaller sets.

23 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I'm starting to agree with this. The trend at one point was large exclusives, but between storage, shipping costs, and return risks, it's increasingly more tempting to sell more, smaller sets.

Conversely, there are those that are selling on a smaller scale to fund their personal collecting. In that case, the extra time taken to sell ten £20 sets vs one £200 set is a serious consideration.

• Like 3

Scooped one at $170 off Amazon for my personal build. First Lego purchase of 2018. We have all the modulars going back to Market Street so didn't want to pay any more for this one than we had to. Not totally convinced it is going but why not I have to get them all.

Cancelled and rebought at 145.70. Cheers Amazon.

Edited by asharerin
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, terrymc4677 said:

I said that many times over, but purely based on the visual aesthetics, this is in my opinion one of the best looking modulars ever.. its sleek, elegant (combination of grey and white never fails).. kind of art deco architectural style.. compare this in 5 yrs against the latest Diner (totally unimaginative architectural style, although very memorable and "classy" for the US population". 

Edited by crayxlp
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, eliminator said:

I have just one of these sets; built for my personal collection.

If they are 30% off this Black Friday and actually in stock at Shop @ Home, I'll grab a couple. At that price with the free Holiday Gift and VIP points it's worth the risk.

One man's "risk" is another man's "a hell lot of money to be made"...

• Like 1

Guest TabbyBoy
12 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

One man's "risk" is another man's "just enough to buy a beer"...

Fixed it for you.

It's one of those sets that'll do well in the US, but will probably stagnate in the UK.

image.png.5db56846541c7c15b92190ff8b2e16b0.png

Guest TabbyBoy
7 minutes ago, Pietsma said:

I’ve noticed this morning that this set has been “untagged”. No more “retiring soon”, only “hard to find”.

LEGO Shop at Home Netherlands.. 

901AB389-6DEC-4976-B331-B0FE150585F8.png

LOL LOL LOL !!!

Not only that, it'll soon be very easy to find.... everywhere!

At least incompetent LEGO will now have to face a deluge of returns.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, Captain_chaos said:

Yup still retiring soon on the UK site. 

Still available at limit 5, they'd be gone by now if this was 2 years ago.

Guest TabbyBoy
On 11/19/2018 at 10:23 PM, Val-E said:

Just to derail the thread, have you seen ebay usa are now automatically closing SNADs in favour of the buyer?

No, but it doesn't surprise me, anything to make greedy eBay's job easier. This is one reason why I no longer buy large sets as one or two scams can wipe out profit from your whole stash. There is the small claims court in the UK that I have used once... and won! Failing that, the UK is small enough for somebody I know to pay a visit. This was also once and ended instantly with cash. I now only sell sets of max £50 on eBay that'll fit in a Royal Mail small parcel box, SNADs no longer happen ?

Guest TabbyBoy
2 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Still available at limit 5, they'd be gone by now if this was 2 years ago.

Now TOOS, it seems like the lemmings are following the lemmings.... over the...